second day hair w/ short hair

mrl234mrl234 Posts: 548Registered Users
I'm relatively new to this so forgive the eight zillion threads I've started :-P

I cannot get second day hair. Ever. It's chin-length now so I can't pull it up or do anything much with it, so whenever I sleep on it all that happens is that it'll get really weird lumps and waves in some parts and go totally flat on whatever part was under my head. Also, lots of frizz. Any defined curl or wave is totally gone. Given that I can't really pull it back, braid it, pineapple it, etc. (it's even too short to plop well, actually), is there anything I can do to get second-day hair?
:happy10:
fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
CGish since 10-16-08
Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer :)

Comments

• rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    mrl234 wrote: »
    I'm relatively new to this so forgive the eight zillion threads I've started :-P

I cannot get second day hair. Ever. It's chin-length now so I can't pull it up or do anything much with it, so whenever I sleep on it all that happens is that it'll get really weird lumps and waves in some parts and go totally flat on whatever part was under my head. Also, lots of frizz. Any defined curl or wave is totally gone. Given that I can't really pull it back, braid it, pineapple it, etc. (it's even too short to plop well, actually), is there anything I can do to get second-day hair?
    Pics would help alot, as far as advising product etc. Also, look htur peoples albums and find someone whose hair resembles yours and see what works for them.

The CK is very good for frizz (altho I have had to put it away since the humidity died down. Its just a matter of trial and error til you find the right products. Have you tried the BRHG? It gives really good hold and definition.

Also, are you putting product into wet hair?
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    maybe check out this thread

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=58661&highlight=silk+scarf

uses a silk scarf to keep hair nice over night. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm hoping to soon. :D
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • mrl234mrl234 Posts: 548Registered Users
    Oh, thanks! Perhaps I'll try that :)
    :happy10:
    fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
    CGish since 10-16-08
    Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
    Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
    Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
    Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file