KBB - What do you like for our type?

ReddishRocksReddishRocks Posts: 779Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I'm considering an order with KBB, but I'm wondering what works well for our type... or do you think it has more to do with texture/density???

Anyway, the milk and nectar look like winners, but what about cream vs. butter? What about the oil? Any thoughts? :)

17May09GlenEyriecrop-1.jpg

Hair is best when wabi-sabi.
2b/2c at this length, more 3a when shorter
M/C ii

Mod CG: Sept 08
Using: Suave co-wash, GVP Conditioning Balm, Lustrasilk OOC, MGA, BRHG
Humectants: @ dew point 40+
My blog for dry climate curlies and growing out a pixie: Colorado Curly

Comments

• CaliforniaWavyCaliforniaWavy Posts: 158Registered Users
    I am a 2b/2c and I like all the products I've tried so far. I was using the nectar as a leave-in and really liked it. I switched to the milk as a leave-in once I ran out of the nectar. I like it just as much. I tried the milk as a rinse out but I need a thicker, more moisturizing conditioner in the shower. I prefer it as a leave-in over a rinse out. I also use both the cream and butter to scrunch once my hair is dry. I like both, but have been using the cream more lately. For both of these, I use a VERY small amount rubbed between my hands and then I srunch it in. It provides a lot of shine and gets rid of any crunch. I have been using just samples, but am awaiting my order of full sized products. If you order, you can use the "hairlove" coupon code for 20% off.
    Mod CG since 9/08
    2b/2c Thick Hair
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/CaliforniaWavy/

pw: wavy

Currently using:
    Wash/Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut, Giovanni TTT, Elucence MB
    Conditioner: Kenra Moisturizing, Generic Biolage Balm
    Deep Treatment: Jessicurl WDT or GVP mixed with olive oil
    Styling faves: Giovanni DLI, KBB products, Boots, MOP Curl Cream, KCCC, HEBE
    Current Color: Salon highlights

• FrizzBgoneFrizzBgone Posts: 2,678Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use the Milk as a rinse out and the Nectar as a leave-in on my daughter's hair. She has 2a-b waist length hair. I've never tried the milk as a leave-in.

I could never use either the cream or the butter in her hair; it would make it greasy and flat looking. I find the butter a little easier to use than the cream. Because the texture is harder, you are less likely to over use it. You have to be really careful with the cream not to overuse it.
    Type: 3a fine & dense,with normal porosity, terrible product junkie
    ROUTINE: LI, enhancer, gel, plop with Curlease towel, serum product (either CIAB or Gel-les'c), clip & diffuse.
    Too many favourite products to list ... I finally have my routine that works and alot of products to choose from. My product stash is huge, but well loved !!!
  • mumofcurlygirlmumofcurlygirl Posts: 472Registered Users
    FrizzBgone wrote: »
    I use the Milk as a rinse out and the Nectar as a leave-in on my daughter's hair. She has 2a-b waist length hair. I've never tried the milk as a leave-in.

I could never use either the cream or the butter in her hair; it would make it greasy and flat looking. I find the butter a little easier to use than the cream. Because the texture is harder, you are less likely to over use it. You have to be really careful with the cream not to overuse it.

I also use the Milk as a rinse out and the Nectar as a leave in on my daughters 2c hair although.... Ive actually been using the Milk as a leave in the past few times Ive washed her hair as I'm getting a bit low on nectar and I find its just as good :toothy7:
    I find the Nectar works a lot better on dry hair in- between washes
    I also find the Cream too heavy for her fine hair
    Trying to work out my 5 year olds 2c fine frizzy/curly hair

http://public.fotki.com/angel6901/
    Password; curlygirl

Loving KBB and Kinky Curly!! :love7::

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file