CurlTalk

Share your "best hair day" picture

Every time I go back to my Fotki album, I see this one picture that makes me remember why I like my hair long. I like to look at it on a bad hair day and remind myself that I have had good hair days on occasion.

I would like to see YOUR best hair day. What did you do? What makes it perfect in your eyes? How is it different than what you have now, or does your hair always look this good?
ETA: you can click on the thumbnail to see the pic bigger on another screen
Here's my best hair day and what I did:
IMG_1912-vi-th.jpg

One C, Honey Rinse, Curlkeeper, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink], Arc Angell
CG Since 2/06
3a/3b, Coarse, Very thick, bra strap length and growing!
Fotki Album

Mary Kay Beauty Consultant

Comments

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I can see why you consider that a best hair day. It's stunning! :D

This is one of my best hair days. The reason I considered it to be so is because of its horrid beginnings. It was in August, it was extremely muggy and it was raining. I was in and out of the rain all day and ended up with very frizzy hair. It was date night so I did what I could do to resurrect it ... spritzed then smoothed and scrunched in some CK. I was delighted albeit shocked how well it turned out. My avatar was a similar type of day with a great outcome.

I consider my best hair days the ones where it looks great when it shouldn't - if that makes sense.

DateHair-vi.jpg
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users

This is one of my best hair days. The reason I considered it to be so is because of its horrid beginnings. It was in August, it was extremely muggy and it was raining. I was in and out of the rain all day and ended up with very frizzy hair. It was date night so I did what I could do to resurrect it ... spritzed then smoothed and scrunched in some CK. I was delighted albeit shocked how well it turned out. My avatar was a similar type of day with a great outcome.

I consider my best hair days the ones where it looks great when it shouldn't - if that makes sense.

DateHair-vi.jpg
    OHHHH yessseeeeeee that's the wino eyes/forgot my top I mean "had a strapless" on. I LOVE IT! hee hee! Ok, off I go to find my perfect day. Thing that makes me MAD is why can't it be more consistent! Drives me nuts to look back and see that perfect day and then I can't duplicate it!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    I like this one because I had spirals absolutely everywhere. I used a weird combo of products that I would normally never use and the results would probably never happen again. Sorry, the pic's a little blurry.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Every time I go back to my Fotki album, I see this one picture that makes me remember why I like my hair long. I like to look at it on a bad hair day and remind myself that I have had good hair days on occasion.

I would like to see YOUR best hair day. What did you do? What makes it perfect in your eyes? How is it different than what you have now, or does your hair always look this good?

IMG_1912-vi-th.jpg

One C, Honey Rinse, Curlkeeper, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]re:coil[/buylink], Arc Angell

GORGEOUS!!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEL2C wrote: »

DateHair-vi.jpg
    OHHHH yessseeeeeee that's the wino eyes/forgot my top I mean "had a strapless" on. I LOVE IT! hee hee! Ok, off I go to find my perfect day. Thing that makes me MAD is why can't it be more consistent! Drives me nuts to look back and see that perfect day and then I can't duplicate it!

I love this pic -- you look terrific!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CelebrationCelebration Posts: 134Registered Users
    msgiblet wrote: »
    DEL2C wrote: »

DateHair-vi.jpg

Ditto. Everything looks so soft, especially your curls. I'll bet it was a great 'date night'!!!
    CG Since 2/06
    Fotki Album

• MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Looking through my fotki, trying to find my picture... how have I somehow not managed to take a picture of my best hair days? What a weirdo I am!!!! yeesh...

Celebration, what AWESOME volume! God I wish I had that much... it looks fantastic.

Whatsercurl, you look smokin in that pic, seriously. Absolutely not fair.

MsGib, also awesome. lol, I wish it was bigger so I could see better! :P
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
    [/quote]
    OHHHH yessseeeeeee that's the wino eyes/forgot my top I mean "had a strapless" on. I LOVE IT! hee hee! Ok, off I go to find my perfect day. Thing that makes me MAD is why can't it be more consistent! Drives me nuts to look back and see that perfect day and then I can't duplicate it![/quote]

Errrgh. I know what you mean. I'm obsessed with making my hair do this again, but there are so many elements that go into it. The cut, the proportions and timing of the products, the weather, probably even what I ate for breakfast :)
    CG Since 2/06
    Fotki Album

I like this one because I had spirals absolutely everywhere. I used a weird combo of products that I would normally never use and the results would probably never happen again. Sorry, the pic's a little blurry.

Oooh, msgiblet, I wish I had your curl definition! Very pretty.

MimsTx: you can click on her thumbnail pic and it opens bigger in another screen
    CG Since 2/06
    Fotki Album

d'oh, having a blond moment >.<

MsG, so shiny and spirally!!!!!
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    MimsTX wrote: »
    Looking through my fotki, trying to find my picture... how have I somehow not managed to take a picture of my best hair days? What a weirdo I am!!!! yeesh...

Celebration, what AWESOME volume! God I wish I had that much... it looks fantastic.

Whatsercurl, you look smokin in that pic, seriously. Absolutely not fair.

MsGib, also awesome. lol, I wish it was bigger so I could see better! :P

Your avatar pic is GORJ!!!

And thank you ... was probably all the wine that Del alluded too. :laughing6:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fwhatsercurl%2F" class="Popup

Thanks MsG! I love yours too!

Your pic is what double plopping is doing for me. I think it makes me less clumpy so it seems there are more sprials. :)

Del - the pic in your fotki for Day 1 SMU looks pretty darned perfect to me. :D

• kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users
    Here is mine! I love it when you have a great hair day-it makes it all worth it!
    kat180 wrote: »
    Here is mine! I love it when you have a great hair day-it makes it all worth it!

What amazing curls! Looks Faaaab-U-Lous! :occasion9:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RyanneRyanne Posts: 686Registered Users
    kat180 wrote: »
    Really amazing curls, it looks great!
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    This was interesting. I think my hair has gotten less curly....what is up with that??

This is from July 2007.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    xcptnl wrote: »
    This was interesting. I think my hair has gotten less curly....what is up with that??

This is from July 2007.

I've found that if I get TOO conditioned (it's not even technically OVER conditioned... just a bit too much for my hair's specific tastes), I'm less curly. I guess some hard just prefers being a tiny bit dry?

This is from July 2007.

Because it was longer back then? That would be typical 3a.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is from July 2007.

Because it was longer back then? That would be typical 3a.

I was thinking that too but the layers were not that much different. I am wondering if my hard water is getting the best of me.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users

IMG_1912-vi-th.jpg

OMG Gorgeous!! Blow up the thumbnail people.... its so worth the click!!
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
    Will post a best hair day pic - JUUUUUUUst as soon as I HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate you all. Trust me; its a compliment!:angry7:
    My Photobucket Album

IMG_1912-vi-th.jpg

It's funny - in my good day photo - it was all Deva stuff too....hmmmm

Anywho....your hair is what I fantasize about having. That is some absolutely beautiful hair!
    Central Massachusetts

• virtualbabevirtualbabe Posts: 20Registered Users
    My best hair day was last week, not only that it was my 1st best day too :D I used LOOB under HETT and plopped for a couple of hours and here is my result:

20081022_01.jpg
    *Shanti from Queens, NY*
    CG Since: 8/9/08
    Hair Type: 2C/3A
    Co-wash/Codish: Suave Coco & Ocean Breeze, V05 Vanilla Mint Tea
    Stylers: LOOB, HETT, LaBella Max Hold Gel, BRHG, L'Oreal Melting Gel, KY
    Tools: Denman D3 & D6, Diva Dryer MF towel
    Experimenting: honey, AVG, ACV, ABUHO, glycerin, jojoba oil, shea butter, coconut oil
    Waiting to try: AOHR, Giovanni 50/50 & Direct LI, SheaM, GVP Condish Balm & Detangler, Biotera CC & SG, CK
    Fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fvirtualbabe%2F" class="Popup
    My best hair day was last week, not only that it was my 1st best day too :D I used LOOB under HETT and plopped for a couple of hours and here is my result:

20081022_01.jpg

WOW!! Unbelievably gorgeous!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Looking absolutely stunning, ladies! If only we had more days like those. I'm with Rudee, if I had a pic of a best hair day, I would post it!
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com

20081022_01.jpg

Ditto!
    My Photobucket Album
  • virtualbabevirtualbabe Posts: 20Registered Users
    rudeechick wrote: »

20081022_01.jpg

Ditto!

Thanks guys! You don't know how hard it was for me to try not to touch it all the time... lol
    *Shanti from Queens, NY*
    CG Since: 8/9/08
    Hair Type: 2C/3A
    Co-wash/Codish: Suave Coco & Ocean Breeze, V05 Vanilla Mint Tea
    Stylers: LOOB, HETT, LaBella Max Hold Gel, BRHG, L'Oreal Melting Gel, KY
    Tools: Denman D3 & D6, Diva Dryer MF towel
    Experimenting: honey, AVG, ACV, ABUHO, glycerin, jojoba oil, shea butter, coconut oil
    Waiting to try: AOHR, Giovanni 50/50 & Direct LI, SheaM, GVP Condish Balm & Detangler, Biotera CC & SG, CK
    Fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fvirtualbabe%2F" class="Popup
  • kat180kat180 Posts: 6,280Registered Users
    msgiblet and Ryanne thank you! Its lovely to get a compliment on your hair! Everyones photos on here look beautiful! Shiny and frizz-free! More pics pls!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Augh, I'm so jealous! :banghead:

My hair looks like Weird Al's today. My curls are so tight they're about 3C looking.
  • BrewCrewGrlBrewCrewGrl Posts: 442Registered Users
    P9160065-vi.jpg

Now I wish I had done something with my makeup before taking the pic :banghead: Who knew I would be a major frizz head since then, grrr. And I have no idea what I used that day!!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FBrewCrewGrl%2F" class="Popup

The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be- Konrad Lorenz