My Future-DH thinks I'm nuts

aoedecmjaoedecmj Posts: 85Registered Users
Hi! This is my first post, but I'm not new to the forum or NC.com . . . I've been poking around here for over a year now! I finally took the CG plunge earlier this month and I'm already seeing my hair do things I never even thought possible without tons of hair spray! So THANK YOU to the administators of the site as well as all the sage CG's who enrich it with all of their knowlege here on the old fourm.

I've already learned so much about my hair and how to better care for it. As a matter of fact, my fiance thinks I've gone wacky over it all . . . I did my first plop this morning and was boning up on all the info here on the various techniques and methods last night (exam prep). I've been explaining my new methods to him as I learn them and the intense "studying" last night gave him definite pause. I tried explaining that curly hair is more porous and depends on a different kind of routine, but his eyes glazed over. He did say my hair has looked great lately, though, so I guess he won't be calling the men in white coats just yet . . . I just won't try to engage him in conversations about diffusing methods or the evil of cones anymore!

I'm happy to be a member of such a great community of curlies!
CG since 10/5/08
Faux Red-head since 1997 - recent henna head
3a/2b
CoWash: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut
Conditioners: L'Oreal Vivre Pro Nutrigloss
Winter Stylers: KCKT, KCCC, FOTE, BRHG, Boots
Summer products I'm missing: CK, re:Coil, Tweek
Techniques: single plop, pixiecurl diffuse

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://public.fotki.com/aoedecmj/

Comments

• tattooedmommietattooedmommie Posts: 145Registered Users
    Haha! That's awesome! My husband is the same way, as soon as I start to mention hair he just zones me out now saying periodically, "ooh", "ah okay" to keep me happy.

Congratz on the great results!
    I'm keeping it simple and curly... Jonna
    A Girl And Her Curl
    Tweet Me
    3a/b
  • aoedecmjaoedecmj Posts: 85Registered Users
    curlyjonna wrote: »
    Haha! That's awesome! My husband is the same way, as soon as I start to mention hair he just zones me out now saying periodically, "ooh", "ah okay" to keep me happy.

Congratz on the great results!

I don't think they'll ever undersand . . . but then again, most of us didn't understand for the longest time, either, so I guess we can't be too hard on them!
    CG since 10/5/08
    Faux Red-head since 1997 - recent henna head
    3a/2b
    CoWash: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut
    Conditioners: L'Oreal Vivre Pro Nutrigloss
    Winter Stylers: KCKT, KCCC, FOTE, BRHG, Boots
    Summer products I'm missing: CK, re:Coil, Tweek
    Techniques: single plop, pixiecurl diffuse

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://public.fotki.com/aoedecmj/
  • marie.lmarie.l Posts: 702Registered Users
    welcome