PSF = Burns !

ParmenderParmender Registered Users Posts: 18
I have been using PSF castille cleasner + BHA 5% + jojoba oil/HA. Lately its been burning me. The cleasner and the BHA. I am using a facial brush from sally's, which i think is kind of harsh on my skin. I wanted to know if I should switch to the tea tree milk, or DY germ wheat cleasner? And i did cut back on the BHA from am & pm to just the PM. Advice?

Also I am thinking about breaking down and getting the emu oil. I have some redness and dryness issues (see above) and i dont think the jojoba oil is cuttting it??
3b/c always fighting the frizz!!
Co-wash : suave naturals-couconut
deep condition: giovanni smooth as silk <<<LOVE IT!
Leave in : hope to get my giovanni direct, in the mail soon from a swap! also i sometimes use angell, but i dont think i like it so much anymore ;-(

Comments

• PoodleheadPoodlehead Registered Users Posts: 6,959
    I could not use the castille cleanser, it was to hard on my skin. I think other people have had good luck with the tea tree.

My next purchase will be the emu oil. I currently use jojoba, and like you, it is not working anymore.

Good luck with your search for the perfect combo!
    Minneapolis, MN
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Registered Users Posts: 3,778
    I would lay off the face brush and the BHA for a few days. Let your face heal a bit, and then re-introduce the BHA. If you're going to use a facial brush, I'd be sure to use something gentle.

I e-mailed PSF to ask about the Castile cleanser because, although my face is naturally oily, I use Retin-A which makes it dry and sensitive. The Castile cleanser seemed to be drying it out. PSF recommended using a pea-size or two (it's very concentrated) of the cleanser at night to remove makeup. In the morning, I only use a damp washcloth or the PSF microfiber cloth. It works much better that way, and my skin isn't dry anymore.

Maybe you're overdoing the cleanser?
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008
  • ParmenderParmender Registered Users Posts: 18
    I must be , because i use more than just a pea size of it. And i think i am going to try and leave the BHA alone for a few days , and just use a pea size of the cleanser like you mentioned.
    3b/c always fighting the frizz!!
    Co-wash : suave naturals-couconut
    deep condition: giovanni smooth as silk <<<LOVE IT!
    Leave in : hope to get my giovanni direct, in the mail soon from a swap! also i sometimes use angell, but i dont think i like it so much anymore ;-(
  • alisons79alisons79 Registered Users Posts: 680
    I only use the BHA on my nose and chin in the mornings and then on my whole face at night.

I found that using it on my whole face both times was too much for me. So I only apply it in the mornings to the areas that are very acne-prone for me.

So maybe you'd want to try something like that?
    3A/3B
    I love Jessicurl HCC, Jessicurl Too Shea, KCKT, KCCC, CK and HESMU...but it took a LOT of trial error to get to these products that consistently work for ME.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file