New and in need of help

hairfreak2hairfreak2 Posts: 2Registered Users
I have wavy/curly hair depends on the length. Right now it is almost shoulder length with a few layers I'm growing out. It is very poofy and I need some products to help with it. As it grows out more I won't have so much problems because it will weigh itself down. I need some recs for S&C and any other products that will help. I prefer either something from walmart or salon. I have tried almost everything I can think of. I normally end up flat ironing my hair but I don't want to everyday. Any help would be Great!!

Comments

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Have you considered going CG - info in the going shampoo-less forum?

Going CG has really helped me quell the pouf that you're describing. I used to get it thinned to deal with it but CG is much more effective.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • hairfreak2hairfreak2 Posts: 2Registered Users
    I will go check that out. I went yesterday for a trim & she did thin it a little in the back, but said due to my old stylist messing it up she couldn't touch the sides which is where the big poof is. I've been reading about going CG on another site, but it didn't say how to do it. I used WEN CC yesterday to try to start it. I picked up some gel/cream from sunsilk, but am not sure if that is CG. I am glad to see someone else knows what I mean by Poof. I'm going to check it out now! Thanks so much!!!
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    You'll find a huge collection of ladies and guys here that know ALL about pouf. :)

And Sunsilk is definitely NOT CG. It is loaded with silicones. At least it's cheap, so you won't be out too much money. Or if you didn't use it you could take it back and exchange it for Sauve or V05 stuff.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file