Type 2c(1&3c) help!

tellytelly Posts: 2Registered Users
I have very naturally curly hair in the back and almost straight in the front. Bad combination that leaves me with a 2c in between. But it's closer to a 1 than a 3. My hair is also extremely thick. Every stylist I have ever been to says it is the thickest hair they have cut. Most days I straighten it but because of how much there is, it takes 20min. And that's showering the night before because my hair takes 9 hours to hair dry! And looks like Simba the lion. Really, it does. When I try to curl it, it goes frizzy at first and flattens out in 30min. I've used gels, spray gels, mousse, hairspray and most recently [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/AG-Recoil-p-24.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=ag-hair-cosmetics-recoil-curl-activator]AG Re:coil[/buylink]. It works okay but takes a lot of effort. Like 20-30min and usually still flattens out. So I guess I'm asking if anyone may have ideas, hints, tips, or products I could use to get it to curl easier and last longer. Or is my hair just what it is?

Comments

• tellytelly Posts: 2Registered Users
    The picture is terrible but I try not to take pictures when it is "curled". I am the dark haired girl.
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    Hi, Telly:

I'm afraid I can't make anything out in your avatar except that you have dark hair. :) I imagine your hair will get curlier the healthier it gets. You might want to try deep conditioning and experimenting with different techniques (ie clipping, plopping, diffusing). One of the most important things is not to touch it at all while it is drying.

Also, look for the sticky under the "going shampoo-less" thread. Do you follow the CG method (no silicone/no sulfates?). That helps tremendously. I don't want to overwhelm you with information, but there are lots of things you can do to improve your hair and its curl potential.

Unfortunately, it takes time and a little patience, but it is worth it not to fight my hair anymore. Please feel free to ask questions!
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file