Vent: Impulse at-home coloring

wildwoodflowrwildwoodflowr Posts: 63Registered Users
Wow my hair looks so horrible right now.

Background: I've been so frustrated with my hair lately mostly because it needs cut but I've been too busy to get it done. Also I normally use L'oreal Professionel Colorist Shampoo and Conditioner which isn't CG but the cherry bark shade creates a great natural looking red/auburn. But again been busy and lazy at the same time lately so I haven't been using it. I should've just saved my money and kept with everything I had been doing.

Made a bad bad decision last night to just dye my hair so that way I wont have to keep using my loreal stuff and fix my color super fast. The dye damaged my hair so bad and the color was super dark. I just used Color Oops on it which seems to have taken the harshness of the color out so now my hair is just tangly and damaged. It's frustrating! I had been working so hard not to damage my hair in so many ways and then I just did the most damaging things to it. I'm going to try some homemade deep treatments and will probably get my hair cut soon (its been 4 1/2 months so it's probably time). I'm feeling so down though. Have lots of stressful situations going on with me right now too. Just want to crawl into a hole until all this passes.
3a to 3b Medium/Coarse iii, Protein Sensitive

Occasional Cleanser: EO Products Sweet Orange Shampoo
Conditioners: VO5 or Suave Conditioners (Co-wash), GVP Conditioning Balm (Rinse Out/Leave In), AOHR (Deep Treat)
Stylers: Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel, Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Nectar (SOTC)

Comments

• susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm so sorry! I know how you feel and have done it myself. I've learned though...if I am really stressed, upset, etc....do NOT do anything to my hair...I always regret it...
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• wildwoodflowrwildwoodflowr Posts: 63Registered Users
    Thanks for the good advice, think that should be my plan from now on. Luckily Color Oops worked surprisingly well. Definite learning experience.
    3a to 3b Medium/Coarse iii, Protein Sensitive

Occasional Cleanser: EO Products Sweet Orange Shampoo
    Conditioners: VO5 or Suave Conditioners (Co-wash), GVP Conditioning Balm (Rinse Out/Leave In), AOHR (Deep Treat)
    Stylers: Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel, Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Nectar (SOTC)

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    So sorry about the color mishap. I'm glad you were able to correct the color, if not the damage. Spoil your hair with lots of DTs (I'd suggest a good protein DT followed with a moisturzing DT). :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • buffiebuffie Posts: 184Registered Users
    I've recently tortured my hair with color, last week and yesterday. Long story and I won't go into details but I've still got breakage growing out from last year!!!!!

Anyway...I was off from work today and had a bottle of sweet almond oil that I just got. I,very gently, put it on my dry hair and just let it sit on it all day. I clipped my hair up into sections and applied it that way so that it was all coated evenly. Then for the next 6 hours I did laundry and other household chores. I even took a nap by putting a towel on my pillow to not get it all gross.

And when I showered I used a very light sulfate-free shampoo and my Alberto Vanilla Mint Conditioner and it was so healthy feeling afterwards.

So if you have a few free hours in the next few days that's what I recommend. I've heard some good things about coconut oil and may try that too.

Hope this helps
    "How can I control my life when I can't control my hair?" - from a t-shirt my brother gave me years ago. I loved it!

Have discovered I cannot live without KCCC and plopping. Always knew that I was dependant on my diffuser.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file