Using a rinse instead of shampoo.

shycurlshycurl Posts: 197Registered Users
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or on the going shampoo-less forum:

I used shampoo to clean my hair/scalp this weekend because the conditioner didn't remove the build up on my scalp. It took a long time to rinse it out.

Would you recommend using an ACV or baking soda rinse in place of shampoo?

Comments

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Have you tried the soap/shampoo bars? They are MUCH milder than shampoo and remove CG buildup. Make your hair and scalp feel "fresh," but not stripped.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shycurlshycurl Posts: 197Registered Users
    No, I haven't tried the shampoo bars yet. Do they rinse easily. That was the problem I had; I had to rinse my hair 5 or 6 times.

No problem rinsing them out. I was nopoo for six months. These are very gentle, just a little more than a nopoo--but not as harsh as lowpoo. I stay away from castor and avocado oils. My hair hates castor and that with or without avocado makes my hair more coated.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shycurlshycurl Posts: 197Registered Users
    Okay. Thank you. I will try to find one online and see how that works.

• curlygurleecurlygurlee Posts: 9Registered Users
    Do you condition your hair before using the bars? I tried it last week and my hair felt dryer than when I co-wash.
    curlygurle wrote: »
    Do you condition your hair before using the bars? I tried it last week and my hair felt dryer than when I co-wash.

That shouldn't happen. Your hair might not have liked an ingredient. My hair doesn't like castor oil, which is in many of the bars to make them lather. When I used a bar that had it, my hair was dry and frizzy. I use the soap bars every three days, do an ACV rinse (but leave it in) add my rinse out--and rinse them both out. There are a lot of people who don't use a rinse out with the bars.
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file