So I bought Bare Minerals....

rockthecurlzrockthecurlz Registered Users Posts: 910
and I love it! I had posted a thread before asking for opinions on it. (Thanks to everyone that replied) I noticed that it covered up spots that I try to conseal very well. I had no streak marks, felt very natural but covered so much better than what I expected. And, I never had to retouch during the day. It was worth the money. I recommend to everyone! Also, the bismuth(spelling?) did not bother my senitive skin at all. :)

Comments

• AllerianAllerian Registered Users Posts: 72
    I've been using Bare Escentuals for a few years now and I absolutely love it!
    2C/3Amiii
    My Hair Pics
    Currently Using:
    CV Bars: Chocolate Almond
    ACV Rinses every few days
    KCCC, KCKT, LOOB and TW
  • spoiledcoilsspoiledcoils Registered Users Posts: 145
    you're lucky! i loved the look of BE but the bismuth oxychloride made my super sensitive skin burn and itch. I'm now looking into Everyday Minerals b/c they don't use bismuth!
    Currently loving:
    Deva Red One Condition
    Nexxus Emergencee
    Deva HIH
    GDLI
    KCCC

:love5:
    Working on repairing my spoiled coils!

• PoodleheadPoodlehead Registered Users Posts: 6,959
    you're lucky! i loved the look of BE but the bismuth oxychloride made my super sensitive skin burn and itch. I'm now looking into Everyday Minerals b/c they don't use bismuth!
    A lot of people here like Meow cosmetics, because they don't have the ingredients that itch. You can order samples from them too, if you want to give it a try.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • pinksugarpinksugar Registered Users Posts: 2,346 Curl Connoisseur
    I've been using Bare Minerals for a year now. I love it. I rarely break out anymore since switching my make-up. I did find a video "how-to" online that I thought was a lot better than the CD that came with the starter kit.

http://www.bareminerals.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-BareMinerals-Site/default/HowTo-Show

I did get lazy for a little while and started skipping steps. I saw a recent picture that showed all of the redness on my face. I went back and reviewed the videos and started using the techniques she shows and my face looks flawless again. I even got a compliment the other day! :toothy10:
  • CaliforniaWavyCaliforniaWavy Registered Users Posts: 158
    Also, Jane Iredale mineral makeup is wonderful. It is a higher end line but it is very natural and doesn't have the bismuth or other irritating ingredients. I love the pressed makeup.
    Mod CG since 9/08
    2b/2c Thick Hair
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/CaliforniaWavy/

pw: wavy

Currently using:
    Wash/Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut, Giovanni TTT, Elucence MB
    Conditioner: Kenra Moisturizing, Generic Biolage Balm
    Deep Treatment: Jessicurl WDT or GVP mixed with olive oil
    Styling faves: Giovanni DLI, KBB products, Boots, MOP Curl Cream, KCCC, HEBE
    Current Color: Salon highlights

• JLowJLow Registered Users Posts: 180
    If you love BE ( I am a bit of a BE addict) you should go to www.Delphiforums.com and check out the Bare Escentuals Addicts forum. The ladies over there have great advice for BE newbies!!
    *Justine*
    3a/M/ii with some 2c thrown in some days just below shoulders (growing to mid back)
    CGish since 6/8/08 -- one low sulfate wash on 6/7 Completely CG since 8/8/08
    Loving Lavender mist, CG "Glisten to Me" spray, KBB hair milk and KCCC
    Currently Trying Pink Boots, Tightly Wound, KBB, Kenra condish and anything else I can get my hot little PJ hands on.
    http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n.../Curly%20Hair/
  • TJOCTJOC Registered Users Posts: 23
    I bought some in Feb. for $25 ... OUCH

I nearly returned it because it didn't cover as well as I needed (I used to spackle!) BUT I decided to give it a week.

It actually has improved my skin, and I learned to dab it on as concealer. My blackheads are smaller, skin less blotchy. I'm glad I stuck with it!
  • pinksugarpinksugar Registered Users Posts: 2,346 Curl Connoisseur
    JLow wrote: »
    If you love BE ( I am a bit of a BE addict) you should go to www.Delphiforums.com and check out the Bare Escentuals Addicts forum. The ladies over there have great advice for BE newbies!!

JLow - are you wearing ALL BE make-up in your first photobucket picture? I love your eyeshadow colors and love, love, the lip gloss you are wearing.
  • TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Registered Users Posts: 374
    luv this stuff!!!! takes some time to get the "right" combos but it did the trick - hides my roscea real well!
    Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
    Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
    Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
    Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

:angel5::angel5:
    for the love of the lens...

http://animafoto.smugmug.com/

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
  • spoiledcoilsspoiledcoils Registered Users Posts: 145
    Poodlehead wrote: »
    A lot of people here like Meow cosmetics, because they don't have the ingredients that itch. You can order samples from them too, if you want to give it a try.

Thanks! I looked at the website, and they have a great selection of colours! I just got my EM order so I'll see how that goes first.

Also, CaliforniaWavy, I LOVE Jane Iredale, but as an impoverished student, just can't justify over $60 on foundation. :cry:
    Currently loving:
    Deva Red One Condition
    Nexxus Emergencee
    Deva HIH
    GDLI
    KCCC

:love5:
    Working on repairing my spoiled coils!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights