CurlTalk

McCain and Obama roast each other at charity dinner..FUNNY!

.patience..patience. Posts: 537Registered Users
It was so nice to see these two put aside their differences and have some fun. They both did a great job on keeping it light and funny, although there were some..'ooooh! oh no he didn't!', moments. haha!

ENJOY!

CNN Article:
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fedition.cnn.com%2F2008%2FPOLITICS%2F10%2F17%2Fobama.mccain.dinner.ap%2Findex.html" class="Popup

Obama roasts McCain:
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dv5SWQJWm6Tg" class="Popup

McCain roasts Obama:
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DeP2btngRXs8" class="Popup

Comments

• hadtochangemynamehadtochangemyname Posts: 628Registered Users
    I saw some of that on tv the other day, and was going to put the Obama quote:

If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. My greatest weakness: it’s possible that I’m a little too awesome.

in my signature here, until I remembered that some people here have no sense of humor. :roll:
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
  • SleighSleigh Posts: 1,226Registered Users
    oh lord. i just posted these videos too.

i really enjoyed them :)
    2c hair. maybe a little porous? my hair likes suave, vo5 and the big tease. going to be trying more lush soon. not sure how i feel about dr bronners.

letting my hair be natural again after getting it straightened. yeah yeah, im a traitor :pirate:
  • .patience..patience. Posts: 537Registered Users
    oreosmakemehappy, i think you should still put the quote as your siggie. i learned from the politics thread that you can't always help offending or upsetting some people...;-)
    plus..i was going to put it as mine siggie..but you have dibs on it!

and sleigh i enjoyed these videos immensely!

some of my favorite quotes: (some are paraphrased)
    -obviously the one already mentioned

-Obama:"Contrary to the rumors you have heard, I was not born in a manger. I was actually born on Krypton and sent here by my father, Jor-el, to save the planet Earth."

-Obama:"I do love the Waldorf Astoria, I hear that from the doorstep you can see all the way to the Russian tearoom."

-Obama:"My name from my father, Barack, is actually Swahili for, THAT ONE."

-McCain:"...The man known to Oprah Winfrey as, 'The One'; being a friend and colleague of Barack, I just called him, 'That One'."

-McCain:"[Barack] doesn't mind at all. In fact he even has a pet name for me...George Bush."

McCain had a few other good ones, but they were a bit too long winded.
  • Yes, Still PaulaYes, Still Paula Posts: 485Registered Users
    Yea, I just love this stuff...this is the MOST enjoyable part of politics IMO. Otherwise, I get bored with politics, to be honest.....

Leave a Comment