Touch up roots @ temples between colorings

eche428eche428 Curl NeophytePosts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Does anyone have any advice about what I can do for the hair at my temples? I color about every four weeks. I have almost 100% white hair on the sides of my head and temples and about 15% overall. My hair is medium brown/red and my skin is pretty pale. My face shape is oval but my temples area is kind of narrow so when the white hairs start showing I look even more narrow there.

Since I hate the look of the white hair that starts growing in only one week after coloring, I'd like to figure out a way to cover or color just that hair without doing a whole head root touch up every week. Any suggestions?
< member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]

Comments

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Curl Connoisseur Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Do you color your own hair? You can mix up just a tiny amount of your color and apply with an old toothbrush. You can also do your part this way if needed. :) HTH
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • eche428eche428 Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes I do color my own. I've gone to the salon and frankly like the color better when my stylist does it but I'm out of work and job hunting so there's no way I can pay for color every month.

I thought of that but never thought of the toothbrush! Doh! Any idea how much to mix? Is it 50:50 do you think?

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Curl Connoisseur Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    What brand do you use? Check the bottles to see how many ounces are in each the color and the processor, then we'll have a better idea. :)

I use Color by Robert Craig, it mixes with water, so I just follow the instructions to mix enough for a strand test. Does your color have instructions to mix a little for a strand test? That would be the same.
  • eche428eche428 Curl Neophyte Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    CurliLocks wrote: »
    What brand do you use? Check the bottles to see how many ounces are in each the color and the processor, then we'll have a better idea. :)

I use Color by Robert Craig, it mixes with water, so I just follow the instructions to mix enough for a strand test. Does your color have instructions to mix a little for a strand test? That would be the same.

Oh, for cryin' in the sink! Why didn't I think of that? OK, I'll admit I haven't done a strand test in years! Except for when I tried Cassia this summer. I'm horrible so didn't even think to look at the strand test info. It (Clairol Perfect 10) says to mix it 50:50. The activator creme is 2.26 fl oz and the color is 2.46 so close enough.

I'll try this later this week and see how it goes. I'd love to be able to do this every couple weeks to just my temples and stretch the over all root touch ups to every six weeks.

Thanks for the help. ;)

You're welcome! :toothy10: That's OK, sometimes the obvious just isn't so obvious! ;) LMK if it works out for you. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file