10% Glycolic Acid???

EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
How would a 10% Glycolic Acid compare to a 2% or 5% BHA?

I saw the brand c. booth derma M 36 Glycolic Acid Skin Resurfacing Solution for $15.00 at Rite Aid.

It also contains Bisabolol & Algae Extract to reduce irritation, Jojoba Esters & Aloe Vera to help soothe & moisurize & Benzalkonium chloride for antiseptic.

What do you think?

Comments

• alacurlalacurl Registered Users Posts: 1,199 Curl Novice
    My understanding is the concentration in glycolic acids and BHA (10% AHA vs. 2% or 5% BHA) is not qualitative. It's apples vs. oranges, if that makes sense. Or maybe a better analogy is 10% alcohol in wine vs. 2% fat in milk. :) You can't really compare them.

You may already know that BHA exfoliates the skin surface, but also within the actual pores, which is good for clearing up blackheads and breakouts. AHAs primarily exfoliate the skin surface.

AHAs can irritate skin that tends to be sensitive.
    shoulder-length 3a/b, depending on weather and products (or lack of products!)
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Registered Users Posts: 8,792 Curl Neophyte
    Ah, I see. I didn't know there was that drastic of a difference! Thanks. :notworthy:
  • happy-girlhappy-girl Registered Users Posts: 208
    Actually, 2% salicylic is the highest I've seen in an over the counter product (that I can recall at the moment.)

With glycolics, I've seen 11 and 17% in overnight products but people tended to struggle with irritation. 5% is a good percentage for the average person for daily usage.

When I was doing chemical peels, I did 20-30% sal and anywhere from 30-70% glycolic if that gives you an idea of how those numbers relate.
    Mid-back length 3a, red.
    Currently using: Joico, Redken, LA Looks Curl Look gel, BRHG.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file