CurlTalk

Sarah Palin on SNL

curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
What did you think?

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.

Comments

• Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
    I missed this! How was it?
    Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCurlypad%3Ffeature%3Dmhum" class="Popup

comic-p.jpg
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    Ehh. It was okay. Tiny Fey was great, and Amy Poehler was great in the second one, as usual. But I have to say that first skit - after the opening Sarah Palin one, the one with the marriage proposal - was hilarious. I could barely breathe, I was laughing so hard.

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    I only saw the weekend update portion.

Now that she gets to meet Adele (who is British), her foreign policy experience has increased. Yay.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    I didn't get a chance to see this but I did read an article and couldn't stop laughing at this:
    Palin then stood mute as Fey's "30 Rock" co-star, Alec Baldwin came into view, mistook Palin for Fey and pleaded with Michaels not to let the actor go onstage with the governor.
    "This is the most important election in our nation's history and you want her, our Tina, to go out there and stand with that horrible woman?" Baldwin said.
    When Michaels broke down and introduced him to Palin, Baldwin feigned embarrassment and replied, "I see. Forgive me. I feel I must say this: You are way hotter in person."
    Palin, who had also helped Baldwin when he stumbled over her nickname "Caribou Barbie," got even by saying, "Thank you, and I must say, your brother Stephen is my favorite Baldwin brother."

Her getting "even" with Baldwin is nothing compared to what he said about her. I loved it, and I hope she realizes that is how many many many people feel about her.
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • yagottaloveyacurlsyagottaloveyacurls Posts: 5,766Registered Users
    I think this whole thing is idi-freakin-otic.
    Nice that she has time to appear on SNL, but can't do some more ACTUAL interviews?

HELLOOOOOO? This is the woman that could possibly be running the country? And she has time for this $*&# ?????

I don't want to see you on some comedy show, Sarah. I want to see you ANSWERING questions, and giving the American public some actual COHERENT answers. I don't need to be entertained.

ugh. The madness continues...
  • SarcasmIsBeautySarcasmIsBeauty Posts: 5,640Registered Users
    Nice that she has time to appear on SNL, but can't do some more ACTUAL interviews?

HELLOOOOOO? This is the woman that could possibly be running the country? And she has time for this $*&# ?????

I don't want to see you on some comedy show, Sarah. I want to see you ANSWERING questions, and giving the American public some actual COHERENT answers. I don't need to be entertained.

You couldn't be more right yagotta. Sad but true.
    Turtles: omg please don't put that in your moo moo

Nej: too late... moo moo has been infiltrated.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    after the opening Sarah Palin one, the one with the marriage proposal - was hilarious.

That's weird. I sat there thinking, "What the hell is this? Who thought this would be funny? Even the audience isn't laughing."
  • newcurlynewcurly Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    CGNYC wrote: »
    after the opening Sarah Palin one, the one with the marriage proposal - was hilarious.
    That's weird. I sat there thinking, "What the hell is this? Who thought this would be funny? Even the audience isn't laughing."
    me too!
    "Well I love that dirty water. Oh, Boston, you're my home!"
  • SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users

Agree totally. A potential future VP can sit there and bop to a comedy rap live at midnight (I'm surprised she didn't have her baby in her arms) but not do press conferences? This does nothing but lower her already low creds.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users
    Maybe I'm wrong but I seem to recall Clinton and Gore doing SNL while campaigning.
    3b/c
  • cyndicyndi Posts: 3,341Registered Users
    munchkin wrote: »
    Maybe I'm wrong but I seem to recall Clinton and Gore doing SNL while campaigning.

Yes, but they didn't avoid press conferences and interviews the way that she does.
    I think that I deceive genius.:happy10:
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    newcurly wrote: »
    CGNYC wrote: »
    me too!

I don't know, I'm weird. :lol:
    I mean, it wasn't like I thought the whole thing was funny. But after you realized what was wrong with Sue, and she started doing things like screaming uncontrollably and saying "Her life's going to CHAANNGE! OH MY GOOOOOD!" and like convulsing, it just cracked me up. :lol:

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Minneapolis, MN
  • YolyCYolyC Posts: 3,758Registered Users
    Poodlehead wrote: »
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yep. She looked really uncomfortable in the first skit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything."
    Malcolm X
  • Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    McCain, Obama, and now Palin have done SNL. So why hasn't Jod Biden? What's he hiding that he won't go on? There should be an investigation.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    cyndi wrote: »

Yes, but they didn't avoid press conferences and interviews the way that she does.

That is the point, as I see it. Most candidates hit SNL at some point. But, to do it while not doing much else, at least Meet the Press, just seems weird. What condidate doesn't go on Meet the Press?
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users
    I thought it was funny...but standing there while being mocked didn't do Palin any good politically. I think she was a dumbass for doing the show. One good press-conference would benefit her so much more.
  • hadtochangemynamehadtochangemyname Posts: 628Registered Users
    I'm not a Palin fan, but I think she did well and was a good sport about it.

Alec Baldwin is a pig, JMO. And not because he said she was "hot". I've always felt he was a pig, even before hearing him ranting at his little girl and calling HER a "pig". So... bleah.

My favorite part was the moose coming in from the side... I don't know why but that cracked me up.

And I'm not a big Amy Poehler fan but she is just so darn pregnant it made the "rap" just that more funny IMO.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
  • hadtochangemynamehadtochangemyname Posts: 628Registered Users
    Someone on Huffington Post last night did make a good point though, the rest of the entire show (including a VERY good Obama commercial midway through) was so anti-Republican that I can't imagine that any of her "fans" tuning in enjoyed the bits she was not in.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
  • SaKkehSaKkeh Posts: 986Registered Users

Well, you kinda can get away with that when you dont appear to be as dumb as a toenail.
  • munchkinmunchkin Posts: 2,909Registered Users
    SaKkeh wrote: »

Well, you kinda can get away with that when you dont appear to be as dumb as a toenail.

I'm sorry but this is an adolescent way to view this. Just because you don't agree with someone does not make them to "appear as dumb as a toenail." That is a very bipartisan statement. The woman isn't dumb; whether she is ready to lead our nation if something happend to McCain is another story. I'm sorry, but I am not smart enough to be governor; I do give her credit there. Just because you don't like her does not make her dumb!
    3b/c
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I think Palin did fine. She didn't seem uncomfortable to me. The rap song was hilarious, especially when Todd Palin (Jason Sudeikis) joined in. I was amused to see Palin bopping to a rap song.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I don't know, I'm weird. :lol:
    I mean, it wasn't like I thought the whole thing was funny. But after you realized what was wrong with Sue, and she started doing things like screaming uncontrollably and saying "Her life's going to CHAANNGE! OH MY GOOOOOD!" and like convulsing, it just cracked me up. :lol:

Some parts made me laugh too. I think it's because when I look at Kristen Wiig, I see Penelope. :lol:
  • Skram1113Skram1113 Posts: 365Registered Users
    I didn't watch it, but I'm really curious as to how it is acceptable that this woman can appear on SNL, but won't have a press conference, or do anymore interviews???
    3b/c/f/ii
    Messing with AOWC/AORM (but will always love AOHR) Also playing with KBB, KCKT & KCCC
    Frustrated none the less... Keratin process set for 12/20 unless something changes before then.

Fotki:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fskram1113%2F" class="Popup
    pw: curl

1/20/2009 could not come sooner
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users
    I thought it was funny...but standing there while being mocked didn't do Palin any good politically. I think she was a dumbass for doing the show. One good press-conference would benefit her so much more.
    That's exactly what I said last night.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • wild_sasparillawild_sasparilla Posts: 4,306Registered Users
    SaKkeh wrote: »

I'm sorry but this is an adolescent way to view this. Just because you don't agree with someone does not make them to "appear as dumb as a toenail." That is a very bipartisan statement. The woman isn't dumb; whether she is ready to lead our nation if something happend to McCain is another story. I'm sorry, but I am not smart enough to be governor; I do give her credit there. Just because you don't like her does not make her dumb!

SaKkeh did say "appear to be" - I think that not doing interviews or at least going on meet the press gives you a dumbed-down appearance: like oh wow, she can't even handle a few questions.

Nobody here's given her an IQ test, the conversation is all about appearances - and to me, letting yourself be shuffled away from interviews is going to give the impression that you aren't smart/strong/capable enough to give any answers. Whether or not that is true, that is the way it looks.

Of course, "dumb as a toenail" was hyperbolic - made me giggle because I pictured a toenail talking - but I thought I'd pop in with this point.
    OMG, LOOK!!

...It's a siggie. :shock:
  • mandyvmandyv Posts: 2,437Registered Users
    I felt like she didn't really get that they were making fun of her, and when she sat in on the news, I was embarrassed for her. I can't imagine her supporters are happy. She's a dunce.

I LOVE Kristen Wiig. Everything she does makes me laugh out loud.
    3c
    Poo: KBB shampoo bar or Shikai moisturizing shampoo
    CoWash: VO5 kiwi
    Cond: Robert Craig, Tresemme Natural, or Fekkai Shea Butter
    Leave in/Styling: Grapeseed oil, KBB milk, KCCC, and Aveda Confixor
  • wavezncurlzwavezncurlz Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    mandyv wrote: »
    I felt like she didn't really get that they were making fun of her, and when she sat in on the news, I was embarrassed for her. I can't imagine her supporters are happy. She's a dunce.
    ITA - it also seemed small of her to think it's ok for a potential VP to be on SNL when she can't take a tough grilling on a real news show.

Wonder what my man Russert would have said in this case. I miss him and the race isn't the same without him.
    HAIRCOLLAGE2010-1-1.jpg[

mini-album w/ various styles for the past 10 years of natural hair:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs29.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fc252%2Fwavezncurlz%2Fhair%2F" class="Popup
    password: curlzorwavez
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users
    I thought she did very well, and it was very funny. I found a little more respect for her - at least in the aspect of being able to have a sense of humor and laugh at herself.
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    I think you would have to be living under a rock to be her and not know those are actual reasons people are making fun of you.

It's kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't. I think for most people, and non hyper critics, appearing was a good move. I don't think it's going to make McCain win by any means, but I think the whole being a good sport thing works in her favor.

If she hadn't appeared after an open invite and the buzz, people would have given her a hard time about that.
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity

Leave a Comment