2c?

sfaithjsfaithj Posts: 106Registered Users
How come in the "hair type" section, there are no photos for 2c hair? What does 2c hair look like? Also, I'm not sure if I'm 2b or 2c. How do I know? Thanks.
2a wavy. acv is my friend. flax gelee weighs down my hair too much.

cleansers: giovanni, curls
conditioner: curls
styling: LA Looks sports gel

Comments

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    sfaithj wrote: »
    How come in the "hair type" section, there are no photos for 2c hair? What does 2c hair look like? Also, I'm not sure if I'm 2b or 2c. How do I know? Thanks.
    I'm a textbook 2C think "Shakira" or Kathy Ireland. 2C's are wavy and we tend to frizz and the texture of our hair can be coarse. 2B is a finer texture and can straighten easily. Your avatar is a little small so can't tell what you are?
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    There are also 2 different hair typing systems that folks on the boards use. Some of the 2C's might be 2C according to the "Fia" system (link below), which is different.

http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/Personal27.html

I think I'm a Fia 2C, but I was never able to accurately type myself using the other system..... You can look at mine in the fotki below if you're trying to do comparisons. Good luck figuring it out!

http://public.fotki.com/wavycurly/
    pw: loopy

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • sfaithjsfaithj Posts: 106Registered Users
    There are also 2 different hair typing systems that folks on the boards use. Some of the 2C's might be 2C according to the "Fia" system (link below), which is different.

http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/Personal27.html

I think I'm a Fia 2C, but I was never able to accurately type myself using the other system..... You can look at mine in the fotki below if you're trying to do comparisons. Good luck figuring it out!

http://public.fotki.com/wavycurly/
    pw: loopy

my hair actually looks similiar to yours. :-)

DEL2C wrote: »
    I'm a textbook 2C think "Shakira" or Kathy Ireland. 2C's are wavy and we tend to frizz and the texture of our hair can be coarse. 2B is a finer texture and can straighten easily. Your avatar is a little small so can't tell what you are?

i think i'm 2c based on your description. here are better photos. That's with no product btw.
    DSC_0071.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

Hey, our hair does look kind of similar, doesn't it???? Except mine would never look that good with no product -- mine would be all poofy frizz and flyaways, waves and curls floating away. (It used to be better when I was younger, though. Probably because I wore it so long it weighed it down).

Which reminds me -- does your hair get curlier if it's longer or shorter? Mine curls more when its above the shoulders, which is why the "wavy" curl types on NC.com didn't make sense for me..... they say wavy hair is supposed to get curlier when longer.

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
    Hey, our hair does look kind of similar, doesn't it???? Except mine would never look that good with no product -- mine would be all poofy frizz and flyaways, waves and curls floating away. (It used to be better when I was younger, though. Probably because I wore it so long it weighed it down).

Which reminds me -- does your hair get curlier if it's longer or shorter? Mine curls more when its above the shoulders, which is why the "wavy" curl types on NC.com didn't make sense for me..... they say wavy hair is supposed to get curlier when longer.

my hair def gets curlier when it's shorter. i also feel like it's healthier when it's shorter too which helps the curls.

wavy hair is supposed to get curlier when longer? weird.

my hair def gets curlier when it's shorter. i also feel like it's healthier when it's shorter too which helps the curls.

wavy hair is supposed to get curlier when longer? weird.

That's what they say! Wavy looks less curly when shorter, because you can't "see" the complete curl pattern; curly hair curls more.

But it could be that what we really have is a mixture of wavy hair and curly hair. Because the curlier parts of mine curl more when they are shorter, but some of the straighter parts DO look less curly when short, because the curl is so stretched out, it's like you can't see enough of it to recognize it as curl (it looks more like a warped "bump"). I'm starting to think that part of my head is 2b (according to the NC.com system), while other parts are 3b (which supposedly gets curlier when shorter).

Just a theory, though.... You might have a similar mix going on. Or it could be that your "healthier when shorter" theory is right on target.

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • Twilight AngelTwilight Angel Posts: 28Registered Users
    I have the exact same 2c/3a hair all the way! I don't have any pictures though, sorry. Mine's getting longer (yes!) since my big chop, so it's getting straighter.
    Yeah, the thing about longer wavies/shorter curlies seems to be mixed up on this site. Some curly hair definetly gets tighter when it's shorter (like mine), but I think it's looser curlies like 3a because it doesn't seem to matter on curlier ones like 3b and 3c. Wavy haur appears straighter when short because you can't see the whole wave pattern, only part of it, as stated.
    Some curly hair definetly gets tighter when it's shorter (like mine), but I think it's looser curlies like 3a because it doesn't seem to matter on curlier ones like 3b and 3c. .

Yes, I think you're right. I always get confused and think 3a is fine and 3b is medium, but with the 3's they go by tightness of curl rather than by thickness. That's why I find it so confusing! I probably only have some 3a's rather than 3b's..... except maybe when it's humid.... or once in awhile when the moon is full.... or....

I think I'm going to stop worrying about what number. I'm waves and spirals, period! I think maybe I just have so many darn different types on the same head, I can't zoom in on one!

I am very happy to hear that I'm not the only one. So does your hair drive you nuts, too??????

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • curlsAboundcurlsAbound Posts: 246Registered Users Curl Novice
    Nice to see others' pictures because I am trying to type myself too! I thought I was 3a but was told I was 2c with a bit of 3a. Hard to know, isn't it?
    2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
    loving my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG
    faithful to Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Moisturizing Gelly
    also the combo of Satsuma scented AOMM and Biolage Gelée
    Desert Essences Coconut shampoo and conditioner

Discount code:
    For $$$$ off at iherb.com, use this linked code: DEY827

It IS hard to know..... but yours are gorgeous, whatever they are!

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • curlsAboundcurlsAbound Posts: 246Registered Users Curl Novice
    thank you ... yours are gorgeous too ...
    2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
    loving my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG
    faithful to Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Moisturizing Gelly
    also the combo of Satsuma scented AOMM and Biolage Gelée
    Desert Essences Coconut shampoo and conditioner

Discount code:
    For $$$$ off at iherb.com, use this linked code: DEY827

thank you ... yours are gorgeous too ...

:toothy10: Thank you!

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • britchesbritches Posts: 16Registered Users
    Well, the title says it all... :) You can kind of tell in this picture, but I have mostly waves, with the occasional tight tight curl...

2zfojgp.jpg

And here is a back view:
    547q60.jpg

Do you think this is 2c? :) Thanks!
    N00b (started CG method 1/24/10).
    Have 2B/3A thick, coarse hair. I don't know how to test the porosity (is that a word).

Here's what I'm using so far:

Co-wash: Suave
    Rinse out & Leave-in: GVP CB
    Deep conditioner: Olive oil and honey concoction

Product: HE Tousle Me Softly Mousse (I am using it up before I switch to gel... or maybe I'll just stay w/ it if I have luck).

:bunny::color:
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Looks 2C to me. Pretty!
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • RyanneRyanne Posts: 686Registered Users
    I think it is too.
  • Raven CurlRaven Curl Posts: 45Registered Users
    I really like this thread because I also have 2c/3a hair. My canopy is 2c and the underside is 3a. The difference between the two hair types on my head is so striking that I have had several hair stylists comment on it and ask me if I permed the underside of my hair. LOL, why would anyone do that?:confused1:

So, here is my question. When deciding what kind of products to use or what kind of routine to do, do I use a 2c routine or 3a?? I can't figure it out. I really want to encourage the 2c part of my hair to be more 3a.

BTW-I really wish we had our own 2c/3a folder!
    Hair Type: mix of 2c/3a

Modified CG
    Low poo-Organix Coconut
    Co Wash-Suave Naturals Coconut
    Leave-In-Suave Naturals Coconut or Deva leave-in
    Styling-3 Sisters of Nature curling gelo, FSG, LA Looks sport gel
  • BBBB Posts: 475Registered Users
    I have this great new hairdresser and he explained my hair is like a perm that is growing out. It is straight from the scalp but then "S"s at the end. If I grow it too long it ges scraggly.
    A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.

-Mohandas Gandhi
  • finchfinch Posts: 333Registered Users
    Off topic, but what kind of baby wrap is that you're demo'ing in those pics? Is that a Moby? (I'm a baby carrier junkie...)
    Medium texture, normal-high porosity, wavy-curly 2c to 3a-ish hair that is MOISTURE HUNGRY!!!
    Currently recovering from a protein hair crisis. :( My hair hates protein, apparently.

• britchesbritches Posts: 16Registered Users
    ewenique wrote: »
    Looks 2C to me. Pretty!

Thanks! Now I know which product package to buy!! :)
    N00b (started CG method 1/24/10).
    Have 2B/3A thick, coarse hair. I don't know how to test the porosity (is that a word).

Here's what I'm using so far:

Co-wash: Suave
    Rinse out & Leave-in: GVP CB
    Deep conditioner: Olive oil and honey concoction

Product: HE Tousle Me Softly Mousse (I am using it up before I switch to gel... or maybe I'll just stay w/ it if I have luck).

:bunny::color:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file