When workouts get interrupted

sarah42sarah42 Registered Users Posts: 4,034
When I am exercising, it's not unusual for my baby to need my attention. I have to stop for awhile and take care of him, then I'll start working out again and hopefully finish up without any more interruptions.

Do breaks in a workout make it less effective? I'm mostly doing cardio and body-sculpting type workouts.

Comments

• hopetocurlhopetocurl Registered Users Posts: 1,280
    sarah42 wrote: »
    When I am exercising, it's not unusual for my baby to need my attention. I have to stop for awhile and take care of him, then I'll start working out again and hopefully finish up without any more interruptions.

Do breaks in a workout make it less effective? I'm mostly doing cardio and body-sculpting type workouts.

I don't think that it matters... because I've read that if you can't take a long walk, to break it up over the course of the day and it is just as effective. Also, interval training is supposed to be good for you, so you are just doing a different type of interval training. Exercise...take care of baby... exercise...take care of baby.
    Currently, using JC HCC, Too Shea, CK and CCSS, RR or LOOB or MOP-C.
    CK is the one!!

as of 6/17/10 - I have to add Joico!

Pics at: http://public.fotki.com/hopetocurl/
    pw:wheredacurls

We could learn a lot from crayons; some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names and each is a different color. But they all have to learn how to live in the same box. ~Anonymous

Life is full of oxymorons....and morons too. ~hopetocurl
  • MichelleBFTMichelleBFT Registered Users Posts: 4,812
    I think it depends on a lot of factors, but if your cardio is getting interrupted and you're not keeping your heart rate up, then I think you are losing some efficacy.
    "And politically correct is the worst term, not just because it’s dismissive, but because it narrows down the whole social justice spectrum to this idea that it’s about being polite instead of about dismantling the oppressive social structure of power.
    Fun Fact: When you actively avoid being “PC,” you’re not being forward-thinking or unique. You’re buying into systems of oppression that have existed since before you were even born, and you’re keeping those systems in place."
    Stolen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file