talk me out of it

hadtochangemynamehadtochangemyname Posts: 628Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Talk me out of chopping my hair off. I'm so tired of messing with it!

I miss my short hair... whichever color it was (these are pics of me 5-7 years ago):

bw.gif blonde.jpg smart.jpg
red.jpg

maybe some people just aren't cut out to have long hair?

I have scissors... all it would take is 15 minutes in my bathroom and 5 years of "growing out" would be history.
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
[/FONT]

Comments

• LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Posts: 2,812Registered Users
    Talk me out of chopping my hair off. I'm so tired of messing with it!

I miss my short hair... whichever color it was (these are pics of me 5-7 years ago):

bw.gif blonde.jpg smart.jpg
    red.jpg

maybe some people just aren't cut out to have long hair?

I have scissors... all it would take is 15 minutes in my bathroom and 5 years of "growing out" would be history.

Have you had a good haircut lately? Maybe just a trim and shape up would make you feel better about the growing out.
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

• CaleilaniCaleilani Posts: 728Registered Users
    Your hair looks good short.We all get tired of messing with our hair.Maybe,wait a couple of weeks and see if it's really what you want to do.
    3B-3C, alittle past tailbone length,age:41 years
  • Babyk005Babyk005 Posts: 205Registered Users
    You look really pretty with short hair. (course i dont know how u look with long hair)
    If you truly prefer your hair short, go for it!
    I would wait at least 2 weeks though to make sure thats what you want. You don't wanna regret it :)
  • RyanneRyanne Posts: 686Registered Users
    Maybe trim it a bit, than think about it. If you really want it shorter after a while, just do it.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    dp
    You almost have me talked into going short. :goofy::toothy10::boxing:
  • hadtochangemynamehadtochangemyname Posts: 628Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I used to be able to just wake up, put a little pomade in it, mess it up and go.

It took maybe 3 minutes to dry and style when I did wash it.

I thought I had to grow it out because it made me look like a guy, and because I'm not thin. But being almost 40, I'm starting to not really care anymore.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
    I used to be able to just wake up, put a little pomade in it, mess it up and go.

It took maybe 3 minutes to dry and style when I did wash it.

I thought I had to grow it out because it made me look like a guy, and because I'm not thin. But being almost 40, I'm starting to not really care anymore.

A guy, well, you're a very pretty guy then!! :roll:
    LOL seriously someone told me I looked like a guy from behind. big butt and all

and the ex said my short hair was "dy ke y" LOL

I liked my hair when it was straighter, but I'm not liking the curl. I know... sacrilege!
    [/FONT]
    LOL seriously someone told me I looked like a guy from behind. big butt and all

and the ex said my short hair was "dy ke y" LOL

I liked my hair when it was straighter, but I'm not liking the curl. I know... sacrilege!

You have to wear your hair in a way that makes you feel happy...regardless of curls or not.

Do you think you'd regret going short? would you be sorry in a day, a week, a month?

I think you look good either way.
    I don't know if I would regret it. Its been so long. I think I regretted it last time I did it (1997). It just takes forever to grow, and now that I am no longer straightening it, it seems like it is getting nowhere because I have so much shrinkage.

I'm not doing it, not yet anyway. I can get by wearing it up. I'm just tired of it.
    [/FONT]
    I don't know if I would regret it. Its been so long. I think I regretted it last time I did it (1997). It just takes forever to grow, and now that I am no longer straightening it, it seems like it is getting nowhere because I have so much shrinkage.

I'm not doing it, not yet anyway. I can get by wearing it up. I'm just tired of it.

I feel that way too sometimes. I just ignore it and leave my hair alone...well, now I do. My scissors are too dull to cut. :roll:
    Speckla wrote: »

I feel that way too sometimes. I just ignore it and leave my hair alone...well, now I do. My scissors are too dull to cut. :roll:
    I'm glad your scissors are dull and don't go out and buy new ones either.
    Caleilani wrote: »
    Speckla wrote: »

I'm glad your scissors are dull and don't go out and buy new ones either.

They will not touch my head. I've reached the length where scissors make me have panic attacks. I nearly cried when I got my hair trimmed because I swear it hurt. :goofy:
    Good Speckla,I'm glad,may you continue to have panic attacks when you see scissors.You're on a goal mission remember,so let's not lose sight of that Sis!
  • Aphro-DeeziacAphro-Deeziac Posts: 983Registered Users
    i dont know what long haired you looks like but that pic of u with the short red hair with the blonde streaks is hot.
    26560_1412644406072_1531382664_31035658_3971206_n.jpg
  • rockthecurlzrockthecurlz Posts: 910Registered Users
    You should post a pic of your hair now so we can see the difference. In the end though, you have to do what makes you happiest. I think the short hair is cute.
    If I had a good day with it down, I'd take a pic and post it. But I haven't in months, so I wear it up.

I straightened it because we went out for BFs bday the other day. wow it is loooong now... I have so much shrinkage I hadn't noticed that it is halfway between my neck and my bra strap in the back now. And my bangs which had hit my eyebrows last time I straightened are now between nose and lips at the shortest part.

It felt so good to have straight hair again... to be able to run my fingers through it... it was so soft... ::sigh:: I would have tried to get 2-3 more days out of it if the clubs we were at hadn't been so smokey (I have to wash cig smoke out of my hair ASAP, it is so disgusting)
    [/FONT]
    If I had a good day with it down, I'd take a pic and post it. But I haven't in months, so I wear it up.

I straightened it because we went out for BFs bday the other day. wow it is loooong now... I have so much shrinkage I hadn't noticed that it is halfway between my neck and my bra strap in the back now. And my bangs which had hit my eyebrows last time I straightened are now between nose and lips at the shortest part.

It felt so good to have straight hair again... to be able to run my fingers through it... it was so soft... ::sigh:: I would have tried to get 2-3 more days out of it if the clubs we were at hadn't been so smokey (I have to wash cig smoke out of my hair ASAP, it is so disgusting)
    So,are you leaning towards keeping it long?There's nothing with wearing it up,I wear my up 99% of the time.Let us know what you decide we're here for support.
    Every day I change my mind! :goofy:

If I could find a way to guarantee great hair every day with minimal effort, I would pick that length.

(hey, a girl can dream, right? LOL)
    [/FONT]
  • mrl234mrl234 Posts: 548Registered Users
    I think you look great with short hair, and if it makes your life easier, you should do it. I loved having short hair (i'm growing it out because I got bored with it after a year) and always support going short if it's flattering and makes your life easier. The red with blonde streaks is especially cute, and would erase any problems you had with thinking it was too masculine-looking for you.
    :happy10:
    fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
    CGish since 10-16-08
    Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
    Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
    Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
    Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer :)
  • Oregano  (formerly babywavy)Oregano (formerly babywavy) Posts: 5,297Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm at the opposite end of the road. I gave in and chopped mine all off earlier this year. Now I'm not sure if I like it short, if I should grow it out.

I hate 'growing it out'. I feel like that's a part of my life I'm ALWAYS in.

I'm trying to force myself into denial about growing it out. Like, I'll just stop cutting it, and let it go - without a length in mind.

Now if only I can back away from the scissors.

Here's what it looks like now:

l_9523bd2bd3f94a0299941d83b6a577e6.jpg

369.jpg
    ~ the artist formerly known as babywavy ~

Please excuse any typos. For the time being, we are blaming it on my computer.
  • mosxy5mosxy5 Posts: 63Registered Users
    babywavy wrote: »
    I'm at the opposite end of the road. I gave in and chopped mine all off earlier this year. Now I'm not sure if I like it short, if I should grow it out.

I hate 'growing it out'. I feel like that's a part of my life I'm ALWAYS in.

I'm trying to force myself into denial about growing it out. Like, I'll just stop cutting it, and let it go - without a length in mind.

Now if only I can back away from the scissors.

Here's what it looks like now:

l_9523bd2bd3f94a0299941d83b6a577e6.jpg

369.jpg

First of all your girls are beautiful!

I like you with short hair...although I am sure you would like nice with long hair too. Your features stand out with short hair.

I am thinking about cutting my hair...it is shoulder length now but it is not in any kind of style. My BF loves my hair down and when I wear it in a bun.
    Relaxer free since 12/2001... :afro:

Mostly 3c with 4a in the back.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file