No Knead Bread/Dutch Oven

AllerianAllerian Registered Users Posts: 72
Does anyone have an Outset Dutch Oven from Marshalls? I have one and was wondering if it can be heated to the 450-500 F that no knead bread requires. It looks like my handle is metal?
2C/3Amiii
My Hair Pics
Currently Using:
CV Bars: Chocolate Almond
ACV Rinses every few days
KCCC, KCKT, LOOB and TW

Comments

• AllerianAllerian Registered Users Posts: 72
    It turned out amazingly perfect! I guess my dutch oven holds up just fine. The bread is so crunchy! I will never buy artisan bread again when I can make my own so easily!
    The recipie I used was:
    http://aresrocket.com/bread/
    2C/3Amiii
    My Hair Pics
    Currently Using:
    CV Bars: Chocolate Almond
    ACV Rinses every few days
    KCCC, KCKT, LOOB and TW
  • ArjaeArjae Registered Users Posts: 412
    That looks like a really good recipe!!! Hopefully I can try it soon.
    Thanks! :)
    3A, medium fine. Currently avoiding shampoos, 'cones, 'xanes and sulfates. Hair length - a bit beyond BSL. Mostly CG since July 2, 2008.oregonian_showersmile.gif
  • xcptnlxcptnl Central MassachusettsRegistered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I am going to try this one this weekend.

Ann's No-Knead Bread
    Combine and set aside:
    2 c. flour
    1/4 c. sugar
    1 T. salt
    2 pkgs. dry yeast (1/4 oz. each)
    Heat until warm:
    1 c. water
    1 c. milk
    1/4 c. vegetable oil
    Have on hand:
    1 egg
    2 to 2 1/2 c. flour
    butter
    Mix egg with liquids, then stir all into flour mixture. Blend at lowest speed on mixer, then blend on medium for 3 minutes. By hand stir in another 2 to 2 1/2 c. flour. Cover, let rise 50 minutes until light and doubled in size. Stir down. Spoon into greased 6" x 9" loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes. Brush top with butter. Stick a bamboo skewer in the center to test. You want it to come out clean but this is kind of a soft bread, so don't overdo it.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe MNRegistered Users Posts: 1,574 Curl Neophyte
    Allerian wrote: »
    It turned out amazingly perfect! I guess my dutch oven holds up just fine. The bread is so crunchy! I will never buy artisan bread again when I can make my own so easily!
    The recipie I used was:
    http://aresrocket.com/bread/

Ohh YUMMY! I love homemade bread, but never seem to have the time to make it, and I hate paying the price for a decent artisan bread. This is perfect - especially this time of year when it's crock pot soup, stew, and roast time!! YUMMERS! Thanks for sharing!
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights