Glycerin sensative 2's

HedyHedy Posts: 173Registered Users
Am I the only 2 who doesn't like glycerin-it makes me frizz. Every other 2 seems to love it.
So..um...I kinda fell off the CG wagon. I got sick of long curly hair about 6 months ago. I currently have a short a-line, which I flat iron, although I also wear it wavy sometimes. I still use sulfate-free poos (I'm madly in love with the Bodyshop's rainforest moisture) and silicone free conditioners.
Want to get money back on your Drugstore.com, Walgreen and Sally Beauty purchases? Check out Sunshine Rewards!

Comments

• rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    My hair loved glycerine from May thru October. Since the air turned dry it stopped being helpful - have put it away til late Spring.
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My hair LOVES glycerin in the Summer. Like Rudee, the weather changed that for me. BUT, I've reintroduced CK with my Shampoo bars and my hair seems to like it so I'll keep with that for a while!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    I'm undecided, I gave KY (before I forked out money for CK) a go and didn't really like the results. It made my hair icky no matter how much or little i used or even how wet my hair was! It still frizzed, felt so weird and looked gross!:sad11:

but it was still winterish here so maybe that was the problem?

but then again everyone says that method is what makes or breaks it not a product.. so maybe one day over summer I'll try again. :dontknow:
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I'm undecided, I gave KY (before I forked out money for CK) a go and didn't really like the results. It made my hair icky no matter how much or little i used or even how wet my hair was! It still frizzed, felt so weird and looked gross!:sad11:

but then again everyone says that method is what makes or breaks it not a product.. so maybe one day over summer I'll try again. :dontknow:

I'm not sure of the context but that theory doesn't seem right to me. The weather conditions in summer and winter are so disaparate that some products will not work in both seasons for all people. I use CK alone in the summer with no gel, use double the amount of CK in summer, condition more heavily in the winter, and may even have to co wash my hair more often in winter to get more moisture. While it may not be a good product for you in summer either, I think I'd stick it in the back of the cupboard and give it another go next summer. :)
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Did you use a Gel over it? It's a rare person that can use CK alone with no added help from product to hold the style
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • HedyHedy Posts: 173Registered Users

I had the same problem with KY-whether I used it in Aug, Sept. or Oct. Bioterra curl cream also made me frizz like no one's business.
    So..um...I kinda fell off the CG wagon. I got sick of long curly hair about 6 months ago. I currently have a short a-line, which I flat iron, although I also wear it wavy sometimes. I still use sulfate-free poos (I'm madly in love with the Bodyshop's rainforest moisture) and silicone free conditioners.
    Want to get money back on your Drugstore.com, Walgreen and Sally Beauty purchases? Check out Sunshine Rewards!
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    Hedy - sorry if I've hijacked, thought I'd chime in because I've always wondered why it didn't work for me??

Del2c - I've tried with and without gel, it's not so much the wave/curl pattern problem, I guess that was ok. But it just feels and looks gross and gunky not matter how little I use! It makes me have to co-wash it more too! I recently tried jessicurl awe inspiring spray (glycerin is second ingredient) and I hate the results, it does the same thing as ky to my hair! ICK!!!

whatsercurl - I understand that everything works differently for different people and climates etc but I was meaning method is important in terms of getting good results, most products if not all have the potential to work well it just depends how you use it. does that make sense? what your saying kind of agrees with the theory - you adapt the product via a method for your hair and climate etc... oh I've confused myself! haha
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • TillyMunchyWavesTillyMunchyWaves Posts: 671Registered Users
    I love glycerin. I only realized that it works so well for me when I started using Burt's Bees Avocado Butter as a "gel." The 1st ingredient is Glycerin.

My hair seems to like everything. Kind of like my belly! Feed me, Seymour!

But it could have something to do with hair type, I'm 100% 2C, in all it's coarse, frizzy, thick glory!
    Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
    Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
    Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
    LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
    AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
    CK & ReCoil--Activator
    Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
    For inquiring minds who want to know:
    http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file