HELP

jessica19jessica19 Posts: 7Registered Users
ok i'm a natural brunette but i wanted to dye my hair blonde for the summer, since winter's coming i wanted to go back to a darker colour. i ALWAYS get l'oreal preference but my mom didn't want to spend $13 on it and i felt bad 'cause she's kind of having money trouble so i agreed to get nice & easy for $7. i got the colour natural cool brown (it looked exact to my roots on the box:banghead: ) when we put it in it was brown, then it started to turn BLACK. i rinsed it out after 25 minutes in a panick and it's BLACK. i REALLLLLLLY don't want black hair, i am wayyyy to pale to have black hair, my hair looks FUG!! i cannot wait this out and let it fade, i need to fix it asap. the problem is, i know my mom won't let me go to a salon so i was wondering, if i bought the brown dye that i always use from l'oreal, would it lighten it or not do anything? what do i doooo?

ok, here's some pictures maybe these'll help;
my natural colour;
n66c8w.jpg
summer colour;
s658x4.jpg
now;
211mq93.jpg

so it's not like jet black just really dark haha i still need to fix it though! i want it to be exactly the colour of the first one!

Comments

• MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Once your hair's dark, putting another brown on top isn't going to lighten it. The only dye that will lighten will have peroxide/bleach in it, which can really damage your hair if you don't know what you're doing.

Harsher shampoos will bleed out some of the color, if you do it pretty quickly after dying it.

And honey supposedly lightens hair some too.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • RyanneRyanne Posts: 686Registered Users
    Yes, honey can lighten your hair a bit. It needs to be left on wet hair for at least an hour.
  • jessica19jessica19 Posts: 7Registered Users
    i don't want to wait for it to lighten, i need to happen like reallly soon i don't even want to walk out of my house it's so bad
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Try a harsh shampoo, then do a DT with heat. This should lighten some of the color. You can also try adding some baking soda to the shampoo, but be sure to condition well afterward.

If that doesn't help, run to Sally's and get ColorFix. That will lift the color. Use parts 1 and 2, don't use the processing lotion, you shouldn't need it.

HTH and good luck! :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    lol, maybe I'm just dense, but I don't see all THAT much of a difference. I know camera's can't always capture it, but I think it looks pretty darn close from the pics.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • RyanneRyanne Posts: 686Registered Users
    I do see a difference, but not that much.
  • Babyk005Babyk005 Posts: 205Registered Users
    it really doesn't look bad...just be glad it's not jet black. I know you dont want to wait but if the box said brown...it will turn brown after a few shampoos. All shades are usually darker then what it says on the box, thats why they always say get a shade lighter than what you want.
    Maybe you can get highlights, but that will damage your hair a lot and possibly turn orange....I would also stay away from colorfix.
    ur best bet is to your wait.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file