HELP flyaways and frizz HELP

mrl234mrl234 Posts: 548Registered Users
Hey everyone,

I have some nice waves and curls going on (I'm a 2b/2c), but I also have a lot of frizz and flyaways. It sucks. It even would happen when I used to straighten my hair a lot. If you have had this problem, have you found a (CG, silicone-free, affordable on a broke student budget) product that combats it effectively?

Thanks in advance
:happy10:
fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
CGish since 10-16-08
Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer :)

Comments

• MintMint Posts: 1,143Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi! :icon_smile:

I feel your pain when it comes to the frizz. It's my number one issue. Everyone finds different solutions to this, but what really helps me is using a good, moisturizing, detangling conditioner, a leave-in conditioner and sometimes some gel if I want to bring out the waves and get a little more frizz protection. Basically, my routine is this:

1. Shower at night
    2. Shampoo (I often use the sulfate kind)
    3. Condition well. Leave on the conditioner for a couple minutes and use a wide-toothed comb to evenly distribute it before rinsing. I currently use Dove Intense Therapy Conditioner. It has 'cones, but they don't build up since I use shampoo.
    4. Leave in a conditioner. Right now I leave in some of my Dove conditioner or else my hair is a big, tangled rat's nest. Use enough so that your hair feels moisturized but not greasy.
    5. Sleep on a towel
    6. Comb out hair
    7. Wet the canopy, smooth on Herbal Essences Body Envy Gel and scrunch (Sometimes I skip this if my frizz is behaving and I want soft hair).

If you don't like using 'cones and need more product recommendations, please feel free to check out the product reviews in my fotki. Good luck and let us know how you do! :blob2:
    2a/M-C/ii hair. Super long.
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Here's a site with a list of CG products: http://healthycurls.awardspace.com/free.html

You may want to start with a Suave Naturals or VO5 conditioner, and LA Sport gel or Herbal Essence Set Me Up gel. If you need more moisture, then move up to a richer conditioner, try a honey rinse, or KY Jelly. There is a lot of experimenting before you find what works for you. Actually, many of us love to experiment indefinitely! :wink:
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • LoloDSMLoloDSM Posts: 3,778Registered Users
    I am CG (no silicones, no sulfates). One thing that worked for me was oil. I use Jane Carter's Hair Nourishing Serum on dry hair and it helped immensely. My hair soaked it up and would curl more, frizz less. As my hair as gotten healthier, I've used it less and less often. But when I do get frizz, the serum helps.

Also, no touchie your hair until it's COMPLETELY dry. Don't scrunch, don't move it around, don't try to re-habilitate a "bad" spot. Leave it alone. The less I touch my hair, the better. I clip the roots after diffusing and then don't touch until it's totally dry.

Finally, I've been CG for more than six months now. My hair is much less frizzy the longer I've gone without straightening.

Good luck!
    Loose botticelli curls and waves
    No silicones/no sulfates since March 2008

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file