No cones straightening product?

Fluffy01Fluffy01 Registered Users Posts: 271
Has anyone found one and tried it? Does it protect against damage? I'd hate to get back into my cone routine just to straighten my hair every now and then. Cones make my hair really frizzy and unmanagable in curly style. Thank you!

Comments

• MimsTXMimsTX Lewisville TXRegistered Users Posts: 3,482 Curl Neophyte
    I was trying to find one as well, and no luck so far. I'll keep looking though, and hopefully someone will have an idea.

I have a feeling that most, if not all, of the heat protection products have cones in them though. What better way to protect the hair than to coat it with silicones, after all?
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • Fluffy01Fluffy01 Registered Users Posts: 271
    Well I've found ....one lol. It's by Blended Beauty. I worry tho that it won't work due to no cones. I wish I knew someone that had used it regularly and could say if they got any damage. :sad11:
  • MimsTXMimsTX Lewisville TXRegistered Users Posts: 3,482 Curl Neophyte
    How much is it/where did you find it?
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • rymorg2rymorg2 in the land of wurls and curlsRegistered Users Posts: 2,571
    KBB hair milk is good for this, I used it last week that way. I put it in dry hair, flat ironed, then smoothed with a little camellia oil. No cones, all natural. You could probably smooth with a little (like pea size or smaller) more of the milk too.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.blendedbeauty.com/product-straightening-glaze.html

http://www.blendedbeauty.com/product-straight-pearl.html

Mims...here are the links to the BB stuff. Like I said, though...not sure if it'd protect well.

Rymorg, have you noticed any damage from using something with no cones and flat ironing? Thanks!
  • realisticrealistic Registered Users Posts: 2,222 Curl Novice
    I believe phytodefrisant is cone-free. You should do a search on it b/c I know a lot of curlies get good results from it.
    Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth. I sat at a table where were rich food and wine in abundance, and obsequious attendance, but sincerity and truth were not;
    and I went away hungry from the inhospitable board.
    -Henry David Thoreau
    Fluffy01 wrote: »
    Rymorg, have you noticed any damage from using something with no cones and flat ironing? Thanks!

I've only done it once or twice, but no.....usually even with cones I get frizz, the ends of my hair look dry and damaged. Not so with the KBB.....all smooth! So if anything, it wasn't any different from the cones (I think it was better actually).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oooh...I may have to invest in some of the KBB stuff then rymorg.

I hope I'm not bugging you, but can I ask you a couple more questions....our hair is pretty similar hehe. :love3:

Would you mind telling me what flat iron you use, and also I've read some of your other posts and saw you mentioned ACV spritzing...can you explain that to me (i.e. the formula as I'm no stranger to ACV rinsing...which is quite a pain for me with the big jug of water in the shower to dilute the stuff). Thank you so much for your help! :toothy10:
    Sure, I'm glad to be of help! You're not bugging at all. :pirat:

I use a CHI flat iron. I've tried many brands, from very inexpensive to very expensive, and the CHI is the best on my hair. I had my last one for 5 years before it got broke by my kidlets.

As for ACV spritzing, my formula is 1:10, and I keep a small spritzing bottle of it in my shower, and spray it instead of pouring it like in a rinse. It works fairly well for me, though I'm considering adding the occasional rinse as well when I need extra oomph. HTH!!!!
    Fluffy01 wrote: »
    Oooh...I may have to invest in some of the KBB stuff then rymorg.

I hope I'm not bugging you, but can I ask you a couple more questions....our hair is pretty similar hehe. :love3:

Would you mind telling me what flat iron you use, and also I've read some of your other posts and saw you mentioned ACV spritzing...can you explain that to me (i.e. the formula as I'm no stranger to ACV rinsing...which is quite a pain for me with the big jug of water in the shower to dilute the stuff). Thank you so much for your help! :toothy10:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file