Growing my hair out and have a couple questions!

curlcutiecurlcutie Posts: 227Registered Users
Hey everyone,
I have been reading some of the other threads and I was wondering if it is true that hair gets curlier as it gets longer. Right now my hair is about and inch or so past my shoulder and I am hoping to grow it out to BSL. Have you guys found that it gets alot easier to get curls in your hair as it gets longer? Also is there any tips to get beautiful defined curls? Can you all please share with me your routines every day that have given you great curls. Sorry I can't post any pics of myself my computer won't let me. you can kinda see my hair in my avator pic. Sorry I had so many questions. So PLEASE post ANY tips or routines or anything, because I am starting to try new things with my hair to see what works best. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! :) Oh yeah my hair is 2c/3a. Thank you! :)
- 2c/3a hair
- Going to try being a modified CG
-Herbal Essence Body Envy Volumizing Mousse
-Pantene PRO-V Curls Gel
-L'OREAL Paris Curl Boosting, Curl Spray Gel
-Is hair twins with sarahb1396:toothy7:
I LOVE MY CURLS!!!!!:love4:

Comments

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    If you take a look at the difference between my short hair fotki pics and now you will definitely see how much curlier my hair is at a longer length. This is pretty standard for a 3A.

Of course, I wasn't CG in the short hair pics so arguably I'd be curlier now than before if I decided to go short again.

ETA: My Day 1 routine is pretty standard, co wash, condition, honey rinse, CK, gel, plop, diffuse. Here's a post where I gave details on my most recent routine and products.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=58664&highlight=finally
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • RyanneRyanne Posts: 686Registered Users
    Mine doesn't get curlier, my roots get flatter.

I just DT every week, and sometimes add a bit of conditioner, that's about it.
  • multiracialcurls89multiracialcurls89 Posts: 204Registered Users
    Mine doesnt get curlier its gets looser and its starts to loose its coil and become s-shaped but then again my texture is very different from yours. So yours could be different. I wish I could see your hair, from what i can see in you avatar pics it looks very pretty.
    <A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"; target=_blank>

event.png
    Napptural Anniversary 6/27/08
    3c/3b
    Hair Loves: EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel, Protein Conditioners
    Hair Hates: Sulfates, Daily Hair Drenchings with Water, Gels with alot heavy PVP's
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    When I started CG, my hair was just past chin length and was more poofy than curly. Now it's close to BSL and is much curlier, even spiraly (still poufy, though. :))

I'm probably a 2c/3a, also. I CO wash with VO5 Kiwi Lime and CO with VO5 Sunkissed Raspberry. Then I use L'Oreal Out of Bed which I rake/scrunch into wet hair. This has been giving me nice soft curls. I also use gel, but have been taking a break from it.
    Maudie

CO wash-Vo5 Kiwi Lime
    Regular CO-Tresemme Naturals Silicone Free
    Deep CO-Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

Shampoo-Jhirmack Silver Plus Ageless once a week
    Cream-Garnier Fructis Sleek $ Shine Leave-In Conditioning
    Gels-LA Looks Sport

Going silver-last hair color 4/10/15

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights