have you bought curly hair products (etc) online?

curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
hiya

just wondering whether you have bought any curly hair products online and if so where (i.e. curlmart, amazon or other)? and what was the service like (i.e. shipping time, cost etc)?

I ordered my curly girl book from an aussie site but i had to cancel it because I ordered it in august and i STILL haven't got it! apparently their suppliers have none! (boo!!:sad11:) So I'm looking where else to get it, and whether its worth adding a few extra things (products) with it, to "save" on shipping. I was trying to compare amazon prices to curlmart prices, but apparently amazon can't send the products to Australia? (weird when curlmart can?) Any ideas?

ok enough rambling... thanks :D
2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.

Comments

• StarmieStarmie Posts: 7,169Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    I've got stuff from Curlmart in the past, but it was before USPS put their prices up so at the time the postage was quite reasonable. The service was excellent, I think my orders came within a week and one time something was missing so I emailed and they sent it on at their expense. I think it's the only overseas site I've ordered products from. My curly girl book came from the US too, though I can't remember whether it was Amazon or ebay.
    I used to get Jessicurl stuff from curlyhairstylesmagazine (I think in NSW), they too had excellent service but they don't sell it any more so that's not much use (esp as you can get it locally now anyway). I get Giovanni from organicsaustralia (or something like that) up in Queensland, bit on the slow side but OK.
    3b in South Australia.
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    Thanks starmie.. I'm contemplating ordering off curl mart but the postage is insane!! my poor back pocket looks a little less for wear just with the thought of it.

• LL Posts: 21Registered Users
    Not sure if you're still looking for a copy of the CG book, but I ordered mine through The Book Depository. It's a UK-based site, but don't let that put you off - it has free shipping to Australia! It's in stock at the moment for £5.43, I think that's around AU$12?
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    Thanks.. I got mine somewhere, maybe curlmart when I made my order. I noticed just the other day that borders (doncaster) had about 3 of them in stock. They were priced at about $20 or something.

that site sounds cheap, I'll have to keep it in mind.

• LL Posts: 21Registered Users
    Yeah, they're great. I used them when I was doing my Arts degree and saved heaps of money. The site says 7-14 working days for shipping, so about three weeks, but my orders usually take two weeks to arrive in Melbourne.

I noticed that they have a few other curly hair books, too, but I haven't tried them. I am content with Curly Girl!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file