L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner - I might be in love!

Comments

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    I did it, BB. I bought and tried this conditioner. But I got the one in the tube and not the bottle. The bottle one had cones in it - at my store anyway.

Gotta say I really like it and I think it may be a suitable replacement for my Kenra should I run out or cheap out. I like that it rinses squeaky clean like my Kenra. :mrgreen:
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I did it, BB. I bought and tried this conditioner. But I got the one in the tube and not the bottle. The bottle one had cones in it - at my store anyway.

Gotta say I really like it and I think it may be a suitable replacement for my Kenra should I run out or cheap out. I like that it rinses squeaky clean like my Kenra. :mrgreen:

HA!!! I knew you'd like it!!! :laughing1: *does a little victory dance*

BTW - glad to see you back. You were pretty quiet there for a while! *smooch*
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users

HA!!! I knew you'd like it!!! :laughing1: *does a little victory dance*

BTW - glad to see you back. You were pretty quiet there for a while! *smooch*

Thanks for the welcome back. *hug*

Had a very busy month and just starting to get things back to normal around here.

I really am liking the conditioner but I'm hoping to find the one in the bottle at a drugstore that's listed in the thread asking for where to buy in Canada. I find the tube a wee bit thick for my hair but I'm thinking the more runny stuff will be perfect. :D

BTW - your hair is looking amazing in your new pics!!!!
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • lizzlebelizzlelizzlebelizzle Posts: 287Registered Users
    Okay what am I gonna do? I love this conditioner -- I got the last bottle at the Target by my house and now I can't find it anywhere! I feel like I bought the last bottle in existence! I'm totally despairing thinking that I'm gonna have to switch to something else.
    Well I'm glad everything is getting back to normal for you. I know I missed you while you were away!

And thank you!!! Flax gel has been a miracle for me!! :mrgreen:
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• karamelsutra.73karamelsutra.73 Posts: 24Registered Users
    Okay what am I gonna do? I love this conditioner -- I got the last bottle at the Target by my house and now I can't find it anywhere! I feel like I bought the last bottle in existence! I'm totally despairing thinking that I'm gonna have to switch to something else.
    I found this conditioner at the Kmart, and at my grocery store (Jewel). Check out walgreens too! It is out there promise!
    Kara in Chicago
    Figuring out this CG stuff... sort of!
    Big Chop on 10-14-09!! Donating hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Hope that someone likes my curly hair as much as I do!
    Mom to a curly-headed almost 2 year old!

Currently: No Poo, occasional Kathy Mack soap bars (LOVE them!), Deva products, L'Oreal Nutri Vive Pro Gloss, and honey.
    Stylers: Curl Keeper (only works in winter), Deva gel, HESMU, and KCCC. And some other stuff that I don't remember now!!

• msmd310msmd310 Posts: 4Registered Users
    I bought the wrong LVPNG, pink bottle but has amodimethicone, tried it once and disliked it. I'll have to pull my reading glasses out next time. :book:
    Hi Ladies,

For those of you looking for the L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner- there are two pink bottles that look identical. The difference is that one says L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Conditioner for Medium to Long Hair that's Damaged- this is the one that contains Amodimethicone.
    The other one is the L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Conditioner, For Medium To Long Hair That's Curly/Wavy- this is the one you need to get since it does not contain Amodimethicone.

I got this from AC70

HTH

beware- there are at least THREE pink LPVNG s
    my darling husband brought me home
    "for medium to long hair thats normal to fine"
    that also has amodimethicone

because I said "NOT for damaged hair"
  • lizzlebelizzlelizzlebelizzle Posts: 287Registered Users
    Crisis averted! I couldn't find it at Walgreen's or Target, and I was starting to freak out, but then I found a bunch of bottles at the grocery store (Cub Foods)! I bought two just in case.

It looks like the bottles had a new packaging, they're slightly more curved in at the top than the one I have now, but the ingredients look the same and it's still the one for curly/wavy hair. It's weird too because none of the other bottles for other hair types looked different.
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    I kind of freaked out at Target yesterday, because ALL the L'Oreal stuff, all the Vives, all the Studio Line, absolutely EVERYTHING was on clearance. The shelf was almost bare of anything L'Oreal.

It would make sense if they are changing the packaging and are awaiting the new style bottles.

Also, I wonder if they are resetting to make room for the new L'Oreal stuff, is it EverPure? I think that is supposed to be out everywhere in January.
  • DraakjeDraakje Posts: 161Registered Users
    I haven't really noticed anything about L'oreal?! No sales, no empty shelves? Ok, ok, I live at the end of the world (or so it sometimes seems anyway :angry7: ).... EverPure sounds promising, no?

Btw, I got the jar, but it smeels like pink Veet (you know, the chemical hair removal cream). It brings back BAD memories :thumbdown: I dare not to put that stuff on my head.
    2c? 3a? Mostly coarse, but LOVIN' the proteins and fighting overconditioning! My hair is just plain weird :glasses1:

LowPOO; Creme of Nature shampoo
    CO; L'Oreal Nutrigloss & AOGBP
    Other; nettle tea once a week instead of CO, JCRR, JCAS
    Stylers; KCCC, L'oreal studio line gel
    Don't like; PVP, non-vegetable glycerine

http://pscurly.blogspot.com/ <-- my very own, dutch, blog! Check it out :tongue3:
  • fskatergirlfskatergirl Posts: 244Registered Users Curl Novice
    Okay so I finally found the formula for curly/wavy hair and compared the ingredients to the conditioning treatment and...they are exactly the same! You do get more for your money in the curly/wavy bottle, but if you can't find it the treatment in the tube is the same.
  • melaniesusanmelaniesusan Posts: 948Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    With all these good reviews, I can't wait to try it! :)

I couldn't find it at either walgreens or cvs, but it turns out that drugstore.com carries it. I order from them all the time -they have great customer service. Looking at the ingredient list, I'm pretty sure it's the one without the cone. It's $4.99, plus there is currently a sale: buy one L'oreal product, get the 2nd for 1/2 off.

Here's the link, in case anyone is still looking for a place to buy it:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=172529&catid=73404
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
  • TillyMunchyWavesTillyMunchyWaves Posts: 671Registered Users
    Okay so I finally found the formula for curly/wavy hair and compared the ingredients to the conditioning treatment and...they are exactly the same! You do get more for your money in the curly/wavy bottle, but if you can't find it the treatment in the tube is the same.

I noticed that, too. I bought a regular bottle of the condish, and the small squeeze bottle, thinking that it would be more of a DT, but when I further scrutinized the ingredients, they are verbatim exactily the same! So you are just getting less!
    Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
    Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
    Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
    LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
    AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
    CK & ReCoil--Activator
    Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
    For inquiring minds who want to know:
    http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee
  • jessfjessf Posts: 34Registered Users
    I have been using this since going CG thanks to the reviews here and absolutely love it!! It leaves my hair so soft and no tangles at all. I went to Target yesterday and they were all gone!!!! :( They were on clearance too for like $2.79 with the 33% more. I was so bummed out. I did buy a bottle at my grocery store but it was $4 plus change. Bummer! I would have loved to stock up with the great bargain ones at Target!! I see the new formula alot with the cones at my CVS and Walmart.
    Jess
    Upstate NY
    CG since 12/06/08
    3A/2C
    CO wash/Cond: V05 Vanilla Mint tea, L'Oreal Vive Nutri Gloss
    Leave In;GioDLI
    Still trying: HE Set me up gel,Jessicurl RR and CCSS, WDT, Plopping, duckbill clips & Pixie method diffusing
    comic-p.jpg

I noticed that, too. I bought a regular bottle of the condish, and the small squeeze bottle, thinking that it would be more of a DT, but when I further scrutinized the ingredients, they are verbatim exactily the same! So you are just getting less!

Hmm...well that's cheap. But I did discover that you can water it down by up to half and it works just as well, so maybe that would be an option to help stretch the smaller bottle.
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• TillyMunchyWavesTillyMunchyWaves Posts: 671Registered Users
    Does anyone know if they are discontinuing this formula? How can we find out? I just keep seeing all these threads about the VPNG on CLEARANCE!?!?! No! I really love this as a cowash, it works SO great w/all my other stuff, and for once it does exactily what it says on the back!?!?!
    Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
    Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
    Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
    LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
    AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
    CK & ReCoil--Activator
    Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
    For inquiring minds who want to know:
    http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee
  • CurlayGirlayCurlayGirlay Posts: 240Registered Users
    I after reading this thread I instantly went out to look for LVPNG. I couldn't find it at Walgreens or Walmart but did find it at Ulta (for a higher price.)

Unfortunately, I found out that I am protein sensitive. It was not moisturizing enough for my super dry Arizona curls so I am now trying AOHR.

I am glad it worked for so many of you, though. :)
    CG since December 22, 2008!:thumbright:
    Thick/Coarse/Porous/3a/Protein Sensitive

Luvin the Spritz and Condish method! =)
  • curlicarlycurlicarly Posts: 242Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    *sigh* after avoiding this thread for a LONGG time, i finally ran out of conditioner. So, I had a good excuse to read it and run out to buy LVPNG! I can't wait to try it! Oh, and it was also on clearance at rite aid. (LOL us curlies are the only people who would worry about something being on clearance..)
    3b/c coarse, porous (I think), and THICK! Mod CG since: 10/11/08
    Avoiding humectants and protein!
    ...I found out that I am protein sensitive. It was not moisturizing enough for my super dry Arizona curls so I am now trying AOHR.

If you need something more moisturizing and protein free, you might also like EO conditioner in Rose and Chamomile. It's one of my winter staples when I need more moisture.
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
  • wystwyst Posts: 3Registered Users
    I'm new to the board, more of a lurker really, but I just had to post my results.

After reading this thread, I decided to find the LPVNG the next time I needed to restock my conditioners. They didn't have the wavy/naturally curly at CVS, but I did find some at Kroger. I'm a little worried though, the w/nc shampoo is on closeout. So far, the conditioner isn't, so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I don't know what I'd ever find that could replace this curly-hair miracle in a bottle!

This stuff detangles like a dream! My hair is soft, shiny, and yet the curls are so well-defined. I have boing-able curls! :blob3:

I haven't had boing-able curls since I was little! (My Mom gave up the fight one day and just cut it all off & kept it short for years. Even though I've grown it long since adulthood, it's never looked the same.)

Until Today! :iconbiggrin: Wow! I'm even pleased with the 2nd day hair.(...which never happens!)

The fragrance is a tad too floral for my tastes... somehow a cross between roses, bubble gum, & baby powder. But with results like these, I'm determined to get over it. :wink:

Thank you for starting this thread, BotticelliBabe. This is one product worth all the hooplah!
    ~~New to CG~~
    Not sure of hair-type...
    Pre-CG - Frizzy stringy loose s-curls
    CG- Forming some loops & coils - (recent) Halo o' frizz!
    Co-Wash - Suave (tangerine)
    Rinse-out - LVPNG :love10: or 50/50 Suave & Honey
    Leave-in - a little more Suave

Gel - 50/50 aloe & Suave 8 gel
    (Ok, I use a LOT of Suave!) :laughing9:
    Styling - Plopping & Pixie-Curling my way to Hair Happiness!
  • selfcurledgirlselfcurledgirl Posts: 518Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have been using this too but it isn't cg because theyuse dye, at the end, so not much but I believe dye is a no no. I bought a lot of it because it does leave the hair curly and shiny. Not sure if it is as good as [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-One-Condition-p-55.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-one-condition]deva one c[/buylink], but close. I don't like the smell as much. It is medicine like.
    Hair type, thin, 3b, past my shoulders always looking for length. Use jessicurl hair cleansing cream, devacurl one c, angel, set it free, Always see a deva trained stylist for cut and Aveda Institute for color.
  • Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    I have been using this too but it isn't cg because theyuse dye, at the end, so not much but I believe dye is a no no. I bought a lot of it because it does leave the hair curly and shiny. Not sure if it is as good as [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-One-Condition-p-55.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-one-condition]deva one c[/buylink], but close. I don't like the smell as much. It is medicine like.

Dye is fine for CG. This conditioner, so long as it's the type for wavy/curly hair, is totally CG.
  • meriellynmeriellyn Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    Is this discontinued? I got all excited because it sounds perfect for my mom (I just indulged my PJ with well over three of various conditioners so I don't need any more, really) and since she always gets me things, I thought hey, I'll surprise her with this (hey, I'm a broke college student so this is in my budget for an unplanned purchase... lol... plus she just hates to use expensive stuff). Well, I hit WalMart, CVS, and two Walgreens and found every other kind of freakin Vive Pro product in existence... but not the curly/wavy stuff. *sniffle*

Am I on a wild goose chase or do my drugstores just suck and I need to venture out of town?
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

http://public.fotki.com/thekittenavenger
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
  • Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    meriellyn wrote: »
    Is this discontinued? I got all excited because it sounds perfect for my mom (I just indulged my PJ with well over three of various conditioners so I don't need any more, really) and since she always gets me things, I thought hey, I'll surprise her with this (hey, I'm a broke college student so this is in my budget for an unplanned purchase... lol... plus she just hates to use expensive stuff). Well, I hit WalMart, CVS, and two Walgreens and found every other kind of freakin Vive Pro product in existence... but not the curly/wavy stuff. *sniffle*

Am I on a wild goose chase or do my drugstores just suck and I need to venture out of town?

It isn't discontinued but it can be a bit tricky and frustrating to find the right bottle, especially since a lot of stores have had them on sale lately
  • meriellynmeriellyn Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    Laura Lee wrote: »
    meriellyn wrote: »

It isn't discontinued but it can be a bit tricky and frustrating to find the right bottle, especially since a lot of stores have had them on sale lately

Maybe my town is just anti-curly. :( There weren't even spots for the curly kind on the shelves.
    Guess I'll hit the grocery stores next...
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

http://public.fotki.com/thekittenavenger
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
    Laura Lee wrote: »
    ...I hit WalMart, CVS, and two Walgreens and found every other kind of freakin Vive Pro product in existence... but not the curly/wavy stuff. *sniffle*

It's still available at drugstore.com for $5 for the first bottle and $2.50 for the second bottle, with free shipping on orders $49 +.
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    I couldn't find it at Target tonight...couldn't find ANY of the LVPs! So I'll check Walmart tomorrow...and I'll check the sales ads online for Walgreens...I'm still taking the bus home in the evenings and it's not real convenient for errands. The transfer is only good for 20-30 min, which would require that I get in and out (which isn't bad) but if I miss the next bus coming and have to wait for one more...then I have to pay the fare again.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• icequeenicequeen Posts: 590Registered Users
    I was at the store today and they had the dark pink bottle on clearance for curly/wavy hair but a lighter pink bottle also for curly/wavy hair was regular price. I didn't have time to ingredient check but grabbed all the dark pink clearance bottles. Anyone seen the lighter pink bottles? Is there any difference?
    3a Colored, Layered
    Currently loving:
    Cond: CJ Strengthing, Marie Dean, CJ Curl Rehab
    Leave -In: Marie Dean Red Clover, Coconut Lime Detangler and just about the entire line, CJ Rehab
    Gelly: UFDCM, Paul Brown Geletine Goo
    Towel - HG - Curls Like Us

Always use the "Icequeen" method for products
  • sweetsevensweetseven Posts: 409Registered Users
    I finally uploaded a pic which shows the ingredients of the l'oreal elvive nutri gloss masque (available in Europe).
    Could someone from the US compare the ingredients witht the American conditioner?
    I've been holding off buying this masque, since I'm not sure it will be as good as the conditioner you're all raving about.
    3B/3C
    medium/coarse and porous

wash: KC Come Clean, Flower Peddler Northern Lights soap bar
    conditioner: YTT, YTC, KCKT, Shescentit GT&H, Shescentit Avocado, DB Pumpkin Seed, Garnier Ultra Doux, Mop Top daily conditioner
    styler: KCCC, HEBE, homemade fsg, DM MCCG, AOMM
    dt: banana and avocado mask, nexxus emergencee, Shescentit TT&GH, ayurvedic powders, SS RPT
    butters: Jane Carter N&S, Afroveda Curly Custard, Afroveda Cocolatte, Shescentit Gillian, Shescentit Seyani
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    sweetseven wrote: »
    I finally uploaded a pic which shows the ingredients of the l'oreal elvive nutri gloss masque (available in Europe).
    Could someone from the US compare the ingredients witht the American conditioner?
    I've been holding off buying this masque, since I'm not sure it will be as good as the conditioner you're all raving about.

I checked your list against my bottle and the only difference I found was the very last number F.I.L #D11203/2. I don't know what that number is so can't help you there. Otherwise the ingredients are exactly the same BUT in a very different order. Don't know if that helps you much though.
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file