L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner - I might be in love!

Comments

• BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    coxplus2 wrote: »
    Hey BB, I was just wondering if you ever received a response from your letter to L'Oreal??

I've been using this condish for a while now (even before you started the post), and I get dream curls with this stuff, especially when I use it with my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink].

I'm hoping they don't reformulate, and I'm really hoping your letter convinces them.

Keep us updated!!

*sigh* No, I haven't heard anything yet. Being such a huge company, I seriously doubt that they would write me back, and if they do I'll be flabbergasted. All I can do is keep watching the labels and hoping they listen! So far, so good - in my area, at least. Of course, the more curlies that write in, the more likely they will take our advice... :mrgreen:

If you want to write them but don't know what to say, feel free to use or change parts of my letter to them! I just want a couple hundred emails to flood in about it, and hopefully that should make them sit up and take notice.
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,079Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Ok I will update for my area.

Here in Maine, I have yet to see this reformulated. There is however a "new" nutri gloss with silicone and the bottle is pink BUT it isn't the same pink and its for fine hair I believe.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I sent an email 2 weeks ago and got a reply with the week. They said they were happy that I enjoy their products and to continue providing feedback on their products to make them better.

It was real short but I'm glad I got a response.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • BrewCrewGrlBrewCrewGrl Posts: 442Registered Users
    I still have the unreformulated (is this a word??) version in my area. Although at my Shopko store the condish was $1.99! The poo was normal price, I thought that was a little strange. But I bought two more to be on the safe side. I think that brings me up to 4 bottles in the closet and one in the shower. I am outta control! But I love it, my hair is finally doing ok with the cold winter weather since finding this condish.
    http://public.fotki.com/BrewCrewGrl/

The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth can ever be- Konrad Lorenz
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I bought some today at my Wal-Mart with no cones and can't wait to try it. Sure beats the price of my other conditioners...
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• aneffigyaneffigy Posts: 93Registered Users
    So funny how hair varies. I tried this again for the first time in a month or so and it did nothing for me. Hair is feeling a little oily and overconditioned today. Protein in it has made my ends feel not so good. I did get some decent clumps, though.

I'm glad you guys all found something you love, though!
    3A
    Modified CG since 11/14/08!
    Low poo: Trader Joe's Tea Tree
    Co-wash: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea
    Rinse out: Tigi MM, Tigi O&H, Tresemme Naturals Volumizing
    DT: Jessicurl WDT
    Leave-in: Giovanni DLI, Komaza CLI
    Styling: Komaza Coconut Pudding, HE BE gel, KBB Cream to SOTC
  • ResRes Posts: 2,911Registered Users
    I picked this up today and I can't wait to use it tomorrow. :D
    3A/B - low-normal porosity - med to coarse texture

Shampoo - GTTTT
    Co-Wash - As I Am Coconut Cowash
    RO - GVP Cond. Balm, Tresemme Naturals, Yes to Carrots Nourishing, AO Honeysuckle Rose
    LI - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cream Headdress
    DT - Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholestrol, SM Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment
    Stylers - BRHG (old formula is my HG, but the new one has silicones)

Trying out - MGA Sculpting Gel, LA Sports Gel, Got2b Spiked Gel, Got2b Glued
  • shellynotshellynot Posts: 1,140Registered Users
    I use (and love!) the Hydra Gloss version of the conditioner, which is thicker and has the a-cone in it. Its good too! I used the Nutri Gloss in the spring, and I found the smell really strong and chemically so I threw it out! But i really like the Hydra Gloss :)
    2c/3a
    curl blog
    curl album

"Your head is like a crown on you.
    It is as beautiful as Mount Carmel.
    Your hair is as smooth as purple silk.
    I am captured by your flowing curls."
    Song of Solomon 7:5 (NIRV)

• curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    I picked this up and used it tonight. I was a little weary about the protein, even though it's way close to the end of the ingredients. I had no problems at all! My hair was so soft! I'll use it again tomorrow with stylers and see how that goes, but I'm loving it so far! Thanks BB!

ETA: Just read through this and thought I would mention that my Target had all three versions: two with the a-cone (or one that had a peg-cone, can't remember. my sis has it upstairs so I'll double-check later), and the one without 'cones. There wasn't anything about them disappearing and I don't even think they were on sale.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • melaniesusanmelaniesusan Posts: 948Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    DEL2C wrote: »
    If I could JUST find the perfect product that made my waves look "DAMP" I would be in culry heaven....
    sigh..............

Del2C: If you're looking for "damp waves" try Komaza coconut hair milk. I've been experimenting with Komaza products, after reading FrizzBGone's rave review of the Komaza pudding. The milk makes my hair very shiny and moisturized. The top three ingredients are a palm oil derivative, coconut milk, and coconut oil. I'm giving up on it because I prefer curls to waves, and my curls collapse into waves when I use this...but boy are they gorgeous waves...

It's very moisturizing - you don't need a leave-in with it, but might like a light gel on top for hold.

Komaza customer care is great - you can order $5 samples of their products and pay just $5 S&H (in the US). Just give them a call...
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
  • AC70AC70 Posts: 11Registered Users
    Hi Ladies,

For those of you looking for the L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner- there are two pink bottles that look identical. The difference is that one says L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Conditioner for Medium to Long Hair that's Damaged- this is the one that contains Amodimethicone.
    The other one is the L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Conditioner, For Medium To Long Hair That's Curly/Wavy- this is the one you need to get since it does not contain Amodimethicone.

Hope this helps.
    AC70
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    DEL2C wrote: »
    If I could JUST find the perfect product that made my waves look "DAMP" I would be in culry heaven....
    sigh..............

Del2C: If you're looking for "damp waves" try Komaza coconut hair milk. I've been experimenting with Komaza products, after reading FrizzBGone's rave review of the Komaza pudding. The milk makes my hair very shiny and moisturized. The top three ingredients are a palm oil derivative, coconut milk, and coconut oil. I'm giving up on it because I prefer curls to waves, and my curls collapse into waves when I use this...but boy are they gorgeous waves...

It's very moisturizing - you don't need a leave-in with it, but might like a light gel on top for hold.

Komaza customer care is great - you can order $5 samples of their products and pay just $5 S&H (in the US). Just give them a call...
    Thanks for clarifying that AC70!! Still loving this condish...

melaniesusan-I'm going to PM you so as not to go TOTALLY off topic here. I will say this though, if the coconut pudding turns your curls into waves then wouldn't it make my hair LESS wavy??? I'm not sure that it would help to enhance my waves???
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • TillyMunchyWavesTillyMunchyWaves Posts: 671Registered Users
    Well I've been trying this condish out for 2 weeks now, and I think that I can only use it as a cowash. I really, really like it for that, it makes my hair clean and detangled, and moisturized-for a cowash.

But as my actual rinse out conditiner, it doesn't do the trick. I need something thicker/more moisturizing. I get too much frizz and less curl when I use this as my conditioner.

But I will def. keep it as a cowash...I've been using it once a week in place of V05 just to mix it up and it's been good...
    Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
    Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
    Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
    LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
    AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
    CK & ReCoil--Activator
    Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
    For inquiring minds who want to know:
    http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ok, so being the stubborn PJ that I am, I decided to give the LVNG another try. I posted my results a while back in this thread about my experience: great detangling, but soft poofy hair.
    Well, after reading through the rest of this thread, everyone's great results made me want to try it again. I did an overnight DT with JCWDT, this morning I washed my hair, then applied a blob of the LVNG. I have to say, this stuff is AWESOME at getting out my tangles:toothy8: (my hair is horribly tangle prone). Up until now, [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] is the only product that works to get my tangles out and even then I have to work it in for several minutes before I can get my comb through. The LVPNG works even better and faster for me. Anyway, I rinsed it out very, very well since my hair can be weird about oils. Followed up with a very diluted ACV rinse, rinsed that out then styled with HE mousse and HESMU gel and air dried.
    My hair looks great! Feels soft but not too soft that it's poofy, shiny and very curly. :blob8: The fact that I'm not overly soft and poofy is great considering I did an overnight DT which that itself usually leaves my curls overly soft the next day. I think using the SMU for extra hold also helped.
    I sure hope it continues to work, because I'm really loving the results I got today.
    I don't know how it will work if I use it several days in a row but I might be able to rotate it in several times a week in place of the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] to save myself some $$.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am in love with this condtioner!!! First thing since I started CG that gets my tangles out without any pain. I think I'm getting a little over-conditioned so I'm going to try a different co-wash because I can't give this up. I'm worried that I'm getting too much protien though. Any advice on how to fix a protien build-up?
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    bumping for finch
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • fskatergirlfskatergirl Posts: 244Registered Users Curl Novice
    So I've been having serious issues finding Suave Naturals here for the past little while and have just been using whatever happens to be around my apartment (lots of cones I'm sure...I'm afraid to look). Anyways, point is my hair has been absolutely horrendous looking for maybe three weeks now and I am in serious need of a quality conditioner that I can find easily. So, I've been keeping my eye out for this one but once again, I can't seem to find this one for curly hair! After visiting two stores without this formulation, I spotted the treatment one in the tube...I think it's CG (at this point I don't even care because my hair is dying from bath and body works conditioner) and picked it up. Went home, washed my hair immediately (I'm sure you can all relate to being so desperate)...and there's a little bit of drying to go but I can tell this is going to be fantastic. My hair is curling much better, it's super soft and there are no tangles (which has been a BIG issue for me lately). Thanks to BB and everyone who made this thread big enough to get it on my radar!
  • ~GypsyCurls~~GypsyCurls~ Posts: 351Registered Users
    Wow, I really want to try this! On my next trip to the store, I'll pick it up. I've overlooked Vive for awhile since I just assumed it had 'cones in it...
    2c/3a/3b curls, tailbone length, fairy tale ends
    Cleansers: V05 Co
    Conditioners: KMS Everyday, Dove Dry Oil Care

DT/Treats:Aphogee Protein Treat/Hemp/Argan Oil
    Leave-ins/Stylers: All HE Condish, Generic PM The Conditioner

• karamelsutra.73karamelsutra.73 Posts: 24Registered Users
    Ok, I am new here and to the whole CG routine. But this thread made me want to go CG! I was reading it, and knew that if I wanted to give CG a try I could try it out with this conditioner and not spend a fortune (as I always do) trying out just one more thing on my hair. I am totally a PJ.

So, I washed with a good shampoo to get all the gunk out (I did the Neutrogena shampoo, and I had to wash THREE times to feel like I got all the crap out of my hair!) Then I did the Nutri Gloss conditioner- in the right formulation!- and I even put a drop of honey in there... I am desperate for quick help!

I too am in LOVE!! I haven't had the rat's nest at the nape of my neck. It is softer than ever. SO COOL.

I just have some questions... if you do a cowash, do you put your regular conditioner on afterwards? Or is the regular co for after you do a "shampoo"? I am so confused.

But, I DO love this conditioner!!!:blob7::blob7:
    Kara in Chicago
    Figuring out this CG stuff... sort of!
    Big Chop on 10-14-09!! Donating hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Hope that someone likes my curly hair as much as I do!
    Mom to a curly-headed almost 2 year old!

Currently: No Poo, occasional Kathy Mack soap bars (LOVE them!), Deva products, L'Oreal Nutri Vive Pro Gloss, and honey.
    Stylers: Curl Keeper (only works in winter), Deva gel, HESMU, and KCCC. And some other stuff that I don't remember now!!

• Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    Ok, I am new here and to the whole CG routine. But this thread made me want to go CG! I was reading it, and knew that if I wanted to give CG a try I could try it out with this conditioner and not spend a fortune (as I always do) trying out just one more thing on my hair. I am totally a PJ.

So, I washed with a good shampoo to get all the gunk out (I did the Neutrogena shampoo, and I had to wash THREE times to feel like I got all the crap out of my hair!) Then I did the Nutri Gloss conditioner- in the right formulation!- and I even put a drop of honey in there... I am desperate for quick help!

I too am in LOVE!! I haven't had the rat's nest at the nape of my neck. It is softer than ever. SO COOL.

I just have some questions... if you do a cowash, do you put your regular conditioner on afterwards? Or is the regular co for after you do a "shampoo"? I am so confused.

But, I DO love this conditioner!!!:blob7::blob7:

LVPNG is what we call a rinse out conditioner. It gets used after your co-wash, which is a necessary step in a CG routine. Read this blog post of mine, it's long but it should give you some info that you'll need to go CG

http://dormroomcurly.blogspot.com/2008/12/style-definitions-table.html
    http://www.dormroomcurly.blogspot.com

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!
    Laura Lee- Your pictures were one of the reasons I decided to try this whole CG routine! The pictures are so striking the difference! And I wanted that too!!!!!

I am still reading your blog, but I just wanted to say

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I am learning so much!!
    Kara in Chicago
    Big Chop on 10-14-09!! Donating hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Hope that someone likes my curly hair as much as I do!

Currently: No Poo, occasional Kathy Mack soap bars (LOVE them!), Deva products, L'Oreal Nutri Vive Pro Gloss, and honey.
    Stylers: Curl Keeper (only works in winter), Deva gel, HESMU, and KCCC. And some other stuff that I don't remember now!!

• Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    Laura Lee- Your pictures were one of the reasons I decided to try this whole CG routine! The pictures are so striking the difference! And I wanted that too!!!!!

I am still reading your blog, but I just wanted to say

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I am learning so much!!

I'm so happy to help :blob7:
    http://www.dormroomcurly.blogspot.com

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!
    So now I need another conditioner? I have just used the Loreal one and didn't follow up with another one... I am so confused. And what the heck do I do with the ACV I bought! :) Off to do some more research!
    Kara in Chicago

• mary99mary99 Posts: 52Registered Users
    So now I need another conditioner? I have just used the Loreal one and didn't follow up with another one... I am so confused. And what the heck do I do with the ACV I bought! :) Off to do some more research!

I'm new to this but I did read the Curly Girl book recently. I don't think she ever suggested we need to use multiple conditioners. I understood her advice to be this-- wash your scalp with fingers and condish, rinse thoroughly, then re-apply a little condish to leave in, if needed. I'm not sure why so many people here use one for co-wash, another for rinse out (and why that's needed after a co-wash I'm not sure) and another for leave-in. I guess that'd be maximum conditioning, maybe?
  • CurliciousgirlieCurliciousgirlie Posts: 113Registered Users
    I'm new to this but I did read the Curly Girl book recently. I don't think she ever suggested we need to use multiple conditioners. I understood her advice to be this-- wash your scalp with fingers and condish, rinse thoroughly, then re-apply a little condish to leave in, if needed. I'm not sure why so many people here use one for co-wash, another for rinse out (and why that's needed after a co-wash I'm not sure) and another for leave-in. I guess that'd be maximum conditioning, maybe?
    Hi and welcome. I'm new to CG also (1 week on Sunday) and I noticed that when I use the same conditioner my hair looks dull. Some of us need a thinner conditioner(Suave coconut) for co wash and a thicker one(L'oreal nutri gloss) for a rinse out. I tried using both conditioners as leave-ins and neither worked so I use the Giovanni leave-in. This is what works for me. Everyone's hair is different. Everything we try here is trial and error until we find a routine that works.

Good Luck
    Thanks in advance
    Curliciousgirlie

CG since 12/21/2008
    3B medium thick, medium coarse

:thumright: HG Routine :thumbup:
    Co-wash
    - Suave Coconut
    Rinse Out Conditioner/Leave-In- GVP Conditioning Balm
    Gel- Organic Root Stimulator Lock n' Twist Gel
    Moisturizer/Pomade- JC N&S to scrunch out the crunch
    Weekly DT- Jessicurl Weekly Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Monthly DT- Coconut cream relaxer(deep conditioner)

Hi and welcome. I'm new to CG also (1 week on Sunday) and I noticed that when I use the same conditioner my hair looks dull. Some of us need a thinner conditioner(Suave coconut) for co wash and a thicker one(L'oreal nutri gloss) for a rinse out. I tried using both conditioners as leave-ins and neither worked so I use the Giovanni leave-in. This is what works for me. Everyone's hair is different. Everything we try here is trial and error until we find a routine that works.

Good Luck
    Thanks in advance
    Curliciousgirlie

CG since 12/21/2008

Co-wash
    - Suave Coconut

Sorry for the double post.
    Thanks in advance
    Curliciousgirlie

CG since 12/21/2008

Co-wash
    - Suave Coconut

• mpgirlmpgirl Posts: 1,163Registered Users
    Everyone's hair is different. I use a different conditioner for cowashing because I use so much of it. I use a cheap conditioner like VO5. I use LVPN to condition my hair.

My hair doesn't need a lot of extra moisture right now. When I cowash I don't use another conditioner in my hair. In between cowashes, I use a heavier conditioner to detangle and condition my hair.

Hope that makes it clear as mud?
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

• mary99mary99 Posts: 52Registered Users
    Thanks. I actually use several conditioners myself, too, for reasons like those mentioned above (the Suave really doesn't feel all that rich to me but light feels healthy for my scalp) and because I now HAVE so many! :toothy9:

I bought the wrong LVPNG, pink bottle but has amodimethicone, tried it once and disliked it. I'll have to pull my reading glasses out next time. :book:
    I bought the wrong LVPNG, pink bottle but has amodimethicone, tried it once and disliked it. I'll have to pull my reading glasses out next time. :book:
    Hi Ladies,

For those of you looking for the L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner- there are two pink bottles that look identical. The difference is that one says L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Conditioner for Medium to Long Hair that's Damaged- this is the one that contains Amodimethicone.
    The other one is the L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Conditioner, For Medium To Long Hair That's Curly/Wavy- this is the one you need to get since it does not contain Amodimethicone.

I got this from AC70

HTH

Thanks in advance
    Curliciousgirlie

CG since 12/21/2008

Co-wash
    - Suave Coconut

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file