L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner - I might be in love!

Comments

• FeralcurlsFeralcurls Posts: 408Registered Users
    The website says that the condish has the a-cone in it. So perhaps you had better be stocking up......

The conditioning treatment doesn't have the a-cone. It is in a tube.
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Maybe we all need to write L'oreal and tell them not to change the formula. How else will they know unless someone tells them? Maybe I can find a contact email and just send them a link to this thread. I truly believe they have a one-of-a-kind product when it comes to drugstore stuff, and the availability and price is incomparable!

There must be some way for us to tell them they are making a huge mistake by changing the formula. A petition, perhaps?
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
    Ok, I did it. I put together a big, begging email with links to this thread and the CG sticky in the going shampoo-less forum. I want them to see why we are all so in love with this stuff, and who they would be dissappointing if they changed it. Now I just hope somebody who can make a difference reads both that email, and this thread! :blob:
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• CaliforniaWavyCaliforniaWavy Posts: 158Registered Users
    I was at my local Ulta today and they had this conditioner (without the a-cone!) for Buy 1, get 1 50% off. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow!
    Mod CG since 9/08
    2b/2c Thick Hair
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/CaliforniaWavy/

pw: wavy

Currently using:
    Wash/Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut, Giovanni TTT, Elucence MB
    Conditioner: Kenra Moisturizing, Generic Biolage Balm
    Deep Treatment: Jessicurl WDT or GVP mixed with olive oil
    Styling faves: Giovanni DLI, KBB products, Boots, MOP Curl Cream, KCCC, HEBE
    Current Color: Salon highlights

• PhireflyPhirefly Posts: 72Registered Users
    My local Jewel grocery store also had the whole L'oreal line including the no-cone curly version for BOGO, I got the last four! :D

Thanks, BB! I'm loving it!

I'll definitely be watching for the re-stock to see if the new stuff has 'cones.
    Getting back into CG after several years of chemically straightening and pixie cuts
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Well, unfortunately, as well as this stuff detangles, I'm going to have put this one away for now. With our dewpoint being in the 20's lately, my hair is not happy with the glycerin right now. :sad1:
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • P-NUTCurlzP-NUTCurlz Posts: 24Registered Users
    msgiblet wrote: »
    Well, unfortunately, as well as this stuff detangles, I'm going to have put this one away for now. With our dewpoint being in the 20's lately, my hair is not happy with the glycerin right now. :sad1:

I am so new at this and your comment about dew point and glycerin caught my eye. I was thinking my hair had a problem with glycerin but this could be the dew point? I know this is off topic, but could you or anyone explain this? Maybe I can use glycerin but on certain days...that would be great. Thank you..
    P-Nut :read2:Still researching
    3(ABC)??? very coarse, protein & glycerin sensitve,
    CO Wash: Suave Coconut, VO5 MM
    CO: AOHR, KCKT,
    Style: KCCC, BRHG, Love this combo!-AOMM
    Experimenting with ACV (so far so good), honey!!! (love it), Waiting to try:Phyto, KBB,RC...My hair hates CK...unless I am using it wrong... :confused1:
    http://public.fotki.com/P-Nutcurlz/hair/pw:walnut
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    P-NUTCurlz wrote: »
    msgiblet wrote: »

I am so new at this and your comment about dew point and glycerin caught my eye. I was thinking my hair had a problem with glycerin but this could be the dew point? I know this is off topic, but could you or anyone explain this? Maybe I can use glycerin but on certain days...that would be great. Thank you..

Hopefully, this thread will help explain more about dewpoint: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=43942&highlight=Humidity
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I bought this a few months ago but never tried it until today. It has a similar formula to my beloved Redken All Soft and Earth Science Olive and Avocado conditioners. Those have have more oils. It did a good job (soft and shiny) so I'll keep this as a cheaper alternative.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • TillyMunchyWavesTillyMunchyWaves Posts: 671Registered Users
    All right, despite being perfectly happy with my V05, I was at the grocery store this week and this stuff is only $1.67 a bottle. So I picked one up.

My question--can you all tell me how you're using this? As a cowash or condish? I cowash with V05 normally, and then condition with either something thick and oil-butter based homeade type thing, or with AOHR.

The 2nd ingredient is Behentrimonium Chloride, which is a light detergent/surfactant, so I was going to try it as a cowash, or maybe a 1 step cowash-condish which I do sometimes.

Anyway, I didn't want to start another thread, but if some of you can let me know where you're using this in your routine I would greatly appreciate!
    Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
    Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
    Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
    LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
    AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
    CK & ReCoil--Activator
    Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
    For inquiring minds who want to know:
    http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee
    Well, since I don't cowash anymore, I use this as my one and only conditioner after my shampoo bar. I found that it's so thick and potent that you can dilute it (2:1 ratio with water and you can't even tell the difference), and that way you can really stretch your conditioner dollar!

Anyway, I shampoo with my SoF Acai Pomegranate bar, rinse that well, then smooth in plenty of LVPNG, brush it through with my Denman and then wrap and clip it out of the way while I shave my legs, etc. Then I rinse it out to about 95% or so - just the tiniest little bit left behind is all. Then I apply my FSG all over, scrunch to remove excess, and then plop until as close to completely dry as possible.

BTW, when I went to my local Walmart this weekend, they had even more of the bonus bottles (33% more free) of the cone free nutri gloss than they had the last time I looked, so I picked up a couple more. I currently have four on hand, and one in my shower. I think I might be certifiable! :goofy: :toothy10:
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• CurlykeyCurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users Curl Novice
    Well, since I don't cowash anymore, I use this as my one and only conditioner after my shampoo bar. I found that it's so thick and potent that you can dilute it (2:1 ratio with water and you can't even tell the difference), and that way you can really stretch your conditioner dollar!

Anyway, I shampoo with my SoF Acai Pomegranate bar, rinse that well, then smooth in plenty of LVPNG, brush it through with my Denman and then wrap and clip it out of the way while I shave my legs, etc. Then I rinse it out to about 95% or so - just the tiniest little bit left behind is all. Then I apply my FSG all over, scrunch to remove excess, and then plop until as close to completely dry as possible.

BTW, when I went to my local Walmart this weekend, they had even more of the bonus bottles (33% more free) of the cone free nutri gloss than they had the last time I looked, so I picked up a couple more. I currently have four on hand, and one in my shower. I think I might be certifiable! :goofy: :toothy10:

Bottecellibabe, I want to thank you for starting this thread and discovering this condish...I LOVE IT!!! I have been trying others out, but none compare to this. Thanks, thanks, thanks!! BTW is that a south of France soap bar? I just purchased one, the mango..hope I like it. I also have everything ready to make some flax gel....been keeping up with your other thread..
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yes, BB, many thanks! I plan to write L'Oreal an email asking them not to change a thing. I resist drugstore finds because formulas and lines change so often.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
    Curlykey wrote: »

Bottecellibabe, I want to thank you for starting this thread and discovering this condish...I LOVE IT!!! I have been trying others out, but none compare to this. Thanks, thanks, thanks!! BTW is that a south of France soap bar? I just purchased one, the mango..hope I like it. I also have everything ready to make some flax gel....been keeping up with your other thread..

Not a problem at all!! I'm just so glad that so many people have loved it as much as I do!

And yes, that is a South of France bar. I saw the mango one as well when I bought mine, but I was in a hurry and chose the Acai Pomegranate one because it smelled like a giant Pez. *lol* But so far, it's been working great! It rinses so nicely that I haven't even done a vinegar rinse in weeks. Hmm - I should probably do one tonight just because it's been so long, now that I'm thinking about it.

*lol* I wonder if any of use have routine stalkers? :idea1:
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Yes, BB, many thanks! I plan to write L'Oreal an email asking them not to change a thing. I resist drugstore finds because formulas and lines change so often.

Me too!! It always seems to happen that I find something I love, and then the next time I go to buy it, it's either discontinued, changed, or the store I got it at doesn't carry it anymore. :sad11:

In case anybody wants to write something and they don't really know what to say besides please don't change nutri gloss, here's the letter I wrote - maybe it will help. :toothy10:

Dear formulators of Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Conditioner,

I'm writing in the hopes of this reaching the desk of someone with the power to stop a travesty from happening. It may not seem like a travesty to you, but I'm speaking on behalf of curly-haired people everywhere who refuse to use conditioners with silicones in them, or those following the Curly Girl routine (for clarification on what CG is, read the first post of this thread: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=14702).

The last four times I've purchased Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner for medium to long hair that's wavy or curly, it has been wonderful - it detangles like nothing I've ever used in my life, and that includes conditioners and products loaded with silicones. I love this product, and have told MANY others about how divine I think it is. Here's a thread from www.naturallycurly.com that I started - at the time of my writing this to you, it has had over 180 posts (many of them praising the product, and thanking me for telling them about it!), and over 6000 views. http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=58875

If you read the entire thread, you can see that there is much concern over the fact that the formula seems to be changing...to include amodimethicone. I beg you - please don't ruin a perfectly wonderful product for the sake of...well, I'm not sure why you would want to change such a perfect product at all, really. Many people with curly hair avoid silicones of any kind like the plague, and if you include it in this conditioner, I (as well as hundreds of other curlies I know) will be forced to go in search of yet another conditioner that works, although I know none would ever work as well as this one does for me. It's really saying something that I purchased a second bottle, much less half a dozen, because I rarely find a hair product that I love so much that I'm willing to keep buying the same thing over and over again. Up until now, I've always been looking for the next "best thing", but I think I finally found it...and now it seems you're going to change it. Instead, you should leave the formula unchanged, and proudly display on the bottle that it is silicone free!

Please, consider the hundreds of thousands of curlies all over who have sworn off sulfates and silicones in their haircare routine, and as such have fallen in love with Nutri Gloss the way it is. Please don't take away the perfect product it took so many of us so long to find. There are so few good, affordable conditioners on the market these days that it would be an absolute shame for you to "fix" what truly isn't broken.

Thank you so much for your time and consideration,

BotticelliBabe at NC.com
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• iv3lliss3iv3lliss3 Posts: 75Registered Users
    wow, this is an amazing post!! so, it the final verdict that pro nutri gloss is CG? lol
    "People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within."

--Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
    iv3lliss3 wrote: »
    wow, this is an amazing post!! so, it the final verdict that pro nutri gloss is CG? lol

As long as you get the formula that says it's for medium to long hair that's curly or wavy, then yes - it's CG. If in doubt, check the label for amodimethicone (it would be near the top if it has it) and if it does, that's the new formula, and not the one you want.

I'm in east central MN and haven't even seen the new formula in stores yet, so I can't tell you what the label says. I just hope they don't change it around here! :toothy3:
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• TillyMunchyWavesTillyMunchyWaves Posts: 671Registered Users
    Are we positive that they are changing the formula? The bottle I have is the pink one for medium/long wavy/curly hair, and it is 100% CG. Maybe they are changing the formula for other kinds. I know the shampoo is loaded with cones, I think dimethicone is the 2nd or 3rd ingredient. Too bad.

BTW, I tried the NG last night as a cowash, followed by homeade coconut milk-honey condish, and it worked very well!! I am not giving up my V05 yet, especially since it's CG and usually less than a dollar, but I do rotate cowashes with Alba, and I might add this into the mix, especially since it's CG I won't get too much buildup. (Alba has a cone in it, and CurlJunkie has amo-cone.)

Thanks BB! It would be a total shame if they changed the formula on this, since it's easily accessible and is really thick and detangling for not having a 'cone in it.

Let us know if you ever get a response from Loreal. Hey, they could even advertise that that condish is "CG" or some sort.
    Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
    Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
    Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
    LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
    AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
    CK & ReCoil--Activator
    Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
    For inquiring minds who want to know:
    http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users Curl Novice

Not a problem at all!! I'm just so glad that so many people have loved it as much as I do!

And yes, that is a South of France bar. I saw the mango one as well when I bought mine, but I was in a hurry and chose the Acai Pomegranate one because it smelled like a giant Pez. *lol* But so far, it's been working great! It rinses so nicely that I haven't even done a vinegar rinse in weeks. Hmm - I should probably do one tonight just because it's been so long, now that I'm thinking about it.

*lol* I wonder if any of use have routine stalkers?

*Ahem* About the stalker thing...um...didn't mean to sound weird..lol...but these two threads have been real informative.... :idea1: Thank you for sharing your discoveries and for keeping us informed! :toothy10:
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • Kelly512Kelly512 Posts: 23Registered Users
    BotticelliBabe -- You can now count me in as a convert to this condish! I got it last week and I loooooooooove it! :D
    2B on top/3A on bottom w/ a little 3B mixed in.... Medium w/ med porosity

Cleanse: V05 or Suave Clarifying Condish

Moisturize: AOHR, GVP Balm, TooShea, Kenra

Stylers: CJ CCCC & Smoothing Gellie, BRHG

Other: ACV rinse when needed, Jessicurl WDT weekly

Just discovered Curl Junkie products! :love1:
    *Ahem* About the stalker thing...um...didn't mean to sound weird..lol...but these two threads have been real informative.... :idea1: Thank you for sharing your discoveries and for keeping us informed! :toothy10:

*lol* Don't worry - I'm not offended if you stalk me. In fact, I'm flattered! Just think - Halloween 2007 my hair was stringy and cone laden, barely a wave in sight. Today, I'm sporting 5th day hair that I would PROUDLY wear outside the house (now if only I had someplace to go *lol*). If it weren't for this place and all of the sweet and kind curlies who took me under their wing from time to time, held my hand and walked me through, and answered all of my questions along the way, I'd probably still be slathering on the serums and all kinds of other junk, wishing my hair would look like I wanted and totally oblivious to the fact that my dream curls were in hiding and dying to get out.

Sorry to ramble, but if anyone had told me a year ago that I could have the hair I always wanted without using six cone laden products in adition to the sulfate shampoo and cone laden conditioner, I would have laughed in their face. I now need only three things, and my hair turns out perfect (well, perfect for me!) every time. Unheard of!

Initial purchase price for my HG hair: $3.35 for the SoF bar, $3.47 for LVPNG, $2.50 for a pound of organic flax seeds, and $1.35 for a pound of epsom salts.

Actual price for my HG hair? PRICELESS. :laughing1:
    Kelly512 wrote: »
    BotticelliBabe -- You can now count me in as a convert to this condish! I got it last week and I loooooooooove it! :D

Yay!! Isn't it great?? I have four bottles on hand plus one in my shower, just in case the formula does change. I hope L'oreal listens when we speak! They'd be fools not to!!
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    Hey BB! Where do you buy your SoF bars? These are something I had never heard of until the other day, when someone at work was telling me this was the only soap she ever uses, she said it has does wonders for her skin. Now I am guessing it must make a pretty darn good 'poo bar too!
    jlpmom23 wrote: »
    Hey BB! Where do you buy your SoF bars? These are something I had never heard of until the other day, when someone at work was telling me this was the only soap she ever uses, she said it has does wonders for her skin. Now I am guessing it must make a pretty darn good 'poo bar too!

It does - I love it! I keep forgetting to do a vinegar rinse (it's been probably three weeks now), because it rinses so nice and clean and doesn't leave any buildup behind. I get them at my teeny tiny local heath food store, but you can get them online if you can't find them locally. http://www.goodhealthnaturalfoods.com/shop-sof-bar-soaps.html
    They are an amazing value, too - they are triple-milled which makes the bar cure very hard, so it lasts a long time, plus they are 8.8 oz. They're huge!! I've been using mine every time I wash my hair for the last three weeks to a month, and I barely have the stamping on the bar rubbed away! *lol*

Oh - and I wanted to let you all know that I strayed tonight to try another Vive Pro conditioner, and I was sorely disappointed. I tried the glossy volume formula for normal hair, and right away I knew it wasn't going to be as good as the NG. It's not nearly as thick and rich, and doesn't detangle half as well, IMO. The smell is nice, and may be its only saving grace - it's more fruity with notes of apples and pears, whereas I smell a light but distinct floral in NG. I will update tomorrow after my hair has dried, but I don't hold out much hope for it. I'll probably return it and get even more of my beloved NG next weekend.
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Ok, verdict time on the glossy volume.

Meh.

Like I said, it isn't as thick and rich and doesn't detangle as well. Today my hair was still very bouncy, uber soft, and nicely curled, but there was a breeze today, and while running errands it got flyaways really quickly and developed quite a bit of surface frizz. It might be okay in the summer months when I don't need as much moisture, but I seriously doubt I'll buy it again, and I'm going to exchange the one I bought for nutri gloss next weekend.

So there you go - NG is definately a big part of my HG routine!
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• sransomxdazzlessransomxdazzles Posts: 22Registered Users
    Ok so I want to get this Loreal Nutri gloss, but Im not sure about the protein, if this is the only conditioner I use would it build up?
    Ok so I want to get this Loreal Nutri gloss, but Im not sure about the protein, if this is the only conditioner I use would it build up?

It's been almost the only condish I've used since I started posting about it, and so far it hasn't built up on me. I guess as with everything, it all depends on the individual's hair though. All you can do it try it and see!
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte

If you're an every day washer I wouldn't use this every day. It's always a good idea to rotate products to avoid over-doing it.

BTW-This condish is VERY VERY NICE I had some really nice clumps with this!!!! If I could just find a way to FREEZE those clumps and have it dry that way!!:sad3:But that's another story.....Overall a very nice conditioner.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • sransomxdazzlessransomxdazzles Posts: 22Registered Users
    I only condition about twice a week so it shouldn't build up hopefully, Im gonna give it a try.
  • coxplus2coxplus2 Posts: 181Registered Users
    Hey BB, I was just wondering if you ever received a response from your letter to L'Oreal??

I've been using this condish for a while now (even before you started the post), and I get dream curls with this stuff, especially when I use it with my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink].

I'm hoping they don't reformulate, and I'm really hoping your letter convinces them.

Keep us updated!!
    Somewhere between a 2c & 3a
    Liking:
    -Suave Naturals or VO5 (co-wash)
    -GVP Conditioning Balm (conditioner)
    -L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutrigloss (conditioner)
    -Giovanni Direct Leave-in or GVP Conditioning Balm as leave-in
    -Flax seed gel (my favorite right now)
    -KCCC
    -Biotera Gel
    -HETT mousse
    I have bangs now, and I love 'em!
  • aneffigyaneffigy Posts: 93Registered Users
    Hm, maybe I should try this stuff again now that I have better stylers. I used it once and didn't really notice much of a difference. My hair is protein sensitive so I couldn't use it everyday, but maybe once a week..
    3A
    Modified CG since 11/14/08!
    Low poo: Trader Joe's Tea Tree
    Co-wash: VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea
    Rinse out: Tigi MM, Tigi O&H, Tresemme Naturals Volumizing
    DT: Jessicurl WDT
    Leave-in: Giovanni DLI, Komaza CLI
    Styling: Komaza Coconut Pudding, HE BE gel, KBB Cream to SOTC

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights