L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner - I might be in love!

Comments

• multiracialcurls89multiracialcurls89 Posts: 204Registered Users
    So do most of you guys use the one in the tube as your leave in?
    <A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"; target=_blank>

event.png
    Napptural Anniversary 6/27/08
    3c/3b
    Hair Loves: EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel, Protein Conditioners
    Hair Hates: Sulfates, Daily Hair Drenchings with Water, Gels with alot heavy PVP's
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It is awesome, isn't it? :blob:

I learned something tonight that might be of interest to anyone worrying that it would be too thick for them (yes whatsercurl, this means you! *lol*). My bottle was getting down to the last few little globs (that didn't want to come out because it is so thick), but I forgot to bring another bottle into the shower with me, so I just put some water in my palm and sucked it into the bottle, and shook it up really well. That thinned it to roughly the consistency of Suave coconut, but it detangled and softened just as well as it does undiluted for me. So, if you want to save some moolah and really stretch your conditioner dollar, mix it about 2 parts conditioner to 1 part water, and I doubt you'll notice a difference. :toothy3:

You know how much I HATE you right now don't you? :disgust:

:toothy3: :toothy3: :toothy3: :toothy3: :toothy3:

You say you hate me now, but when you run out of your beloved Kenra and don't want to spend an arm and a leg, you'll love me!!!
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
  • CurltasticCurltastic Posts: 16Registered Users
    Well lemme be the first to thank you! I have fallen madly in love with this conditioner, funny thing is that I work in a Rite Aid and i think ive used every condish in the store and never bothered to pick this gem up until you mentioned it LOL
    3b/3c i think??
    Co wash: V05 Moisture milks in strawberries and cream, Suave naturals tropical coconut or floral vanilla
    Condish: Nexxus Humectress
    Leave in: Nexxus Humectress, Aussie Hair Insurance
    Stylers: Herbal Essences totally twisted gel, Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel, Mixed chicks leave in conditioner
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The Walgreens near me had it on sale tonight for half off. The little sign says "While it Lasts" whatever that means. :dontknow:
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    The very thought that this could possibly be discontinued makes me break out in a cold sweat. I adore this condish! I am going to try not to panic, but think it is time to start stockpiling!
  • eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I really don't mean to rain on this parade, but be sure to check the ingredients because I've seen some that have a 'cone. The ones at my local Walgreens had 'cones, but at Walmart the pink bottle one didn't. When this line came out last year, it had cones, but must have been recently reformulated. Hopefully it will stay cone-free! I was tempted to get that one from Walmart today, but resisted since I have 5 other conditioners in the shower already! :tongue5:
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
    When I originally looked up the ingredients at www.walgreens.com, I saw that it had amodimethicone listed, but the bottle I had (and everybody else, except for in the UK) had none. In the UK, to go cone free, you have to get the stuff in the jar and not the bottle.

I'm hoping the one with cones was the old formula, and the new one is the cone free version. No proof either way yet, so keep an eye on the ingredients list, everybody!
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• FeralcurlsFeralcurls Posts: 408Registered Users
    I think I have tried every one in the range now and have liked them all. lol.
  • Nectar1269Nectar1269 Posts: 40Registered Users
    To go back to the question about whether the condition is being discontinued, I've noticed that it's on sale here in the UK too - I think I might have to stock up!!
    UK CG since: 1 October 2008
    Hair type: 3A/3B
    Currently using: Superdrug Naturals Coconut and Sweet Almond Condition (co-wash), Aussie Frizz Miracle (conditioner), L'Oreal Nutri Gloss Masque, Boots Curl Creme (style)
    'Don't you know straight hair ain't got no curl...' ~~Prince
  • SisoftheMoonSisoftheMoon Posts: 33Registered Users
    Well, you know Dollar Tree? They tend to 'test' the sales of new products or at least give a preview of new products. I was surprised to see L'oreal Vive Pro in those stores! They had ALL the flavors except for the Nutri Gloss. Here are the ingredients from the 'new' 'style and body infusing conditioner for curly/wavy hair that needs control', pink bottle:

aqua/water, stearyl alcohol, quaterni-um-87, hydroxypropyl starch phosphate, behentri-monium chloride, amo-dimethicone, phenox-yethanol, parfum/fragrance, polysorbate 20, candelilla cera/candelilla wax, meth-ylparaben, c11-15-eth-7, c12-16 pareth-9, glycerin, trideceth-12, hexyl cinnamal, chlorhexidinedihy-drochloride, benzyl salicylate, butyl-phenyl methylpropi-onal, linalool, amyl cinnamal, hydroxy-citronellal, f.i.l.#d10201/1

Those ingredients don't seem too delish to me. :dontknow:

Whew! Do my fingers hurt. So, I don't know why Dollar Tree would suddenly carry L'Oreal hair products. They don't sell discontinued products, only new or 'improved' products. Are these ingredients the same as any bottles some of you have now? If not, you better stock up. Mama done changed her recipe! :disgust:

Edit: Oh, and I bought this one earlier this week/late last week. So this is very new.
    Last disastrous relaxer 5/2008.
    TWA...for now...
    Products I love:
    Mill Creek Botanicals products
    AOHR
    Henna
    ABBA products
    Oils (various)
    Goal: to regrow what I lost and have healthy, thick, and wondrous natural curls! :laughing6:

Still searching for my miracle moisturizer.
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Went to CVS last night and they had plenty of this condish in stock. Of course, I had to pick up a bottle!! I used it this morning and WOW! - talk about instant detangling! Another thing is this stuff conditioned so well that next time I am NOT going to use a leave-in. I used my KBB Nectar as a leave-in today and my hair is way too soft -- I used AG Liquid Effects today; I usually have to be careful not to use too much of this gel or I end up super crunchy. Not today -- I had no crunch at all and think I could have used more. Will see what happens next time, but yep, I'm thinking no need for a leave-in with this one.
    http://public.fotki.com/msgiblet/ - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,079Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    To the person who mentioned the dollar store. I remember about 3 or 4 months ago I picked up this conditioner and it had that cone in it. However, now it no longer does. It's pretty strange.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
    Ha! We even got MsG on the bandwagon now! *lol* Isn't this stuff amazing? I want to know how it datangles so well without silicones so that if they ever do discontinue it, I know what to look for in my HG conditioner, because right now, this is IT.

They better not discontinue it or change the formula - haven't they noticed a surge in sales since I started this thread?!?! :laughing5:
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• CaliforniaWavyCaliforniaWavy Posts: 158Registered Users
    I keep resisting this thread, but after skimming it, I am off to Target after work to buy some. My hair tends to be on the dry side so I am hoping this will help with moisture. Plus, you can't beat the price!
    Mod CG since 9/08
    2b/2c Thick Hair
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/CaliforniaWavy/

pw: wavy

Currently using:
    Wash/Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut, Giovanni TTT, Elucence MB
    Conditioner: Kenra Moisturizing, Generic Biolage Balm
    Deep Treatment: Jessicurl WDT or GVP mixed with olive oil
    Styling faves: Giovanni DLI, KBB products, Boots, MOP Curl Cream, KCCC, HEBE
    Current Color: Salon highlights

Ha! We even got MsG on the bandwagon now! *lol* Isn't this stuff amazing? I want to know how it datangles so well without silicones so that if they ever do discontinue it, I know what to look for in my HG conditioner, because right now, this is IT.

They better not discontinue it or change the formula - haven't they noticed a surge in sales since I started this thread?!?! :laughing5:

I just hope it was the leave-in and not enough gel today that has made my hair so overly soft or I won't be able to use it very often. :neutral: Seems like every time I find something that melts the tangles in my very tangly hair, it also makes it too soft to hold the curl. I know conditioners with Behentrimonium Methosulfate (sp?) detangle my hair very well, so don't know if the Behentrimonium Chloride in this contributes to the superior detangling or not.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • P-NUTCurlzP-NUTCurlz Posts: 24Registered Users

:love7: This is definitely amazing!!! I didn't even think it would work with my 3b coarse hair but given the raves I had to try...Its been a week and I am L O V I N G this...I am getting great curl definition, NO tangles and NO frizz and the price? ..WOAH...Thank you BB great find.
    P-Nut :read2:Still researching
    3(ABC)??? very coarse, protein & glycerin sensitve,
    CO Wash: Suave Coconut, VO5 MM
    CO: AOHR, KCKT,
    Style: KCCC, BRHG, Love this combo!-AOMM
    Experimenting with ACV (so far so good), honey!!! (love it), Waiting to try:Phyto, KBB,RC...My hair hates CK...unless I am using it wrong... :confused1:
    http://public.fotki.com/P-Nutcurlz/hair/pw:walnut
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Just a head's up. Something is going on. I have the pink nutri gloss for med/long curly hair version at home, and today I just happened to look down the hair care isle at the supermarket, for no particular reason, of course ;), and they are loaded up with this stuff-new, on sale, but different. 2 versions-neither mentions curly hair, but one says for med/long fine hair, the other says for damaged hair. And both have amodimethicone...pink bottles, same name...just fyi...
    Just a head's up. Something is going on. I have the pink nutri gloss for med/long curly hair version at home, and today I just happened to look down the hair care isle at the supermarket, for no particular reason, of course ;), and they are loaded up with this stuff-new, on sale, but different. 2 versions-neither mentions curly hair, but one says for med/long fine hair, the other says for damaged hair. And both have amodimethicone...pink bottles, same name...just fyi...

Yeah, at CVS last night, they had the 2 pink bottles with the a-cone that you mentioned, but they also had plenty of the one for med/long hair that's wavy/curly and no cones. I just checked the bottle I bought last night to make sure. But they are all pink, so everyone should definitely read the bottle before picking one up.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CaliforniaWavyCaliforniaWavy Posts: 158Registered Users
    Yeah, when I checked my Target tonight they only had the ones for Long Hair and Damaged hair (both pink) but had no mention of curly hair. They both contained the A-cone as well so I didn't buy them. I will have to try my local drugstores as I am anxious to try this stuff.
    Mod CG since 9/08
    2b/2c Thick Hair
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/CaliforniaWavy/

pw: wavy

Currently using:
    Wash/Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut, Giovanni TTT, Elucence MB
    Conditioner: Kenra Moisturizing, Generic Biolage Balm
    Deep Treatment: Jessicurl WDT or GVP mixed with olive oil
    Styling faves: Giovanni DLI, KBB products, Boots, MOP Curl Cream, KCCC, HEBE
    Current Color: Salon highlights

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! :angryfire::angry5::blob6: Why can't they just leave well enough alone?!?! I'm getting some more when we go shopping tomorrow, providing it's the right one. That makes me so mad. :disgust:

Does anyone know if the other one that formerly didn't have any cones (glossy volume, I think) is remaining that way or not?
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• kurlygurlykurlygurly Posts: 644Registered Users
    Why did you put that WONDERFUL yellow bottle of L'Oreal Vive Pro Hydra Gloss Moisturizing down?
    That's a GREAT product. I fifnd myself inny-minny-miny-moying that and my very expensive products.
    So the one chose really works? I should try it out and you should try the Vive Pro Hydra out too!
    3b-ish... normal to low porosity....med. texture
    Wash: Desert Essence Coconut shampoo, Acure argon shampoo
    Deep Trestment: Nature's Nectars deep conditioner/styler
    Condition: Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Nature's Gate pomegranate sunflower
    LEAVE-IN:Nature's Nectars luv-n-a-bottle, Natures Gate pomegranate sunflower
    STYLE: Nature's Nectars Sweet Shea butter blend, Ecostyler gel
    hemp oil, jojoba oil
    www.naturesnectars.net
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! :angryfire::angry5::blob6: Why can't they just leave well enough alone?!?! I'm getting some more when we go shopping tomorrow, providing it's the right one. That makes me so mad. :disgust:

Does anyone know if the other one that formerly didn't have any cones (glossy volume, I think) is remaining that way or not?
    I would just have to wonder if they are phasing out the curly version. My Publix usually is well-stocked with the newer drug store products, and they didn't have a single bottle of the curly one, but tons of the other two (and all the other colored bottle ones). I wasn't looking for it, so have not checked any other stores, but I just wanted to report my inadvertant findings here...

I would just have to wonder if they are phasing out the curly version. My Publix usually is well-stocked with the newer drug store products, and they didn't have a single bottle of the curly one, but tons of the other two (and all the other colored bottle ones). I wasn't looking for it, so have not checked any other stores, but I just wanted to report my inadvertant findings here...

It's quite possible there might be a phase out. My CVS tends to be way behind getting the newer stuff in. They seem to hold onto the older stuff longer than some of the other stores which could be why there was plenty of the wavy/curly condish on the shelves. If I keep liking this one, I might have to go buy out their stock.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    I'm going to walmart in a little bit to I'll post my findings. If they do have the medium to long curly bottle, I'll probably buy a lot just in case. In the meantime, BB, you'd better find us all a new miracle conditioner!!! haha just kidding....kinda
    http://www.dormroomcurly.blogspot.com

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!
  • Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    OK update! I went to walmart and they had our beloved baby pink bottle in stock next to a new baby pink bottle for "damaged medium to long hair" that has the A-cone. So there are 2 bottles, they are different, and they are both stocking. I don't know if that means that they are phasing out the one we use, but the a-cone bottle has the word "new!" on it *uh oh*

I bought three bottles just in case
    http://www.dormroomcurly.blogspot.com

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!
  • chicagocurly78chicagocurly78 Posts: 463Registered Users

NO KIDDING!! :banghead:
  • FeralcurlsFeralcurls Posts: 408Registered Users
    Don't panic, check the masque out and see if that is cone free. Ours is here (Australia).
    Well, at WalMart tonight, they still had the same formulas (they even still had the 33% more bonus bottles!), and no sign of the "new" one with the cone. So, I got two of the LVPNG for curly hair, and one glossy volume, both of which were cone free at the time I bought them. I'll keep my eyes open and check every time I go shopping, but around here, so far, so good.

And kurlygurly, the reason I put back the hydra gloss condish is because it has amodimethicone in it. That one ingredient is the whole reason a bunch of us are starting to worry, because it seems like they might be reformulating and changing the one we all love so much, which is the nutri gloss for curly hair. Amodimethicone is a silicone, and if you're not clarifying (like many of us who no longer use shampoo), then it can build up on your hair and make it gross and lifeless. Although it's supposed to be a silicone that doesn't build up by it's chemical composition and properties, a lot of us just steer clear because it's not water soluble.

Feral, I've actually never seen a masque of this before here in the US. I guess I'll have to look more carefully next time I go shopping!!
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• Nectar1269Nectar1269 Posts: 40Registered Users
    Feral, I've actually never seen a masque of this before here in the US. I guess I'll have to look more carefully next time I go shopping!!

I think the masque in the UK is the same as your conditioner in the US... I think.
    UK CG since: 1 October 2008
    Hair type: 3A/3B
    Currently using: Superdrug Naturals Coconut and Sweet Almond Condition (co-wash), Aussie Frizz Miracle (conditioner), L'Oreal Nutri Gloss Masque, Boots Curl Creme (style)
    'Don't you know straight hair ain't got no curl...' ~~Prince
  • nieceypoonieceypoo Posts: 104Registered Users
    Vive Pro products are at Rite Aid this week...buy one, get one free. :wink:
    I LOVE my curls...finally! :toothy4:
    3b

Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner
    VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Conditioner
    Boots Curl Creme - Pink
    Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel
    Herbal Essences Set Me Up Spray Gel
    L'Oreal Pro Nutri Gloss Conditioner for curly hair
    Shampoo Bars