L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner - I might be in love!

Comments

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I used the fine version today trying for a lighter condish to work with the Donna Marie L&T cream. I think it was exactly what I needed to go with this styling product....well so far anyways....ya never know what will happen after my hair is dry.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    xcptnl wrote: »
    I used the fine version today trying for a lighter condish to work with the Donna Marie L&T cream. I think it was exactly what I needed to go with this styling product....well so far anyways....ya never know what will happen after my hair is dry.
    If I could JUST find the perfect product that made my waves look "DAMP" I would be in culry heaven....
    sigh..............
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • FeralcurlsFeralcurls Posts: 408Registered Users
    Have you tried Biolage Curling Elixir? That makes my hair look damp.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    DEL2C wrote: »
    xcptnl wrote: »
    If I could JUST find the perfect product that made my waves look "DAMP" I would be in culry heaven....
    sigh..............

I think you will like the L&T then.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • KynnibKynnib Posts: 999Registered Users
    I really like this conditioner. I think it was too much for cowashing even though it was great at melting the tangles. I might try it again for the winter. I also like the conditioning treatment for deep conditioning.
    4a hair. MOD CG routine.

Present Loves
    -Back on the (rajasthani) henna train! My hair is so much better now.
    -KBB hair butter mixed with Hairveda Cocasta oil
    -Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I haven't co-washed since I started using bars, or used drugstore brands since, well, a long time, but I figured this would probably detangle my daughter's long, slightly wavy, extremely tangly hair. Of course, I had to test it first. I co-washed, rinse-out co'd and leave-in co'd with it-probably overkill, but I was in the test-it mode...my hair was soft...too soft, I think, but it really felt like it was in great condition. I can't wait to try it on my girls' hair. Thanks for the rec...:)
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,372Registered Users Curl Novice
    BB, finally have income this week (well, that wasn't already outgoing before it hits the bank) so I will pick up some tomorrow morning. (one good thing about taking kids to school at 7 is that I can hit Walmart before everyone else does & it is on the way...minilist and I can be out in probably 10 min.

Reddish Rocks, my hair is a cross between yours and BB...more like BB the first day and yours the 2/3 day.

I'd not thought much about the tangles at the nape, I just figured it was part of the plan, and since all I needed to do this week was use the refresher, it didn't get washed out and Lord, the tangles yesterday in the shower were tough to get out, even with a gallon of conditioner!

Can't wait to use it! Oh yeah, RR, do you think it will work here in CO for the colder/drier (if possible) weather?
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Posts: 780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Is the protein in the L'oreal bothering anyone?

Is Walmart the only place y'all are finding the curly/wavy version?
  • MagooMagoo Posts: 2,173Registered Users

Wiggily, I picked some of this up the other day and the bottle I have has protein as the last ingredient so I decided to try it anyway. I get HORRENDOUS tangles and even though I love [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] for detangling, I go through quite a bit of it so I'm looking for a less expensive alternative to rotate for detangling.

I've used it 3 times and I haven't noticed any protein issues (dry, strawlike hair) but even though it detangles like a dream, my hair goes poofy once it dries. I'm thinking it's the oil and glycerin so high up on the ingredients. It just makes my hair way too soft and then I lose curl definition.
    Sigh. I was hoping my hair would like it since it detangles so well.
    3b/c fine, thick, porous, protein sensitive
    Modified CG, CJ Rehab, JCWDT, KCKT, VO5 Chamomile Tea Therapy, CJDF, HEBE Gel/Mousse, Bioinfusion Rosemary Mint shampoo, occasional protein

Experimenting with BRHG

"If you want the rainbow, you've gotta put up with the rain"
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think on Saturday, I'm going to get a bottle of the glossy volume conditioner in the Vive Pro line - the one in the red bottle - and then I'll do a couple of tests and report back on it. I worry that I'll get too much protein using the nutri gloss every shampoo like I do, but so far my hair has been loving it. Apparently, I was lacking protein and didn't even realize it! I must still be, because I still haven't had any issues with it, and I'm almost done with my first bottle.

But I think the glossy volume formula is also cone free (if not that one, then it's the hydra gloss in the yellow bottle - I remember one other one in the line is). Since I know that there's at least one good conditioner out there for me that's cone free, I figure there's absolutely no sense using even a water soluble cone.

Anyway, I'm hoping the glossy volume detangles as well as the nutri gloss, because then I can rotate the two and not worry about protein OD.
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
    I used the one in the yellow bottle pre-CG days and really liked it.

Still having success with the pink one but can't use everyday due to allergies.
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users

Well, like I said earlier, the protein did start to build up on my hair- but only after using two full bottles.

I've seen this line at pretty much all drugstores. Definitely Rite Aid, Duane Reade (for NYers), probably CVS.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    BTW, I've been using this stuff for the past few days and I'm really happy with the results so far!
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
    Having day 2 with it...could probably get day 3, but I don't like the gel that I used with it and I want to wash it out and use the one that I got today. I do need to pick up a brush though as hubs is getting a little annoyed that I keep taking his into the shower ;)

And thanks so much for telling us about this one. I have the barbie pink bottle and the nutri gloss so I might try that one tomorrow....and I agree, it's so much fun when something you suggest helps out someone else!
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

Just got the one in the white bottle.....Is called re-nutrition here. Has bee pollen in it.
    Huh - we don't have a version in a white bottle here, but I think the light yellow/golden bottle has the bee pollen or royal jelly or something. I believe that's the hydra gloss, and ours (US version) has amodimethicone. Once I saw that, I put it back and didn't really pay attention to which formula it was, because I couldn't use it.

I didn't get it yet because I still have a full bottle of the nutri gloss to use up, but the red bottle is also cone free - that's the glossy volume here in the US. I think somebody may have posted a pic of it like two or three pages back...anyway, that's the next one I'm gonna try, just so I don't get a protein buildup. I made a whipped humectant hair butter that I've been using for two days, and it has unrefined coconut oil (the solid stuff), so I'm now getting small amounts of protein in that too, and I don't want to OD on protein!
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• newcurlynewcurly Posts: 1,310Registered Users
    I really like this.

thanks so much BB!
    "Well I love that dirty water. Oh, Boston, you're my home!"
    You're welcome!! I do what I can, when I can! :happy10:
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• dancerxotdancerxot Posts: 140Registered Users
    I tried the L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss deep conditioner in the tube, and i'm in hair HEAVEN. I forgot to detangle with conditioner on, and guess what? My hair was actually behaving better than when i leave LOADS of my cowash conditioner on it. This stuff works really really well. My hair was soft and very moisturized. I'm definitely getting the regular conditioner and using it as my cowash :bigsmurf:

hair type: 3c/4a, naturally super soft, and really prone to frizz.
    :blob7:

:love7:i heart naturally curly hair!
    I have the Barbie pink one (love it) and the gold/pale yellow one...after I got the new gel, I got 3 day hair out of this.

I (heart) you!!!! I'm going to see about getting a cut next week or so and I need to color before I go down for Mom's BD party...it needs to be in excellent shape and look topnotch (or SOMEONE will say something) But I'm going from dry CO to humid Houston, so we'll see.

s-event.png

• lacunaCoilslacunaCoils Posts: 489Registered Users
    So I finally bought some! Got the Nutri-gloss for fine hair, I didn't see one for curly/wavy hair- is there much of a difference? I really like this conditioner- it's not the best I've ever used, but definitely a keeper!
    2b/2c Henndigo curls
    Currently using: Deva low-poo and OC, KCKT/KCCC, JCCC, & BRHG. + Curlease towel :)
    Also have had success with: CK, FSG, KBB, AOHR, Nature's Gate Conditioner.

pw: curlygirl

peacelove.jpg
    Just had a google the white bottle here is called Hydra Gloss in the US. I got the masque again which is cone free. Got good results from it!
  • tycho19tycho19 Posts: 805Registered Users
    I absolutely love the hydragloss for very dry/damaged hair in the yellow bottle. The con has amodimethicone but I have observed no buildup. I can actually detangle in less than 30 seconds now! Also, super shine and moisture.
    2B/2C wavy
    Don't Breed and Buy While Shelter Dogs Die - Adopt your next best friend!
  • CurltasticCurltastic Posts: 16Registered Users
    How shall I thank thee, let me count the ways.... OMG loreal vive pro nutri gloss condish is the best thing ever!!!!!!!! It made my hair super soft and shiny. Love love love this stuff!!

:love5:
    3b/3c i think??
    Co wash: V05 Moisture milks in strawberries and cream, Suave naturals tropical coconut or floral vanilla
    Condish: Nexxus Humectress
    Leave in: Nexxus Humectress, Aussie Hair Insurance
    Stylers: Herbal Essences totally twisted gel, Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel, Mixed chicks leave in conditioner
    It is awesome, isn't it? :blob:

I learned something tonight that might be of interest to anyone worrying that it would be too thick for them (yes whatsercurl, this means you! *lol*). My bottle was getting down to the last few little globs (that didn't want to come out because it is so thick), but I forgot to bring another bottle into the shower with me, so I just put some water in my palm and sucked it into the bottle, and shook it up really well. That thinned it to roughly the consistency of Suave coconut, but it detangled and softened just as well as it does undiluted for me. So, if you want to save some moolah and really stretch your conditioner dollar, mix it about 2 parts conditioner to 1 part water, and I doubt you'll notice a difference. :toothy3:
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• curlykristencurlykristen Posts: 113Registered Users
    Hi ladies -

I don't know what this means, but I need to report to you that I was at my local CVS this afternoon, and the L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss was on clearance, with a sign that says "get it while it lasts". They hadn't reduced the price, but it appears they are clearing it, along with all the other Vive Pro shampoos and conditioners, out of the store. I don't know if it's just at that location, or just at CVS, or if it's being discontinued.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up to be on the lookout!
    Mostly 3A, some 3B/2C fine-med texture/med porosity/low density

wash: alternate co-washing with V05 & soap bars
    Rinse out: Rotate TJ's N&S, AOHR, LVPNG, GVP K-Pak, CJ CA Daily Condish
    ACV rinses 2x/wk (high pH water)
    LI: if I use one, it's usually CJ CALI CJ H&B LI, or GDLI
    Styling: FSG with AVG, AN, hemp seed oil & slippery elm (winter only), KCCC, CJ CCCC, CJ SG, CJ AFG, AOMM & BRHG

Currently experimenting w/DM Miracurls CG & MM
    Hi ladies -

I don't know what this means, but I need to report to you that I was at my local CVS this afternoon, and the L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss was on clearance, with a sign that says "get it while it lasts". They hadn't reduced the price, but it appears they are clearing it, along with all the other Vive Pro shampoos and conditioners, out of the store. I don't know if it's just at that location, or just at CVS, or if it's being discontinued.

Oh wouldn't that just figure!!!!!!!!! Just when we find something that works, they gotta do something to it, whether it's change the formula, or get rid of it altogether. :disgust: Why can't they just leave the good stuff alone?!
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• curlykristencurlykristen Posts: 113Registered Users

Oh wouldn't that just figure!!!!!!!!! Just when we find something that works, they gotta do something to it, whether it's change the formula, or get rid of it altogether. :disgust: Why can't they just leave the good stuff alone?!

I know...FYI, I just checked the L'Oreal Vive Pro website, and there's no mention of it being discontinued...hopefully it's just at that store! I'll have to check the other CVS I frequent.
    Mostly 3A, some 3B/2C fine-med texture/med porosity/low density

wash: alternate co-washing with V05 & soap bars
    Rinse out: Rotate TJ's N&S, AOHR, LVPNG, GVP K-Pak, CJ CA Daily Condish
    ACV rinses 2x/wk (high pH water)
    LI: if I use one, it's usually CJ CALI CJ H&B LI, or GDLI
    Styling: FSG with AVG, AN, hemp seed oil & slippery elm (winter only), KCCC, CJ CCCC, CJ SG, CJ AFG, AOMM & BRHG

Currently experimenting w/DM Miracurls CG & MM
  • Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    Hi ladies -

I checked the l'oreal paris website and the main graphic for shampoo and conditioner for l'oreal paris is the whole nutri gloss line (including the beloved baby pink bottle) so unless they are just pulling it from CVS it looks to me like they are still making it since it's featured so prominently

http://www.lorealparisusa.com/

go there, mouse over hair care and click on shampoos and conditioners and you'll see what i mean
    http://www.dormroomcurly.blogspot.com

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    It is awesome, isn't it? :blob:

I learned something tonight that might be of interest to anyone worrying that it would be too thick for them (yes whatsercurl, this means you! *lol*). My bottle was getting down to the last few little globs (that didn't want to come out because it is so thick), but I forgot to bring another bottle into the shower with me, so I just put some water in my palm and sucked it into the bottle, and shook it up really well. That thinned it to roughly the consistency of Suave coconut, but it detangled and softened just as well as it does undiluted for me. So, if you want to save some moolah and really stretch your conditioner dollar, mix it about 2 parts conditioner to 1 part water, and I doubt you'll notice a difference. :toothy3:

You know how much I HATE you right now don't you? :disgust:
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file