L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner - I might be in love!

Comments

• FeralcurlsFeralcurls Posts: 408Registered Users
    Still getting good clumping (for me)! Hair feels nice and soft too. Someone said to me today that my curls looked 'perfect' :blob8:.

Not convinced it would be moisterising enough to use all the time though. I need the 'better' products like Biolage! My hair is snobby.
  • TrixieTrixie Posts: 260Registered Users
    Feralcurls wrote: »
    Still getting good clumping (for me)! Hair feels nice and soft too. Someone said to me today that my curls looked 'perfect' :blob8:.

Not convinced it would be moisterising enough to use all the time though. I need the 'better' products like Biolage! My hair is snobby.

I think I'm going to alternate it with AOHR since my hair seems to love them both. I hope our success with the Nutri Gloss continues!
    Somewhere between a 2b/c and a 3a

Current product favorites
    Cleansers: Giovanni TTTT shampoo, Deva No-Poo, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner
    Conditioners: Tigi Moisture Maniac, Yes to Cucumbers, GVP Conditioning Balm, AOHR
    Stylers/Gels: KCCC, SS CEJ and FHG, AOMM, BRHG, LA Looks Sport Gel, Lustrasilk (winter), Pink Boots (winter)
    Henna glosses!
  • LadyChristinaLadyChristina Posts: 178Registered Users
    This is on sale everywhere this week...CVS, Walgreens (3 for $10) BUT neither store carries the "Curly hair" variety. Only for fine and medium hair.

Dang...wonder if the others will be as good, or as CG. I dont have much patience to read labels, which is why I relie on all the smart gals here :)
    Hair type: Wavy- Colored Blonde - Thin - Long, almost to bra strap
    Current products:
    Jessicurl Low Poo or Sauve Coconut Co-wash-
    Loreal Nutri-Gloss Curly Formula conditioner-
    Honey (when dry)
    Nexxus Emergencee 2x month
    Curl:Re:Coil (New Holy Grail curl former...works great!)
    Gel: Deva Arc Angell

"If you can conceive it, and believe it, you will achieve it"

:wave:
    This is on sale everywhere this week...CVS, Walgreens (3 for $10) BUT neither store carries the "Curly hair" variety. Only for fine and medium hair.

Dang...wonder if the others will be as good, or as CG. I dont have much patience to read labels, which is why I relie on all the smart gals here :)

The fine and medium hair kind is not CG, it has amodimethicone. I found that out after buying it lol, so I just gave it to my mom. She gets all my rejected product purchases lol.

Cleansers: Giovanni TTTT shampoo, Deva No-Poo, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner
    Conditioners: Tigi Moisture Maniac, Yes to Cucumbers, GVP Conditioning Balm, AOHR
    Stylers/Gels: KCCC, SS CEJ and FHG, AOMM, BRHG, LA Looks Sport Gel, Lustrasilk (winter), Pink Boots (winter)
    Henna glosses!
  • ReddishRocksReddishRocks Posts: 779Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    *cough* It's working for me too... sooo much better than the Deva that I'm RUNNING to return tomorrow. :) I don't feel guilty about piling it on, and it does rinse out really well.

Today I did the following:

-Kathymack's Rosewood Balsam shampoo bar
    -Nutri Gloss
    -about a nickle's worth of [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink]
    -marble-size blob of KY (gonna drop this as the weather dries up)
    -[buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] all over
    -pea-size blob of BRHG

I pinned it up with claw clips and let it dry. An hour later, I crunched it out with just my dry hands and it looks really good! Soooo soft and shiny. :D

17May09GlenEyriecrop-1.jpg

Hair is best when wabi-sabi.
    2b/2c at this length, more 3a when shorter
    M/C ii

Mod CG: Sept 08
    Using: Suave co-wash, GVP Conditioning Balm, Lustrasilk OOC, MGA, BRHG
    Humectants: @ dew point 40+
    My blog for dry climate curlies and growing out a pixie: Colorado Curly
  • curlsAboundcurlsAbound Posts: 246Registered Users Curl Novice
    Oooh ... now I want to try this too ... but I bought so many products in the last little while that my bathroom is getting so full! First we'll have to see if it I can even find it, I suppose ....
    2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
    loving my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG
    faithful to Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Moisturizing Gelly
    also the combo of Satsuma scented AOMM and Biolage Gelée
    Desert Essences Coconut shampoo and conditioner

Discount code:
    For $$$$ off at iherb.com, use this linked code: DEY827

• ReddishRocksReddishRocks Posts: 779Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Oooh ... now I want to try this too ... but I bought so many products in the last little while that my bathroom is getting so full! First we'll have to see if it I can even find it, I suppose ....
    It's sooooo cheap that it's worth a shot. I just had two awesome hair days using this stuff. :toothy10:

17May09GlenEyriecrop-1.jpg

Hair is best when wabi-sabi.
    2b/2c at this length, more 3a when shorter
    M/C ii

Mod CG: Sept 08
    Using: Suave co-wash, GVP Conditioning Balm, Lustrasilk OOC, MGA, BRHG
    Humectants: @ dew point 40+
    My blog for dry climate curlies and growing out a pixie: Colorado Curly
  • curlsAboundcurlsAbound Posts: 246Registered Users Curl Novice
    Found it! Well, not the curly hair one but the treatment had no -cones so I got it. I am presently DTing and made a mixture of honey, nutri gloss and olive oil. Super DT! Wish me luck! And it was on sale, too!
    2b/3a in Vancouver, Canada
    loving my own homemade Satsuma scented agave spiked FSG
    faithful to Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Moisturizing Gelly
    also the combo of Satsuma scented AOMM and Biolage Gelée
    Desert Essences Coconut shampoo and conditioner

Discount code:
    For $$$$ off at iherb.com, use this linked code: DEY827

• medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    You know I wasn't that impressed at first. Bad combo of stuff on top of this maybe? but you know the more i use this the more I like it. My hair is nicely looped and frizz free and shiny. I've been using that GF C&S as a leave in and HESMU and having the best hair days!
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ok, so I've used it as a regular conditioner (which I love), and last time I showered, I put back about a quarter sized blob and smooshed it all over, then brushed it through with my Denman and left it in.

LOVE IT! :love5:

It's more moisturizing than my GDLI, so probably better for the dry winter months, whereas the GDLI is good for summer for me. And I think next time I run out of my refresher spray, I'll make a new one using LVPNG, AVG, glycerin and water (omitting the honey from my previous recipe...seems honey is a summer thing for me too :sad11:).

Anyway, I thought I should share - this stuff really pulls double duty!
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
  • OperaCurlsOperaCurls Posts: 1,101Registered Users
    ooh I stumbled across this thread just in time! I'm out of my regular suave condish.... thanks for the rec, BB!
    http://public.fotki.com/opera-curls/ (I cut my own hair)
    Pacific Northwest girl, color-treated fine 3B, med-low porosity

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
    I LOVE HENNA!
    ooh I stumbled across this thread just in time! I'm out of my regular suave condish.... thanks for the rec, BB!

Ohh you're gonna LOVE IT! :blob:

Make sure you share your experiences with us!! :toothy10:
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• krispykrispy Posts: 320Registered Users
    Of course i read this post yesterday and bought the conditioner last night :)
    This morning i water washed, combed thru the Loreal conditioner, rinsed most out, added BRHG gel and scrunched. That is IT !!!!!!!!! My hair looks good !!!!!!! There is definitely more curl defintion. The one thing i normally do but didn't today is use a leave-in, whether Shea M or Giovanni direct leave-in, but today I just didn't rinse all the conditioner out.
    Thank you BoticelliBabe :notworthy:
    2c/3a

Worrying doesn't take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace

Best combo so far:
    SheaMosture Curl and shine milk , Ouidad heat and humidity gel
  • saricurlsaricurl Posts: 121Registered Users
    I haven't used a drugstore conditioner in about 10 years, because I've been through them all and never found one that worked on my dry hair. I was inspired by this thread to try the Nutri Gloss, though -- WOW! I never thought I'd find an inexpensive alternative to my beloved All Soft, but this comes very very close. It detangles just as well as All Soft and gives great slip. My hair felt slightly less moisturized than with the All Soft, which has oils higher up on the ingredient list, but I just used a little more SheaM than usual and I'm having a fantastic hair day. So happy to have found a cheaper product to add to the rotation!
    3b with a little 3a
    Mostly CG, but I love me some amodimethicone.

Cleanse: V05 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Conditioner; CJ Hibiscus Bliss low poo; LLL Green Tea Cleanse
    Rinse-Out: Kenra moisturizing conditioner, Redken All Soft (old formula), LVPNG, LVPHG
    Leave-In: Agave nectar plus Sebastian Potion 9 or Aloeba
    Style: Dab of QCCC, Re:Coil or Mop-C under BRHG/HESMU combo

Ohh you're gonna LOVE IT! :blob:

Make sure you share your experiences with us!! :toothy10:

Bought this (nutrigloss for wavy/curly hair, no cones at all) late last night on my way home from campus and took a shower to keep me awake for an all-nighter (blah). I know some of you have mentioned how thick this stuff is, but wow! Still wasn't expecting that. And it felt wonderfully slippery and smooth on my hair, detangled like a dream. The only conditioner that compares for slip and thickness is TIGI Dumb Blonde, and that has 'cones.

Anyway, I rinsed out about 80% and scrunched in [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], then plopped and air-dried. The jury is still out, because I also tried pineappling damp hair while I was studying and I think it pulled out most of my root curl because I was sitting upright (dunno if that makes sense...). So far my hair is shiny and soft, just not much volume or definition, but that's most likely user-error. I'll try leaving more in tonight (and getting some sleep) and see if it makes a difference. I'm really hoping that this stuff will get me through until my KBB order arrives, I am completely out of leave-in conditioner! And even if it doesn't, I'll keep it as a rinse-out and detangler.

Products: Suave Coconut condish, Giovanni Direct Leave-In, FSG or KCCC, AfroVeda Shea-Amla Cream
    I LOVE HENNA!
  • marinacurlzmarinacurlz Posts: 1,720Registered Users
    Wow, who'd have thought a drugstore conditioner would get such a long thread! Guess what I am getting on payday?:thumright:
    http://public.fotki.com/TLGuerrero/

password: curly

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Crazy-picky hair; likes some oils and proteins, but not others, can tolerate some glycerin.

Current products-
    Co-wash: Suave/Vo5/TJ Refresh
    Rinse out & Leave in: Suave Tropical Coconut/Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Gel: Herbal Essences Set Me Up/Aussie Tizz No Frizz
    It's certainly worth a try, marinacurlz! Not all hype is just hype! *lol*
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I actually picked up the Vive Pro Glossy Volume Conditioner for fine hair yesterday. I really wanted to try the one for curly wavy hair but the thick part concerned me as I in no way have thick hair! This is the one I got and it does not have the A-Cone

HCa2_32_large.jpg
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
  • CurlykeyCurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users Curl Novice
    Browsing through the shelves at my local Wal Mart, I was looking for a protein-rich conditioner that was CG as well. You would be AMAZED to find that there are about three that didn't cost an arm and a leg (Nexxus Keraphix was my next choice because they didn't carry Emergencee, but at 17 bucks just wasn't an option this week).

After about ten minutes of ingredient scouring, a pair of very sore eyes, and a headache the size of the Eiffel Tower, I had a yellow bottle of L'oreal Vive Pro Hydra Gloss in my hands when I spotted a Barbie doll pink bottle on the bottom shelf, almost hiding. It said "pearl protein complex" and "for medium to long hair with curls or waves". Well YAY! That's me! Best of all?? NO CONES!!!

I got to try it for the first time tonight. It's thick - VERY thick. And very rich and creamy-feeling. It has a light floral scent, but it's not overpowering (I'm not a big fan of florals, and I didn't object at all). The best thing though, was when I went to brush it through with my Denman. There weren't ANY tangles! It was like they just dissolved! Then, when I rinsed it out, it was just...gone. No residue or slimy feel at all, but still soft and silky. Clean feeling, but well-conditioned.

And when I went to brush my KY in, my Denman slipped right through. That never happens when I have nothing but water in my hair. NEVER!

Now yes, in the recent past I used sulfates and cones, but even the conditioners with dimethicone that I was using didn't feel this good. I'm really hoping that my hair can cope with this conditioner just a little while...until I can make my $150 KBB order! :laughing1:

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I stumbled upon this thread last week and thought I would give the loreal condish a shot. WOW!!! I love this stuff! I am going to purchase a couple of extra bottles today to keep on my shelf. I co-washed with it and absolutely love it! Thanks again!:thumbup:
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    Trixie wrote: »

Dang...wonder if the others will be as good, or as CG. I dont have much patience to read labels, which is why I rely on all the smart gals here :)

The fine and medium hair kind is not CG, it has amodimethicone. I found that out after buying it lol, so I just gave it to my mom. She gets all my rejected product purchases lol.

The conditioner is okaaaaayyy, I guess. Didn't do any better than other drugstore conditioners out there.

Though I've cut back significantly, I'm not afraid of 'cones. (I believe amodimethicone is more water-soluble than dimethicone. It's hardly a health-hazard, either. - Check out www.cosmeticdatabase.com for your favorite products. You might be surprised at what you find!) :evil3:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    I really wanted to like this condish, but I found it wasn't moisturizing enough for me. It has a lot of slip, so it was good for detangling, but after my hair dried, it felt crunchy. :( Bummer...I guess it's back to generic Biolage for me!
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    I've used this in the past, the one for 'medium to long curly hair.' I really liked it, but by the time I got to my third bottle I started to experience what I think was protein buildup. I think it would work for me as long as I rotate it with something else. Now that I'm trying to watch my money a little more, I'll probably pick up a bottle and put it on rotation with my OneC.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Posts: 755Registered Users
    I love this condish, I think that it is excellent for a drugstore product! I really love it with a little dollop of honey mixed in, I get amazingly good hair days using it this way!
  • nieceypoonieceypoo Posts: 104Registered Users
    After reading this thread I went out and bought a bottle the other day...got the one for curly hair and I love it! I used it as my regular conditioner after co-washing with Suave coconut. Put in the rest of my products as usual and had great second day hair.

Thanks for the tip!:thumbleft:
    I LOVE my curls...finally! :toothy4:
    3b

Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner
    VO5 Vanilla Mint Tea Conditioner
    Boots Curl Creme - Pink
    Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel
    Herbal Essences Set Me Up Spray Gel
    L'Oreal Pro Nutri Gloss Conditioner for curly hair
    Shampoo Bars
  • aoedecmjaoedecmj Posts: 85Registered Users
    Well, you all got me. Today I picked some at Target along with some Suave Coconut condish. It's nice to know that, along with the tons of cash I've recently laid down for new product (just got CK and Tweek . . . [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink] and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] are currently in transit . . . I'm out of control people!), there are apparently other miracle workers out there that DON'T cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks BB for making us all aware of this one.
    CG since 10/5/08
    Faux Red-head since 1997 - recent henna head
    3a/2b
    CoWash: Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut
    Conditioners: L'Oreal Vivre Pro Nutrigloss
    Winter Stylers: KCKT, KCCC, FOTE, BRHG, Boots
    Summer products I'm missing: CK, re:Coil, Tweek
    Techniques: single plop, pixiecurl diffuse

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://public.fotki.com/aoedecmj/
    This won't be the first time I've said it, and I'm sure it won't be the last, either...just repaying the kindness and plethora of info I got when I first started coming here, and doing my part to inform when I don't already see it out there. :toothy10: So glad I've been able to help!

And for those who aren't having the best of luck with it, you might be overconditioned, or maybe you're protien sensitive (remember I said I was specifically looking for something protein rich when I found it?)...or like just about any other HG out there, it just may not be for everybody. Sorry if that applies to you! :sad11:
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

KurleeEdna wrote: »
    Trixie wrote: »

Dang...wonder if the others will be as good, or as CG. I dont have much patience to read labels, which is why I rely on all the smart gals here :)

The conditioner is okaaaaayyy, I guess. Didn't do any better than other drugstore conditioners out there.

Though I've cut back significantly, I'm not afraid of 'cones. (I believe amodimethicone is more water-soluble than dimethicone. It's hardly a health-hazard, either. - Check out www.cosmeticdatabase.com for your favorite products. You might be surprised at what you find!) :evil3:

Some people have problems with amodimethicone building up I guess. Never implied it was a health hazard.

My conditioner update is I still love this conditioner! The other morning I woke up and touched my hair and could not believe how soft and silky it felt a full 24 hours after washing.

Henna glosses!
  • brown_eyedgal20brown_eyedgal20 Posts: 412Registered Users
    Yea...Saw a previous thread about it on here months ago and ran out and bought it. Have always had some because I LOVE it!
    I actually ran out of this a little while ago (has just slipped my mind every time I am out I guess). Looked for it at the Target in my town earlier today and of course they didn't have the curly one. So since I have to go to WalMart at midnight when I get off of work anyway...:toothy10:

I
    2c/3aMiii

Loving JC and CK products...:) Been loving them for 3 years...looking to branch out and try new things!!!
    My hair is very fine and thin, but with tight curls, and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] has always "frozen" my hair in place before the curls an spring up to full potential. Last night, however, when I used the NutriGloss as my rinse-out and smoothed in a quarter-size blob as a leave-in under [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], it was like a curl explosion! The only time I've seen my hair with this much curl uniformity, shine, and bounce was.... oh wait, never! And it survived a pineapple and lasted all day with only the tiniest smidgeon of frizz. Doesn't feel quite as soft as it could, and I do worry that the protein will build up, but I think that rotating with KBB will work just dandy this winter *fingers crossed*

I LOVE HENNA!
    My hair is very fine and thin, but with tight curls, and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] has always "frozen" my hair in place before the curls an spring up to full potential. Last night, however, when I used the NutriGloss as my rinse-out and smoothed in a quarter-size blob as a leave-in under [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink], it was like a curl explosion! The only time I've seen my hair with this much curl uniformity, shine, and bounce was.... oh wait, never! And it survived a pineapple and lasted all day with only the tiniest smidgeon of frizz. Doesn't feel quite as soft as it could, and I do worry that the protein will build up, but I think that rotating with KBB will work just dandy this winter *fingers crossed*

:blob: :blob: :blob:

That's awesome, opera_curls! Yay! It just makes me so giddy when somebody benefits from something I managed to find. It's like uncovering hidden treasure or something! *lol*
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights