L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner - I might be in love!

Comments

• mumofcurlygirlmumofcurlygirl Posts: 472Registered Users
    I'm definatly thinking about getting a tub of the Nutrigloss mask it has the same ing. as the US version, I will take advantage of the BOGOF offer and get 2:toothy10:

BotticelliBabe- It will definatly be a good back up for when I run out of KBB the only other CG drugstore conditioner I can use on Paige's hair is inecto Coconut and I think its being discontinued as I can't get it anywhere!
    Glad its working well for you :love3:
    Trying to work out my 5 year olds 2c fine frizzy/curly hair

http://public.fotki.com/angel6901/
    Password; curlygirl

Loving KBB and Kinky Curly!! :love7::
  • Nectar1269Nectar1269 Posts: 40Registered Users
    After reading the rave reviews of Inecto Coconut conditioner I went to find some at Superdrug but the shelf was empty... Perhaps it's better that I don't try it, love and and then lose it!

I think I might stock up on the Nutri Gloss mask too...
    UK CG since: 1 October 2008
    Hair type: 3A/3B
    Currently using: Superdrug Naturals Coconut and Sweet Almond Condition (co-wash), Aussie Frizz Miracle (conditioner), L'Oreal Nutri Gloss Masque, Boots Curl Creme (style)
    'Don't you know straight hair ain't got no curl...' ~~Prince
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ok, so my verdict is this:

2nd use/1st cowash went well - detangled like nobody's business and all that, rinsed great, and seems to have good oil removal properties (regular scalp oils and sebum, plus a little castor/olive/plum kernel oil and glycerin that gets in the hair around my face from OCM, but that's something else). It also really does an amazing job detangling when I'm brushing my product in, well after my final rinse. Pretty good trick for something with no cones!

After I took down my plop and clipped my roots with tiny jaw clips to let it air dry the rest of the way (SO glad I can air dry now - it used to look like crap when I tried it!), it was still light and dried with better end curl than I've seen from air drying in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Yay!

I'm not certain how I feel about the LOOB though. It scrunches out easily enough, but I think it texturizes my hair too much, and it doesn't feel as soft as my first wash with the LVPNG (oh great...ANOTHER acronym! *lol*). Not exactly rough - I mean, it's still soft and smooth - but definately not as nice as it was the first time around. And I think the LOOB might be making me tangle a little on the underside...my usual suspect. I had a feeling when it was wet last night that I wasn't going to like it, but FOTE taught me to give it a chance to dry before I make a final judgement.

So, Friday night I plan to cowash again and skip the LOOB to see if that was the culprit. I'll try it with just KY and FOTE (this time I used KY, LOOB, and a touch of melting gel on the ends), and see how that feels.

And the experiment plods on!! :read2:
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
  • mumofcurlygirlmumofcurlygirl Posts: 472Registered Users
    Ok, so my verdict is this:

2nd use/1st cowash went well - detangled like nobody's business and all that, rinsed great, and seems to have good oil removal properties (regular scalp oils and sebum, plus a little castor/olive/plum kernel oil and glycerin that gets in the hair around my face from OCM, but that's something else). It also really does an amazing job detangling when I'm brushing my product in, well after my final rinse. Pretty good trick for something with no cones!

After I took down my plop and clipped my roots with tiny jaw clips to let it air dry the rest of the way (SO glad I can air dry now - it used to look like crap when I tried it!), it was still light and dried with better end curl than I've seen from air drying in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time. Yay!

I'm not certain how I feel about the LOOB though. It scrunches out easily enough, but I think it texturizes my hair too much, and it doesn't feel as soft as my first wash with the LVPNG (oh great...ANOTHER acronym! *lol*). Not exactly rough - I mean, it's still soft and smooth - but definately not as nice as it was the first time around. And I think the LOOB might be making me tangle a little on the underside...my usual suspect. I had a feeling when it was wet last night that I wasn't going to like it, but FOTE taught me to give it a chance to dry before I make a final judgement.

So, Friday night I plan to cowash again and skip the LOOB to see if that was the culprit. I'll try it with just KY and FOTE (this time I used KY, LOOB, and a touch of melting gel on the ends), and see how that feels.

And the experiment plods on!! :read2:

Yay!!, its really nice for you to experiment for us :toothy10: I will be awaiting the results

oh and just one question...... what is LOOB?, Ive heard it mentioned a few times and I don't know what it is I'm guessing its some sort of gel??, I dont use any gel or stying products on Paiges hair because its so fine I just use a leave in ;)
    Trying to work out my 5 year olds 2c fine frizzy/curly hair

http://public.fotki.com/angel6901/
    Password; curlygirl

Loving KBB and Kinky Curly!! :love7::
  • hadtochangemynamehadtochangemyname Posts: 628Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    LOOB=Loreal Out Of Bed

comes in a little black tub

I personally liked it more when I straightened, gave me great root lift, and I would use it on dry straight hair to give me piecey 2-nd day bedhead hair.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yay! Another curly that it worked for! Awesome - now I know I'm not a crazy freak! :laughing9:
    Actually Babe................

you STILL are a CRAZY freak :laughing6: but you already know that huh?
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    DEL2C wrote: »
    Yay! Another curly that it worked for! Awesome - now I know I'm not a crazy freak! :laughing9:
    Actually Babe................

you STILL are a CRAZY freak :laughing6: but you already know that huh?

Heeheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! :goofy: :toothy10:
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• KindaWavyKindaWavy Posts: 383Registered Users
    Of course I went out and bought this within an hour of my post in this thread. :D

Tonight is a prime night to really put this to the test. The rat's nest at the nape of my neck is out of control today. Incidentally, I'm really starting to wonder if the use of multiple Deva products is the culprit. I know that OneC causes others probs, but it's not one that I use. Oh well, maybe I'll figure it out one of these days, or I'll lurve this so much that I won't care. LOL

My night time routine is almost identical to yours, Babe; I hope my end result is half as successful as yours! I'll post my results tomorrow- cross your fingers for me! :)
    Photobucket acct: http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq48/KindaWavy/
    pw=hairhairhair

Shampoo bars w/Organic ACV rinses
    KBB milk wash out, Super Silky leave-in
    Donna Marie CCB, KCCC, FSG, and Cocoa Hemp Buttercream to scrunch the crunch.

2C/3A, slightly past BSL.
    KindaWavy wrote: »
    Of course I went out and bought this within an hour of my post in this thread. :D

Tonight is a prime night to really put this to the test. The rat's nest at the nape of my neck is out of control today. Incidentally, I'm really starting to wonder if the use of multiple Deva products is the culprit. I know that OneC causes others probs, but it's not one that I use. Oh well, maybe I'll figure it out one of these days, or I'll lurve this so much that I won't care. LOL

My night time routine is almost identical to yours, Babe; I hope my end result is half as successful as yours! I'll post my results tomorrow- cross your fingers for me! :)

Consider them crossed, KW!! Just a thought too, if you use a lot of stuff with amodimethicone (Deva tends to have it), that might be causing you problems. You might need to clarify, but maybe not - see how this works for you first.

Good luck, and I'll be looking for your results post!!
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

• FeralcurlsFeralcurls Posts: 408Registered Users
    I found a leave in creme conditioner for this brand today. Looked to be CG!! (again stupid small blurry writing!) A CG leave in is the one thing I haven't been able to find over here, so if I like the masque I'll try the leave in.
  • lauraleelauralee Posts: 50Registered Users
    My day 3 hair was better than day 2 with some extra FOTE scrunched in. Interestingly, I also used LOOB on day 2 when I looked a sorta flat. Maybe LOOB is a little too heavy to use with the softer hair I got from this conditioner?

Cowashed again this morning and my hair is crazy curly with homemade [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] and a little BRHG scrunched in, clipped and diffused 80% dry. Woohoo!

Having other curlies' results really helps me figure out what's helping and what's not. Thanks for sharing, fellow curl experimenters! :happy7:
    3a/F/ii; mod CG since 8/17/08

current favorites - Vo5 Lime to co wash, Loreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss to condition
    occasional glycerine soap bar washes, followed by coconut vinegar rinse
    homemade flaxseed gel (inspired by Bottecelli Babe), Loreal Tightly Wound spray gel
    lauralee wrote: »
    My day 3 hair was better than day 2 with some extra FOTE scrunched in. Interestingly, I also used LOOB on day 2 when I looked a sorta flat. Maybe LOOB is a little too heavy to use with the softer hair I got from this conditioner?

Cowashed again this morning and my hair is crazy curly with homemade [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] and a little BRHG scrunched in, clipped and diffused 80% dry. Woohoo!

Having other curlies' results really helps me figure out what's helping and what's not. Thanks for sharing, fellow curl experimenters! :happy7:

Woot!! Yay you, lauralee! So now I'm wondering if the LOOB is just not a good partner to the nutrigloss - like you said, maybe our hair is just too soft after using the NG. I know mine is like silk after I use it! :love5:

So...anybody taken pics of LVPNG results yet? :toothy3:
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

I actually received two 'curl compliments' today after a LOOOOONG time and I'm giving all the credit to the Nutri Gloss!!
    Currently using: Superdrug Naturals Coconut and Sweet Almond Condition (co-wash), Aussie Frizz Miracle (conditioner), L'Oreal Nutri Gloss Masque, Boots Curl Creme (style)
  • KindaWavyKindaWavy Posts: 383Registered Users
    KindaWavy wrote: »

Consider them crossed, KW!! Just a thought too, if you use a lot of stuff with amodimethicone (Deva tends to have it), that might be causing you problems. You might need to clarify, but maybe not - see how this works for you first.

Good luck, and I'll be looking for your results post!!

When you are right, BB, you are right! When I started the co wash, I started to worry that I wouldn't get the good results you all have- tangles galore, and they weren't budging. We all know our hair, and I could tell by the feel of this product that it is a type that my hair usually agrees with. So when it became clear to me that the snarls were winning, I scrubbed in some baking soda, did an ACV rinse, and co washed again (couldn't wait! lol).

Into my sopping wet mop, I brushed in a couple puddles LOTD, brushed in some Bioterra, then SCRUNCHED. I scrunched some more with the ShamWow to rid myself of some of the extra moisture, plopped into a white T-shirt overnight. First thing this morn, I came out of the plop, and was still pretty wet, so I plopped into a flour sack towel for 30 mins or so- and it was Great!! Shiny, bouncy, and with the best curl formation and- I still can't believe it- good clumping!! I've never gotten decent clumping, brush or no brush.

I received three compliments on my hair in the two hours I was out. So, needless to say, I love this stuff! Thanks so much for the rec, BB! I'll be beginning my foray into 'poo bars and KBB (!!) shortly, but I'm not leaving this behind. Nope, it's definitely staying in the line-up! :love3:

ETA: It just dawns on me what the scent reminds me of- HubbaBubba bubble gum. At least I think it was that brand- either that, or BubbleYum.
    Photobucket acct: http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq48/KindaWavy/
    pw=hairhairhair

Shampoo bars w/Organic ACV rinses
    KBB milk wash out, Super Silky leave-in
    Donna Marie CCB, KCCC, FSG, and Cocoa Hemp Buttercream to scrunch the crunch.

2C/3A, slightly past BSL.
  • LadyChristinaLadyChristina Posts: 178Registered Users
    This stuff IS the bomb-de-domb!

Detangles like a pro...so soft...used as a leave in and scrunched in Bioterra curl creme, followed with IC fantasia gel, and wavys started showing immediately. For a 2b/c like me, that is something. Air dried to soft, full waves. Me likey!!
    Hair type: Wavy- Colored Blonde - Thin - Long, almost to bra strap
    Current products:
    Jessicurl Low Poo or Sauve Coconut Co-wash-
    Loreal Nutri-Gloss Curly Formula conditioner-
    Honey (when dry)
    Nexxus Emergencee 2x month
    Curl:Re:Coil (New Holy Grail curl former...works great!)
    Gel: Deva Arc Angell

"If you can conceive it, and believe it, you will achieve it"

:wave:
  • onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    I don't understand! It's not working at all for me like it does for you all! It leaves my hair tangled, and usually I can finger-comb, but the second time I used this conditioner it took me FOREVER to comb it out with a shower comb!

Could it be a protein sensivity? : (
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
    I has the masque and the leave in...... :toothy10:
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    Ah I've so missed you my A cone love!
    I"m glad you mentioned this conditioner, it's cheap and my hair came out sooooooo soft and frizz free!
    It didn't feel like much in the shower? Maybe it's just me. But when I rinsed it out it didn't feel like much either. I definitely didn't feel all soft and slick like some leave me.
    I put in GF C and S for a leave in (more A cone) and then my gel and I have soft hair without that producty look I so often get when it's super humid as it is today.

Seriously could it rain more? lol
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • cubancurlscubancurls Posts: 101Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Bottecillibabe: There are 3 different kinds: for damaged hair, for long fine hair and for Curly/wavy hair.

The one for curly/wavy hair is the only one with no Adimothicone.

You have the one for curly/wavy hair right?

I bought it and used it, very thick, yes but I like that because I have long hair and I need a good detangler. It didn't weigh it down at all. It was only $3.69 at target so I'll keep it. Too soon to tell on the conditioning properties.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Posts: 6,726Registered Users
    I picked this up Friday; couldnt try it yet cause Saturday is my DT day and I wanted controlled testing.

:toothy10:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    And I bought it today. Along with some KY. Enablers! :lol:
    Minneapolis, MN
  • HoneycurlsHoneycurls Posts: 1,889Registered Users
    Against my better judgement, I bought this and used it today even though oil is listed as one of the ingredients. But, my hair has been really dry and crunchy lately, so I thought, what the heck....

So, I put on my V05 Extra Body on first so my hair would soak up the collagen protein first, then I put a small amount of the NutriGloss over it, finished my other shower activities, then rinsed. As per usual, my hair swelled up and even [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] almost couldn't control the swelling. But, when it dried, my hair was soft and bouncy, with big bouncy curls and none of the usual stiffness. It feels a little cottony, again, as per usual with oil, but I can see how this would work great for someone with less porous hair than mine. I will probably use it together with my V05 again, maybe a little less next time, though. Smells nice, too. I would recommend it to someone who is not oil sensitive. No amodimethicone, though there is another -none down near the bottom of the list.
    OK, I admit it.....I'm an alias! I wasn't born with the name Honeycurls!
    :lurk: Dood, get over it; there's no time limit on lurking.

I so busy runnin' allllllll over the place and ain't nobody chasin' me! :confused5::laughing5::jocolor:
    After using the masque & leave in I have nice soft bouncy hair. I am quite impressed as the hair got tortured a bit at the hairdressers yesterday (washed twice with sulfate poo & cone is other products). Last night it felt like only an oil treatment would help it recover. Seems good today though (I did low poo prior to using it).

I also have more clumping then normal!

And best of all - no allergic reaction! :toothy10:
  • twoprincestwoprinces Posts: 29Registered Users
    I'm sure I've seen this in Australia! Yay! Another one to add to my list.
  • LadyChristinaLadyChristina Posts: 178Registered Users
    Feralcurls wrote: »
    After using the masque & leave in! :toothy10:

Feralcurls, what does the bottle for the maque and leave in look like? I havent found them yet.
    Hair type: Wavy- Colored Blonde - Thin - Long, almost to bra strap
    Current products:
    Jessicurl Low Poo or Sauve Coconut Co-wash-
    Loreal Nutri-Gloss Curly Formula conditioner-
    Honey (when dry)
    Nexxus Emergencee 2x month
    Curl:Re:Coil (New Holy Grail curl former...works great!)
    Gel: Deva Arc Angell

"If you can conceive it, and believe it, you will achieve it"

:wave:
  • hadtochangemynamehadtochangemyname Posts: 628Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was at Target and looked at these. All but one of them had the A-cone in it, at least there anyway.

So I bought the one without the A-cone. tried it today. Now my hair is (I think?) overconditioned (really soft, really poofy, no clumping?). I fully rinsed it out and didn't use my usual leave-in ([buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink]), so I don't know whats up with that.

I was really hoping this have as much slip as [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Knot-Today-p-207.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-knot-today-leaveindetangler]KCKT[/buylink], which is the only thing I can put in my hair and then get a comb through it after I get out of the shower, but no go for me. :( It was still tangly and felt dry.
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]
    [/FONT]
    The masque is in a tub. It is usually in all supermarkets that carry the range. Costs aus$10.

The leave-in is in a bottle similar to the Garnier leave-ins. Have only seen it in chemists/price line type shops. Also $10 (i think).

Co-washed today with it and found it a little bit thick for that. Not sure how my scalp would react to co-washing with it all the time but I am very allergic.

Big clumps again. Am looking forward to seeing what happens when I get a chance to 'do' my hair. So far I have used it on days were I have washed and then bolted out into the wind etc.

Not finding the detangling in the shower quite as good as others but I am comparing it to Biolage Conditioning Balm which is a super product. But I have been outside running around and it is not too tangley now.
    I actually have third day hair today. I was worried I'd have to co-wash/condition this morning but the curls were still fine... Although I think I'd definitely have to do it tomorrow... And I still think it's because of the Nutri Gloss!

I wish I'd found this website about 10 years ago - I'd have saved my hair a lot of damage (and saved myself a lot of money) from all the blow-drying/ straightening/ ironing/ etc!
  • TrixieTrixie Posts: 260Registered Users
    I finally broke down and got it! I tried it for the first time today and WOW, my hair actually clumped more AND I have never gotten this much shine in my hair without using a honey rinse. Thanks for finding this BB!
    Somewhere between a 2b/c and a 3a

Current product favorites
    Cleansers: Giovanni TTTT shampoo, Deva No-Poo, Tresemme Naturals Moisturizing Conditioner
    Conditioners: Tigi Moisture Maniac, Yes to Cucumbers, GVP Conditioning Balm, AOHR
    Stylers/Gels: KCCC, SS CEJ and FHG, AOMM, BRHG, LA Looks Sport Gel, Lustrasilk (winter), Pink Boots (winter)
    Henna glosses!
    Woot!!! :blob:

So glad I was able to help so many people by stumbling across this one. I know many times something that works so well for my hair might only work for a few other people (it almost always works for franfaircloth! *lol*). It's great that this is one of those things that seems to work for a lot of people!
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights