L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner - I might be in love!

1789101113»

Comments

• bettinflabettinfla Posts: 389Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Checked Walgreens today in Fl --they didn't have the CG one, but I did pick up the buy one get one free Got To Be Mousse everyone is raving bout -- two for $5.99 can't beat it if it works great, if not, not a big $ output.
    Homemade FSG, CK, KCCC and BRHG. Co wash w/Suave, or soap bars (occasionally) or Come Clean (Kinky Curly).
  • mpgirlmpgirl Posts: 1,163Registered Users
    I found mine at Albertson's in Largo, FL. I've not found it anywhere else. Everyone carries the cone-laden one!
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

• loewinloewin Posts: 246Registered Users
    For the Fla. curlies I got my bottle from Sweetbay... That was like a month ago tho.
    Very basic hair wiki :sign9:
    http://curlyhairwiki.wetpaint.com/
    In depth wikis :sign9:
    http://curlyhair.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

http://curltalk.net:8080/web/guest/wiki;jsessionid=56628865A9EAD858B89DF7BC9CB6D285

2b/3a medium/coarse semi-porous/iii
    White Rain Ocean Mist GVP conditioning balm. Bioterra/LA Looks. Air dry. SOTC w/LOOB..I think its my first HG. :love1:
    Experimenting with homemade recipes.:happy5:
  • WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Posts: 780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I haven't kept up with all of the pages of this thread. Is it correct that the old version of this was cone free but now the newest version has cones?

If so, did the look of the bottle change too or just the ingredients list?

Deciding between this and the Garniers that are now cone-free.
  • likethegumlikethegum Posts: 494Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    A quick question...

I went out to pick some of this up, and there are a couple of varieties in my local drugstore. One is in a bottle, the other is in a tube. The bottle one has the a-cone in it, and the tube one has no cones. I believe the tube is a deep treatment. Do you guys have both? If so, which one is the one that is being raved about in this thread? I'm dying to try it!
    3b/3a - CG since 04-30-2009
    fine texture, med porosity
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Co-wash:
    GTTT, Live Clean, EO Sweet Orange
    Condish: Calia, AO Rosa Mosqueta/White Camellia/Honeysuckle Rose/Island Naturals/GPB, ABBA Pure Gentle, Desert Essence Shea Butter
    DT: Usually just use one of my richer conditioners, sometimes add oils or honey
    Gels: Homemade FSG!!!, Druide, BRHG, Alba Soft Hold Style Cream,
    AOMM

experimenting with: honey, agave, oils, butters, ACV, Curls Milkshake, more conditioners

• karamelsutra.73karamelsutra.73 Posts: 24Registered Users
    I haven't been able to find this at any of the stores I have previously bought it at for months!!! I am getting desperate!! I still love it.

Please tell me they haven't changed the formula!!!
    Kara in Chicago
    Figuring out this CG stuff... sort of!
    Big Chop on 10-14-09!! Donating hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. Hope that someone likes my curly hair as much as I do!
    Mom to a curly-headed almost 2 year old!

Currently: No Poo, occasional Kathy Mack soap bars (LOVE them!), Deva products, L'Oreal Nutri Vive Pro Gloss, and honey.
    Stylers: Curl Keeper (only works in winter), Deva gel, HESMU, and KCCC. And some other stuff that I don't remember now!!

• Sleepy OwlSleepy Owl Posts: 105Registered Users
    I got this today at Ulta. I haven't read the whole thread, but here are the ingredients the ulta site has...

Ingredients
    Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Palm Oil, Glycerin, Stearmidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Jojoba Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Myristyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine, Dihydrochloride, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Preotein, Red No. 33.

The bottle I have is almost the same, but it doesn't have the Myristyl Alcohol listed.

I am pretty sure this is the CG one.
    Please tell me none of those things are cones in disguise. :?

I will be trying tomorrow. Hope I like it half as much as you all seem to. :)
    Laura
    2bc f/ii highly porous hair
    CG since Aug '06 ~ (mostly ;) )
    Fotki updated 6-30-09
  • tinahtinah Posts: 1,195Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sleepy Owl wrote: »
    I got this today at Ulta. I haven't read the whole thread, but here are the ingredients the ulta site has...

Ingredients
    Water, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Palm Oil, Glycerin, Stearmidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance, Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Jojoba Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Myristyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine, Dihydrochloride, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Preotein, Red No. 33.

The bottle I have is almost the same, but it doesn't have the Myristyl Alcohol listed.

I thought this conditioner had protein in it. It is listed as something else?
    CG - 3/27/09
    3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
    Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
    Styling: lube and BRHG
  • mpgirlmpgirl Posts: 1,163Registered Users
    tinah wrote: »

Ingredients

Anything hydrolized is a protein.
    3b spirals, fine texture, normal porosity, dense
    Picasa:
    Link
    Deva Low Poo
    Suave Naturals Coconut for detangling
    Renpure Organics conditioner/leave-in
    Homemade FSG
    KCCC
    Curl Junkie Stuff
    BRHG

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect. -wabi-sabi

• Sleepy OwlSleepy Owl Posts: 105Registered Users
    tinah wrote: »

Ingredients

The second to last ingredient is a protein. They just spelled it wrong I guess (I just copied and pasted). It is spelled right on my bottle. :)
    Maybe some of the other ingredients are proteins too?
    Laura
    2bc f/ii highly porous hair
    CG since Aug '06 ~ (mostly ;) )
    Fotki updated 6-30-09
  • tinahtinah Posts: 1,195Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ah...I see. I was under the impression that it was pretty heavy on the protein but I guess not. Hmmm...maybe i should look for this.
    CG - 3/27/09
    3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
    Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
    Styling: lube and BRHG
  • 1001waves1001waves Posts: 73Registered Users Curl Novice
    I am in Northern VA, and I bought LVPNG recently at Rite-Aid. I also saw it at Bed, Bath and Beyond last weekend. This conditioner is great to my hair as my rinse out, but I am not partial to the smell, If I use it as a leave-in, I mix a bit of my co-wash (V05 Kiwi Lime) so that I don't have to deal with the strong scent.
    Cherub 2c/3a Fii,porous
    Wash:KC Come Clean
    Condition/Leave-in:Devacurl Delight
    Styling:
    AG:Recoil
    Love:protein Hate:Garnier
    Experiment:henna glossing
    Mod CG since 7/22/09
  • WiggilyhairWiggilyhair Posts: 780Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The scent was too strong for me too. Also, it weighed down my hair too much.
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users
    i used this tonight. it did smooth my hair down nicely but the scent sort of reminded me of perm when i first squeezed it out. rinsing wasn't so bad.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
  • AlexjoujouAlexjoujou Posts: 2,364Registered Users
    empressri wrote: »
    i used this tonight. it did smooth my hair down nicely but the scent sort of reminded me of perm when i first squeezed it out. rinsing wasn't so bad.

Yes exactly! That's what it smells like to me..very chemically..like the home perms for me in the 70's!

I gave it to another curly--it worked o.k...nothing fabulous but the smell was unappealing in a major way. For some reason for my daughter it didn't have a lot of slip an we need that for her hair.
    FIA 2c/3aFi

Done experimenting! Loving Spiral Solutions products!

Blog: http://thewavytales.blogspot.com/
  • WurlyLoxWurlyLox Posts: 4,858Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't like it as a conditioner, but it's perfect as a base for my henna glosses - doesn't seep liquid from under the processing cap like everything else has. I don't have to blot or use cotton roping at all. I use about two thirds of a bottle every time I do a gloss, so I keep an eye out for it all the time. RiteAid's the only place I ever see it anymore.

I can't stand the smell, even a couple of days after using it. I don't think it smells like a perm really, I just don't like it. Even without that, I just don't think it's much of a conditioner, personally.
    2C/3A/3B - modified CG - fairly fine now, normal/low porosity/normal elasticity

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • rmiro13rmiro13 Posts: 63Registered Users
    I've noticed that I get better clumping from the LVPNG than from any other conditioner that I use as a leave-in. I think it's because it's on the thick & creamy side and not slick/slippery.

I wish they'd make something like it without the protein because it tends to become an issue if I use it too much. I haven't been able to find anything with a similar texture but w/o protein.
    3b
    www.fotki.com/rmiro13 (PW: goodcurls)
    CG since January 2006
  • comebackcurliescomebackcurlies Posts: 1Registered Users
    Has anyone else noticed that Walmart no longer carries the L'oreal Vive Pro line? I'm just wondering if it's just my Walmart or all Walmarts. I love that big fat bottle, and don't want to buy the little puny ones at rite-aid :)
  • JessinessJessiness Posts: 64Registered Users
    It's officially been discontinued. :(
    I emailed L'Oreal just to make sure and the confirmed it.

Thank you for your interest in Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Conditioner.

We are sorry to tell you that the shade "curly - wavy" has been discontinued and is no longer available

While we do not have an exact replacement for this product, to learn more about some of our current products visit our website again at www.lorealparisusa.com. We frequently introduce new, exciting products so be sure to visit our site regularly.

We hope you will find another product that you like equally as well.

:dontknow:
    2C/3A, fine, normal-high porosity, medium texture

Low Poo
    - Cristophe Beverly Hills Purely Natural Daily Shampoo
    Co-Wash- Suave Naturals Coconut (sometimes used as a leave-in)
    Condish- LVPNG
    Leave-ins- KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut, Garnier Sleek & Shine
    Gels- Aldi Shique Gel, LA Looks Sport,
    Enhancer- KCCC

• MirCurlsMirCurls Posts: 2,660Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't know if BB is going to continue to make her smoothie conditioner, but the whole point of her creating it was to provide an equivalent of LVPNG.

She sent me a sample when I placed my first order a few months back and it's quite good (though not as cheap as LVPNG, natch, being homemade and all and customizable scent-wise).

This is what she said about it:

Smoothie - a nourishing and detangling conditioner that doubles as both a rinse out and a leave in. My goal when creating this was to replace LVPNG for those curlies who could no longer find it in their area, and then make it as close to all-natural as I possibly could. Silicone and sulfate free, protein and glycerine free, and completely CG as it won't build up on your hair. You choose the scent.

Maybe someone already posted this on this thread, and if so, SORRY for repeating. :)
    3a3b
    Natural since 11/25/09
    Then: fine, superdry, non-elastic, porous
    Now: medium, dry, elastic, lower porosity, BSL

Curl Junkie Conditions!
    Eden BW Cleansing Condish Rocks!

~CJ Protein Tx
    ; BEE-U-Ti-Ful Deep Condish
    ~SMasters Method; Pixie-curling
    Dumped clumps for VOLUME!

Marchioness Mir, Magister of Moisturization & Mystic of the Lofty Crown in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • LadyChristinaLadyChristina Posts: 178Registered Users
    Has anyone else noticed that Walmart no longer carries the L'oreal Vive Pro line? I'm just wondering if it's just my Walmart or all Walmarts. I love that big fat bottle, and don't want to buy the little puny ones at rite-aid :)
    mine either. at lease they dont have the "
    Curly hair" conditioner. I get mine at Ulta, which they tend to have on sale often for $2.99.
    Hair type: Wavy- Colored Blonde - Thin - Long, almost to bra strap
    Current products:
    Jessicurl Low Poo or Sauve Coconut Co-wash-
    Loreal Nutri-Gloss Curly Formula conditioner-
    Honey (when dry)
    Nexxus Emergencee 2x month
    Curl:Re:Coil (New Holy Grail curl former...works great!)
    Gel: Deva Arc Angell

"If you can conceive it, and believe it, you will achieve it"

:wave:
  • JessinessJessiness Posts: 64Registered Users
    Yeah, I think I'll try BB's Smoothie. I saw it a while ago and was interested but I could still get LVPNG at Ulta then, so I didn't try it. :(

Kinda sucks though, I loved LVPNG not only because it was a good condish but because it was cheap and no shipping :/ Luckily I just got the Yes to Cucumbers conditioner at Target and it's given me good results. Might be worth looking into if you need a new conditioner!
    2C/3A, fine, normal-high porosity, medium texture

Low Poo
    - Cristophe Beverly Hills Purely Natural Daily Shampoo
    Co-Wash- Suave Naturals Coconut (sometimes used as a leave-in)
    Condish- LVPNG
    Leave-ins- KCKT, Suave Naturals Coconut, Garnier Sleek & Shine
    Gels- Aldi Shique Gel, LA Looks Sport,
    Enhancer- KCCC

Any LVNPG that you find anywhere is just unused stock that hasn't sold yet because L'Oreal has discontinued it - it's no longer on their own site at all. For a while when it started becoming hard to find locally, they still had it there but no more.

Current Main Rotation: MG217 medicated or Aim2Health 'poos for scalp, Elucence cond., Spiral Solutions Protein & Deeply Decadent Cond., CJCCCC reg or lite,CJ Pattern Pusha,, Giovanni LA Hold Hair Spritz + lots more, sporadically

HG Method: Super Soaker + Smasters-ing, brief upside down diffusing w/360o diffuser then clips/clamps & air dry. Newly gray - stopped my henna glosses!

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • lizzlebelizzlelizzlebelizzle Posts: 287Registered Users
    LVPNG, we hardly knew ye. :cry:

It's now gone the way of that Suave Aloe Gel...
  • marinacurlzmarinacurlz Posts: 1,720Registered Users
    I saw some today at Walgreens. I used it a year or two ago, i can't remember if I liked it or not. They had two different labels, same product though, cone free and all.
    http://public.fotki.com/TLGuerrero/

password: curly

3B w/3A underneath

Medium texture
    Average porosity

Crazy-picky hair; likes some oils and proteins, but not others, can tolerate some glycerin.

Current products-
    Co-wash: Suave/Vo5/TJ Refresh
    Rinse out & Leave in: Suave Tropical Coconut/Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Gel: Herbal Essences Set Me Up/Aussie Tizz No Frizz
  • rmiro13rmiro13 Posts: 63Registered Users
    I saw LVPNG on the L'oreal web site today, but I'm having a horrible time finding it anywhere. I was at Ulta over the weekend, and they told me they weren't carrying it anymore in order to make space for the new L'oreal sulfate free stuff.

I'm not very good at reading ingredient lists. Some of what's on the sulfate-free conditioners look similar to the LVPNG ingredients. Can someone who's good at it take a look?

My hair loves LVPNG. It's a sad day. :-(
    3b
    www.fotki.com/rmiro13 (PW: goodcurls)
    CG since January 2006
    Hmm, weird. It wasn't on the site any more when I checked the other day.

www.fotki.com/auntnett
  • FacelessMageFacelessMage Posts: 38Registered Users
    I bought a couple of bottles of the old cone-free one that were on clearance at the drugstore today. I'll have to try this out tonight.
    3b/fine/normal porosity

Loo-poo: LiveClean Purple Jewel Shampoo (2-3 times a week)
    Rinse Out Conditioner: GF Triple Nutrition
    Leave-in: LiveClean Intense Moisturizing Leave In Conditioner
    Styling: GF Pure Clean Smoothing Cream

Sulfate-free since November 2009!!
  • LadyChristinaLadyChristina Posts: 178Registered Users
    This stuff is AWOL. no way to find it anymore. Im a sad n mad curly today. anyone have any similar replacements? Besides BB's crazy expensive stuff?
    Hair type: Wavy- Colored Blonde - Thin - Long, almost to bra strap
    Current products:
    Jessicurl Low Poo or Sauve Coconut Co-wash-
    Loreal Nutri-Gloss Curly Formula conditioner-
    Honey (when dry)
    Nexxus Emergencee 2x month
    Curl:Re:Coil (New Holy Grail curl former...works great!)
    Gel: Deva Arc Angell

"If you can conceive it, and believe it, you will achieve it"

:wave:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file