L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner - I might be in love!

Comments

• mongusmongus Posts: 6Registered Users
    FYI: for anyone looking for L'Oreal poos/conditioners/styling products, I stopped at Kroger on the way home last night. They have ALL of the Vive Pro products on sale 2 for $6. Unfortunately for me, after checking this thread again this morning, I picked up the wrong LVPNG conditioner! My Kroger only had two variations for med/long hair: one for damaged hair, and one for fine & thin (both with amodethicone.) Didn't see the curly hair one anywhere....darn! But it DID make my hair nice and soft today. If you don't have issues with cones, it is probably worth picking up. :)

I live in the DFW area, so I don't know what other areas are having this sale...
    3A, fine/thin, normal porosity (I think!) Trying to get my hair all back to one length...looks better short IMO, but trying to grow it out longer.

Currently using:
    DevaCurl Low-Poo (almost gone!)
    Aussie 3MM conditioner

Trying:
    L'Oreal VPNG conditioner
    L'Oreal Glossy Curls mousse
  • redstormredstorm Posts: 1Registered Users
    Botticeli Babe,
    I am new to this site. Started yesterday. What products do you use in your hair? You mentioned KY....anything else?

Thanks
  • Laura LeeLaura Lee Posts: 1,828Registered Users
    redstorm wrote: »
    Botticeli Babe,
    I am new to this site. Started yesterday. What products do you use in your hair? You mentioned KY....anything else?

Thanks

The products she uses are in her signature :) I'm answering for her because I haven't seen her online in the last couple of days.
    http://www.dormroomcurly.blogspot.com

www.twitter.com/dormroomcurly

Fine/thin 2c/3a, Low-Medium Porosity, Dry!
  • melaniesusanmelaniesusan Posts: 948Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    flashgirl5 wrote: »

The drugstore.com one is correct, and so is the Ulta one, as far as I can tell. The correct ingredient list is:

Water (Agua), Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Glycerin, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance (Parfum), Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Myristyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein, Red 33 (CI 17200)
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
  • eryn_nicoleeryn_nicole Posts: 40Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    OK.... so i've been to 2 wal-marts in 2 different towns, and they have NO L'Oreal products... nothing!!! I need to check out CVS or walgreens, but i'm really sad, i want to try it BAD!!! And reading this whole thread didn't help either! lol

Any word on what the deal-e-o is on this fabulous stuff?? Are they discontinuing it or just changing the bottling or something... ??? Thanks for any info! :tongue3:
    2b/c (i think) colored long & thick
    New to trying CG (tiny bit modified, so far)
    "The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears" ~Arabian Proverb
    barrel.gif
  • cara4artcara4art Posts: 34Registered Users
    Boy, I've had the devil of a time finding this around here, in SF. The only place I've seen it is at a local small Long's drugstore, which I don't want to shop at as people have been picketing them for months. Walgreen's doesn't have it, and Rite-Aid doesn't either. We don't have CVS or Ulta here either. Even the Rite-Aid is going out of business in SF - their 7 store locations will be taken over by Walgreen's. Bummer, because Rite-Aid had a bigger selection of beauty stuff.
  • BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    redstorm wrote: »
    Botticeli Babe,

Thanks

Thank you Laura Lee! Yeah, I've been kinda busy lately, and rarely get to check (or post on!) the boards like I used to. Thank you all for that!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

But yeah - what Laura Lee said - everything I currently use is in my signature, and rarely changes anymore. I do plan to try a new South of France bar when my first (yes, still the SAME BAR) one runs out, and I have the lime basil one for summer. Although, I haven't been using LVPNG as much simply because I don't want to use up my stockpile if they do discontinue the cone free formula.

Which, I must say, I find it odd that my small-town WalMart ALWAYS has LVPNG in the medium to long hair that's wavy/curly formula, and it's always $3.47. I wonder if they always will, or if they are just slow on the uptake because they are a smaller town on the far outskirts of a metropolitan area. I dunno for sure! :dontknow:
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
  • SephirothsChild15SephirothsChild15 Posts: 208Registered Users
    Curisoity has me,

I was looking through the forums and found this:

Octyldodecanol EUROPEAN PHARMACOPOEIA 5.0
    Solubility : practically insoluble in water

That's pretty high up on the ingredient list. Are we sure its okay?

I've been having build up, so I wonder...
    :love7: I'm starting to love my hair :love7:

WARNING: I come with spelling errors.

:blob5:Loving the IceQueen Method

:salute:The biggest fight that we will never win, is the one with out hair.

• CurlzillaCurlzilla Posts: 59Registered Users
    I just used this for the last few days and this makes my hair feel like heaven! Probably the best detangler I have ever used and I stay untangled all day! Is it still agreed that this is CG safe? It just gives so much more slip than any of the other conefree conditioners I have tried recently. Without cones I am noticing that the comb is always catching in my hair when its wet but it slides through effortless with this stuff in. I sure hope it's CG!
    REGIME
    Poos and Cleansers: KathyMac soap bars, Giovanni Tea Tree Conditioner, Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo, BB Curl Cleansing Conditioner, V05 Strawberry Cream

Deep Condition Treatments: CJ Deep Fix, Jessicurl OShea

Rinse Out Conditioner: Trader Joe Nourish, Giovanni 50/50, Biolage Conditioning Balm, LVPNG (I LOVE this stuff)

Leave-in: Giovanni Direct Leave In, KBB Nectar, KCKT

Styling: I heart KCCC, CJ Coco Curly Cream, Komaza Curly Pudding, Boots, Garnier Fructis Spray Gel
  • Lil'curlsLil'curls Posts: 275Registered Users
    Did they discontinue this stuff. I could not find it anywhere, and I see others are having some trouble finding it as well. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll be so mad if I finally find something that works to find it's discontinued.
    Teenage curly with 3a-3b course curls
    Shampoo: DCLP
    Rinse Out: GVP conditioning balm in winter. Devacurl One Condition in Summer
    Co Wash: Suave
    Styler: LA Looks Curl Gel
    Leave in: Devacurl One Condition

event.png

• onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    I'm not a fan of this stuff, but I know I'd feel plenty devestated if my favorite thing got discontinued (or looked that way, at least).

Apparently you can still find it online, so if you seriously love it, S&H won't be too painful for a product that starts cheap.

Drugstore.com, Harmon, Ulta, CVS, Walgreens, and Duane Reade all have websites where you can buy it and have it shipped.

Hope that helps.
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
  • kivrinkivrin Posts: 1Registered Users
    Lil'curls wrote: »
    Did they discontinue this stuff. I could not find it anywhere, and I see others are having some trouble finding it as well. I haven't tried it yet, but I'll be so mad if I finally find something that works to find it's discontinued.

I've been all over town the last week looking for it, and the absolute only place I can find the "for curly/wavy" kind is at HEB grocery stores. My neighborhood one actually has a larger shampoo/condish aisle than Walgreens/CVS/Walmart/Target.
    I found a whole big stash of it at my drug store. I tried it today, and it did nothing spectacular for me, but maybe I should not be using protein but I have to try it out again to see.

I hope all of you who use this can find it easier in your stores again soon.

event.png

• deletedelete Posts: 815Registered Users
    I can't find it anywhere anymore and it's making me sad.

I've tried Rite Aid, Wal Mart, Target, Meijer, Walgreens...it's just gone.

I bought the L'oreal glossy condish for fine hair as a substitute. Bad idea. It makes your hair shiny...and feel like straw.

• Curly AllyCurly Ally Posts: 34Registered Users
    I'm so disappointed this product didn't work for me... I have no curl definition and lots of frizzies. I think it must be the protein (?). Its a shame because it gets rid of all the tangles and its such a good price.

Darn... :(

I'm new to CG and my hair is still very dry... I'm wondering if that's the problem? Maybe it will get better as my hair gets more moisturized...?
    My hair loooves moisture! Protein and my hair do not get along... they recently had a falling out. :laughing9: Just kidding, thankfully!

CONDISH: Suave Apple
    GEL: Tresemme Bouncy Curls
    MIRACLE PRODUCT: Aloe Vera Gel

I'm a Drugstore Diva! ;-)
    Curly Ally wrote: »
    I'm so disappointed this product didn't work for me... I have no curl definition and lots of frizzies. I think it must be the protein (?). Its a shame because it gets rid of all the tangles and its such a good price. Darn... :(

For me, it's just the right amount of protein and moisture to use on a regular basis. But I do alternate it with another conditioner that is much more moisturizing and has no protein (EO Rose and Chamomile) and occasionally a DT (KBB moisture mask). My hair is 3A, fine, and normal (not dry) so I can't use a heavy conditioner all the time. Prior to LVPNG I was using Giovanni 50/50 as my regular rinse-out. I switched because LVPNG detangles better and keeps me from losing a lot of hair in the shower.

So maybe you're either already protein saturated or on the dry side, and need to compensate with more moisture before LVPNG will work for you? (Unless you're one of those people who needs a heavier conditioner like AOHR all the time.)

Just a suggestion before you relegate it to the swap board. :blob8:
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    So maybe you're either already protein saturated or on the dry side, and need to compensate with more moisture before LVPNG will work for you?

Thanks for the advice Melanie!

I think its a little bit of both. In general, I have very dry hair and it was made worse by my hair straightening past. Also, I did a egg/oo/mayo/conditioner treatment yesterday (which worked amazingly!) so maybe my hair has enough protein. I'll try a protein-free conditioner this week to see if that helps... and try LVPNG again next week.

Thanks again, I'm still learning :blob8:
    My hair loooves moisture! Protein and my hair do not get along... they recently had a falling out. :laughing9: Just kidding, thankfully!

• EarthyCurlsEarthyCurls Posts: 495Registered Users
    funny, my small town rite aid has it all the time!
    Curly Ally wrote: »
    ...In general, I have very dry hair and it was made worse by my hair straightening past...I'll try a protein-free conditioner this week to see if that helps... and try LVPNG again next week.

If that doesn't work, I'm sure you'll have no problem swapping it for something you prefer on the swap board. Many people love it but are unable to find it in their local stores.

Also, for more moisture and less protein, check out EO Rose and Chamomile. It's fabulous and a great detangler:

EO Nourishing Conditioner for Dry or Treated Hair (Rose and Chamomile) Ingredients: EO Organic Herbal Blend [Purified Water, Organic Chamomile* (Matricaria Recutita), Organic Aloe Vera* (Aloe Barbadensis), Organic Calendula* (Calendula Officinalis), Organic White Tea* (Camellia Sinensis), Organic Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra) Root*, Organic Comfrey* (Symphytum Officinale), Organic Marshmallow* (Althaea Officinalis), and Organic Dandelion* (Taraxacum Officinale)], Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol (and) Polysorbate 60, Behenalkonium Chloride (and) Cetyl Alcohol, EO Essential Oil Blend, Safflower (Carthamnus Tinctorius) Oil, Amino Acids, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate.*Certified Organic
    Thanks for the advice, I'll keep an eye out for it! :eye:

• Jennalynn20Jennalynn20 Posts: 27Registered Users
    I had a hard time finding this too! I finally found some at Jewel on clearance, and will definitely be trying it out tomorrow morning. :icon_smile:
    2C-ish, medium texture, medium-high porosity.
    Modified CG since March '09!

Cowash/Low-Poo- Suave Naturals Coconut, Giovanni 50:50, Kinky Curly Come Clean
    Condish- Biolage/GVP Conditioning Balm, LVPNG, Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Styling- KMS Curlup balm, KCCC, BRHG, HETT gel/mousse

:hippy2:Proud Vegetarian!
  • izzytartizzytart Posts: 88Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm curious if there are any other Really Un-Porous curlies out there using this successfully because this product does nothing for me but make my hair feel coated in slime as soon as it hits my head in the shower. :sad:

I have tried it five or six times now and tonight had to do an ACV rinse as soon as I tried it - I just couldn't stand the feel of my hair. I handed the bottle to the BF who seems to like it better than I. I know that his hair is pretty close to average on the porosity scale, which makes it more porous than mine, which got me thinking: Is it the fact that my hair is so extremely un-porous that makes this product so ineffective for me?

Are there other un-porous curlies out there who are having success with this?

Curious,
    "when I sleep, my curls crush flat, like a slinky that's slopped sideways"
    Gone 'girly. Last 'poo 10/18/08
    Current experiment is Co-Wash and Condition: V05 kiwi lime clarifying conditioner
    Then KBB super silky, KCCC, then L'Oreal Melting Gel with a bit of GF Super Stiff mixed in.
    Pre-toweling, post-toweling, pre-plop and post-plop. The jury is not out on the plopping thing. I think my hair is too fine.
    fine / non-porous / thin aka 3"abba" / oh so Fine / just barely ii
  • curlykristencurlykristen Posts: 113Registered Users
    For anyone that has an Ulta store nearby, all the L'oreal Vive Pro shampoos and conditioners are on sale buy one get one free, and they DO have the right one, with no cones. But, if you live in the Boston area, don't go to the Everett Ulta, because I bought them all! :toothy8:
    Mostly 3A, some 3B/2C fine-med texture/med porosity/low density

wash: alternate co-washing with V05 & soap bars
    Rinse out: Rotate TJ's N&S, AOHR, LVPNG, GVP K-Pak, CJ CA Daily Condish
    ACV rinses 2x/wk (high pH water)
    LI: if I use one, it's usually CJ CALI CJ H&B LI, or GDLI
    Styling: FSG with AVG, AN, hemp seed oil & slippery elm (winter only), KCCC, CJ CCCC, CJ SG, CJ AFG, AOMM & BRHG

Currently experimenting w/DM Miracurls CG & MM
    I had poor results with this product, and I think it was because I used it after a protein DT. I'll give it one more try once I protein detox a bit...

I heard this product has a lot of protein, but can only see one protein - Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein - and its all the way at the end of the ingredient list. Is there another protein I'm missing?

Water (Agua), Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Glycerin, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance (Parfum), Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Myristyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein, Red 33 (CI 17200)

Do we know if this product is discontinued? I can't find it!

*bump*

• sarahthewarriorsarahthewarrior Posts: 252Registered Users

I'm still seeing it at Rite Aid and Meijer. I'm not usually looking for it, though. :dontknow:
    Fine but dense 3B: naturally red, naturally curly
    CG since July 8, 2008!
    Co-Wash: Suave Wild Cherry Blossom Conditioner
    Rinse-Out: Giovanni TTTT Conditioner
    Leave-In: Suave Wild Cherry Blossom Conditioner
    Products: Clairol 3-in-1 Condition mousse with L.A. Looks Sport gel
    Fotki pw: curls Updated 9-4-09
    I've been using this products more regularly now, and I'm starting to see some great results with it!

event.png

• coxplus2coxplus2 Posts: 181Registered Users

I can't find it either, and mine's almost gone! :crybaby:
    Somewhere between a 2c & 3a
    Liking:
    -Suave Naturals or VO5 (co-wash)
    -GVP Conditioning Balm (conditioner)
    -L'Oreal Vive Pro Nutrigloss (conditioner)
    -Giovanni Direct Leave-in or GVP Conditioning Balm as leave-in
    -Flax seed gel (my favorite right now)
    -KCCC
    -Biotera Gel
    -HETT mousse
    I have bangs now, and I love 'em!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file