L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss conditioner - I might be in love!

Comments

• CurlayGirlayCurlayGirlay Posts: 240Registered Users
    If you can't find it at a drugstore, Ulta sells it. It is slightly more expensive (of course.)
    CG since December 22, 2008!:thumbright:
    Thick/Coarse/Porous/3a/Protein Sensitive

Luvin the Spritz and Condish method! =)
  • meriellynmeriellyn Posts: 1,135Registered Users
    I did finally find it... 10 stores later. Yeah, I was on a mission. Lol.
    2/f/i, waist length w/ long layers

http://public.fotki.com/thekittenavenger
    pwd: hair

~a wave in a sea of curls ;)
  • Boots ElectricBoots Electric Posts: 8Registered Users
    I just joined yesterday, and I am so excited to see you guys like this! I have been using this product for years!!! I use the matching shampoo as well because I don't follow the CG method and my hair isn't super thick. It doesn't dry out or weigh down my hair and smells sooo good!
  • sweetsevensweetseven Posts: 409Registered Users
    eche428 wrote: »
    sweetseven wrote: »
    I finally uploaded a pic which shows the ingredients of the l'oreal elvive nutri gloss masque (available in Europe).
    Could someone from the US compare the ingredients witht the American conditioner?
    I've been holding off buying this masque, since I'm not sure it will be as good as the conditioner you're all raving about.

I checked your list against my bottle and the only difference I found was the very last number F.I.L #D11203/2. I don't know what that number is so can't help you there. Otherwise the ingredients are exactly the same BUT in a very different order. Don't know if that helps you much though.

Thanks for checking! Weird how the ingredients are in different order, I wish it was identical.
    I still might give it a try once I use up some of my other conditioners.
    3B/3C
    medium/coarse and porous

wash: KC Come Clean, Flower Peddler Northern Lights soap bar
    conditioner: YTT, YTC, KCKT, Shescentit GT&H, Shescentit Avocado, DB Pumpkin Seed, Garnier Ultra Doux, Mop Top daily conditioner
    styler: KCCC, HEBE, homemade fsg, DM MCCG, AOMM
    dt: banana and avocado mask, nexxus emergencee, Shescentit TT&GH, ayurvedic powders, SS RPT
    butters: Jane Carter N&S, Afroveda Curly Custard, Afroveda Cocolatte, Shescentit Gillian, Shescentit Seyani
  • kawildskawilds Posts: 11Registered Users
    I'm new here but have been a CG or somewhat CG for years. I'm currently in the hunt for some new products and decided to try this based on this thread. Wow, it's nice. I put it on my semi tangled hair and within seconds it was smooth and silky and could finger comb it with no problem.

I used a sulfate shampoo since some of my products had contained 'cones. I've been a lazy curly girl for awhile but am trying to get back on the bandwagon but want to do it budget friendly. So far this L'Oreal is wonderful. I got so tired of buying expensive products and having them not work.

My only issue is that it makes my hair so soft that the gel I have isn't working. I used the Herbal Essences Totally Twised (I'll get the hang of the acronyms), and my curls just sagged.

Any suggestions on a finishing product? I'm right around a 2c/3a and my hair is just past my shoulders.

But otherwise, great suggestion! Thanks!
    Type...actually not sure. It looks 3A/2BC but it has some very straight fine hair with some very kinky curly coarse hair and ends up looking 3A...

CG since October 2002
    Currently using Bioterra Recondition or LPVNG
    Just made some homeade FSG and LOVE it!

Have used Jessicurl, Deva products but am on a mission to care for my hair in a budget friendly way!
  • DraakjeDraakje Posts: 161Registered Users
    eche428 wrote: »
    I checked your list against my bottle and the only difference I found was the very last number F.I.L #D11203/2. I don't know what that number is so can't help you there. Otherwise the ingredients are exactly the same BUT in a very different order. Don't know if that helps you much though.
    That number is a parfum. I guess europeans like different smells then americans.

Anyway, I have that mask, and it is really nice on the hair. Detangles like mad, eventhough I have no problem with tangles what so ever.
    2c? 3a? Mostly coarse, but LOVIN' the proteins and fighting overconditioning! My hair is just plain weird :glasses1:

LowPOO; Creme of Nature shampoo
    CO; L'Oreal Nutrigloss & AOGBP
    Other; nettle tea once a week instead of CO, JCRR, JCAS
    Stylers; KCCC, L'oreal studio line gel
    Don't like; PVP, non-vegetable glycerine

http://pscurly.blogspot.com/ <-- my very own, dutch, blog! Check it out :tongue3:
  • RicciPerfettiRicciPerfetti Posts: 45Registered Users
    I'm going to cry! :crybaby: i'm in a small town in Italy and trying deaperatly to be CG but my selection of products here is no so great and i can't afford to order online. when i saw this post about LPVNG i got so excited because i remembered having a bottle of leave in cream called nutri-gloss by l'oreal, only it's called ELVIVE instead of VIVE PRO for some season. today i ran to the store before work (people must have thought i was crazy waiting for a store to open so i could read a bottle of conditioner!!) and found out it is the one that contains a-cone :banghead: just when i thought i had found the answer to my prayers...
    :toothy9:
    3b M ii

CG Since: Dec. 16, 2008
    CO Wash: Johnson's Baby Conditioner
    DC: LVPNG Masque? + Honey (& lemon juice)
    Leave in: LVPNG cream?, homemade FSG

Occasional: ACV/honey rinse, Brown Sugar Scrub
  • mary99mary99 Posts: 52Registered Users
    I don't want to be a wet blanket or anything, but rather to cheer up those who can't find this... To me this is just conditioner. It's okay, even nice, but I wouldn't say it's really unique (for me) or a must-have. Just my two cents! :smile:
    thanks! i guess i was being a tad dramatic... i'm just frustrated in general with the sate of my hair and this seemed like the magic solution...
    3b M ii

• FeralcurlsFeralcurls Posts: 408Registered Users
    RicciPerfetti do not panic!! I am in Australia and have the same range as you. Look for the treatment masque, should be in a tub. This is CG and works very nicely.
    Feralcurls wrote: »
    RicciPerfetti do not panic!! I am in Australia and have the same range as you. Look for the treatment masque, should be in a tub. This is CG and works very nicely.

thanks! :toothy8: i'm a bit confused though. can i use the masque as a conditioner all the time? for example i do a CO wash with some other CG conditioner and then condition with the masque?

thanks so much for you help... there is hope after all! ;)
    3b M ii

• susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice

It isn't discontinued but it can be a bit tricky and frustrating to find the right bottle, especially since a lot of stores have had them on sale lately[/quote]

They changed the bottle a bit. The one for curly/wavy hair is still in the pink bottle, but the label part that shows the 'curly/wavy hair' is a sort of holographic blue. I think they just changed some of the bottles.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

• persephone5persephone5 Posts: 201Registered Users
    ugh I'm so confused. I always thought the Nutri gloss is the one everyone keeps raving about, as apposed to "Hydra" gloss. both are pink, just one is lighter.

but when I came home and looked at the ingredients, the A-cone is in it!!!!!!! is the HYDRA gloss the one without? cause the cone is pretty high on the list :-(
    old fotki that I'm gonna use as my current one: http://public.fotki.com/numbersix/
    password: funcurls

hairtype: not sure anymore. it used to be 3b. texture:medium
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    ugh I'm so confused. I always thought the Nutri gloss is the one everyone keeps raving about, as apposed to "Hydra" gloss. both are pink, just one is lighter.

but when I came home and looked at the ingredients, the A-cone is in it!!!!!!! is the HYDRA gloss the one without? cause the cone is pretty high on the list :-(

I'm no help here, but when I see your name I want to call you Percy phone...even though I know that's not the right pronunciation and once upon a time could tell you the whole story of her....but it also makes me smile every time I see it.

Back to your regularly scheduled topic.
    My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
    The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

susancnw wrote: »

I'm no help here, but when I see your name I want to call you Percy phone...even though I know that's not the right pronunciation and once upon a time could tell you the whole story of her....but it also makes me smile every time I see it.

Back to your regularly scheduled topic.

hehehe, thats okay. I've gotten that before actually. a lot of people pronounce it that way actually.
    old fotki that I'm gonna use as my current one: http://public.fotki.com/numbersix/

according to walgreens.com

VIVE PRO GLOSSY:

Water - Aqua , Cetyl Alcohol , PEG-180 , Myristyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Isopropyl Dimethylamine , Isopropyl Myristate , Fragrance - Parfum , Cetrimonium Chloride , Hydroxypropyl Starch , Phosphate , Methylparaben , Cetyl Esters , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 Methicone , Palm Oil - Elaeis Guineensis , Citric Acid , Hexyl Cinnamal , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Benzyl Salicylate , BHT , Poloxamer 407 , Dodecene , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Linalool , Hydroxycitronellal

is lauryl PEG/PPG-18/18 methiCONE all one ingredient? lol and is that a bad cone?

NUTRI-GLOSS

Water Aqua , Cetyl Alcohol , Amodimethicone , Red 33 CI 17200 , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein , Behentrimonium Chloride , Trideceth-6 , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Jojoba Seed Oil Simmondsia Chinensis , Limonene , Linalool , Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate , Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Myristyl Alcohol , Cetyl Esters , Centrimonium Chloride , Methylparaben , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , Citric Acid , Citronellol , Hexyl Cinnamal , Fragrance Parfum

3rd ingredient is Amodimethicone

and farther down, Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate, which I'm not sure is bad but it has SULFATE in it so I'm wary lol

and HYDRA GLOSS

Water - Aqua , Cetearyl Alcohol , Behentrimonium Chloride , PEG-180 , Amodimethicone , Cetyl Esters , Fragrance - Parfum , Glycerin , Methylparaben , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Olive Fruit Oil - Olea Europaea Oil , Trideceth-6 , Citric Acid , Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride , Cetrimonium Chloride , Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone , Coumarin , Safflower Glucoside , Royal Jelly/Royal Jelly Extract , Yellow 5 - CI 19140 , Yellow 6 - CI 15985

the A-cone also

*confused*

• BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I don't trust Walgreens.com anymore - they were the ones I got the original scare from when I saw amodimethicone listed, but my bottles to this day have still not had it in them. In my bottles (lighter pink, BTW - the darker pink one is volumizing, I think), behentrimonium chloride (sp?) is the second ingredient, and amodimethicone is nowhere to be found. Around here, the hydra gloss is the yellow bottle, if I remember right.
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
    I don't trust Walgreens.com anymore - they were the ones I got the original scare from when I saw amodimethicone listed, but my bottles to this day have still not had it in them. In my bottles (lighter pink, BTW - the darker pink one is volumizing, I think), behentrimonium chloride (sp?) is the second ingredient, and amodimethicone is nowhere to be found. Around here, the hydra gloss is the yellow bottle, if I remember right.

right, the yellow one is the hydra one. I misstyped earlier.

I just bought the nutri gloss and it has the A cone in it. I read it from the bottle directly. so do they have different formulas or something and if so, why???

ugh, figures I got the lousy one :-(

• melaniesusanmelaniesusan Posts: 948Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The ingredient list from the pink nutri gloss bottle sold on drugstore.com (for curly/wavy hair) does not contain the a-cone:

Water (Agua), Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Glycerin, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance (Parfum), Octyldodecanol, Methylparaben, Hydroxyethyl Cellulose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Citric Acid, Myristyl Alcohol, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Linalool, Citronellol, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein, Red 33 (CI 17200)
    hair type: 2B/3A
    low poo: Elucence moisture; Elucence clarifying (after swimming)
    condish: CJ smoothing; CJ argan; CJ repair me; CJ curl rehab
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
    summer/fall styling: CJ CCCC lite + CIAB + Curl Queen
    http://members.fotki.com/melaniesusan/ pw = 3ahair
  • eche428eche428 Posts: 2,782Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Persephone, you have to get the VIVE pro nutrigloss conditioner medium to long hair that's curly/wavy. The part I put in red bold is the thing to look for in the blue box at the bottom of the front of the bottle or in the thin blue box at the top of the back of the bottle. It's actually easier to look at the back of the bottle so the holographic blue doesn't catch the light wrong in the store and throw you off.

I wish they'd make these bottles a bit more unique from one type to the next or change the names so they're not so similar. Very confusing. I've consistently found these at Walgreens. If they don't have it on the shelf ask and they usually have it in the back.

I know that doesn't help you, Persephone, being in Italy. Good luck finding it. BTW, as someone else said this is just conditioner. If you can't find it try to find a conditioner with "good slip". For me that's all this gives. Also if you really want to find a "miracle" curl product check out all the threads on homemade Flax Seed Gel that are on this sight. I thought the VIVE pro was the miracle for me until I became sensitive to the silk protein in it and had to back off from it for a few weeks. I discovered the true miracle product for me is the FSG, lots of FSG. Now I need nothing but cheap conditioner and FSG. Fantastic curls!
    < member since 2006 (no idea where 1969 came from :toothy10:).

[FONT=&quot]Med/high porosity; color treated; med [FONT=&quot]d[/FONT]ensity 2c/3a.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summer: (high dew point) co-wash [FONT=&quot]& leave-in [/FONT]Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner for Curly Hair[FONT=&quot]. [/FONT]Ouidad Climate Control Heat & Humidity Gel.[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Spring and Fall: (perfect dew point) co-wash & leave-in Curl Junkie Repair Me! or [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]BeautiCurls Strengthening Hair Conditioner; f[FONT=&quot]ollo[/FONT]wed by [FONT=&quot]CJ Pattern Pusha & [/FONT]Curl Queen.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] W[/FONT]inter: (low dew point) add in [FONT=&quot]CJ [/FONT]Coffee-Coco Curl Creme Lite[FONT=&quot].[/FONT][/FONT]
  • FeralcurlsFeralcurls Posts: 408Registered Users
    Ricci it depends on your hair as to whether you could use the masque everyday. I could but my hair is pretty dry.

I also use the Hydra Gloss Masque. Prefer it to the Nutri Gloss. Think the Masque/treatment is CG in America too.
    thanks! i'll check it out...
    3b M ii

• Irish_carrottopIrish_carrottop Posts: 214Registered Users
    I JUST bought a bottle of this. So excited to try it tomorrow!!! Wow, I have been using Suave Naturals, and my mom had to pull out the clippers last night on a knot in my under-layers:sad2:. I'm so happy about what you said, BB, about the tangles just slipping out. AAA!!! I don't think I can wait!:!::!::!:
    I've been using LVPNG for a couple of weeks now and really love it. I thought maybe the protein in it would give me trouble, but haven't had any issues thus far. It's nice to get rid of those pesky tangles that result in massive hair loss in the shower.

BTW, I was at Ulta yesterday (in downtown Chicago) and noticed that they carry the LVPNG (for curly/wavy), so if anyone is still looking for a local retailer...check Ulta!

It's also available on the Ulta website.
    winter/spring styling: CJ Beauticurls leave-in + Curly Kinks coil jam + Ouidad mongongo oil; or CJ leave-in + SpiralSolutions CEJ & FHG
  • britney.britney. Posts: 292Registered Users
    (Hope it's okay to bump this up!)

So does this really work well as a regular conditioner? I am currently using AOHR as a regular conditioner but it seems to over-condition my hair way to easily, so I'm looking to try something else... something that is still moisturizing, but not too moisturizing like AOHR.
    2c/3a some 3b/Thick/Fine texture?/High Porosity
    Currently trying out the CG method again as of 1/3/12!

Current Routine:
    Co-wash/RO: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Low poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (when needed)
    Products: LA Looks Sports Gel and Curly Kinks Coil Jam

• BotticelliBabeBotticelliBabe Posts: 1,574Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hey Britney - I've been using this as a regular conditioner every 2-3 days since I originally posted the thread, up until the last two weeks or so. I stopped using it only because I'm testing out some other stuff right now - not because I had any problems with it. It's still my standby, and I have 5 bottles stockpiled right now! :toothy3:
    BB

35ncsigpic-vi.jpg
    http://www.BotticelliBotanicals.etsy.com
    BSL/Mid Back, thick 3a/b

Botticelli Botanicals Meringue
    Botticelli Botanicals Smoothie
    Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd w/ double avocado oil and double agave
    Botticelli Botanicals Lime in the Coconut Butter
    I've been using LVPNG for a couple of months now and absolutely love it. My hair is fine and thin, and easily gets overconditioned, so I can't use something super-moisturizing all the time. However, my hair also tangles very easily, so I need a strong detangler. This is absolutely perfect. I still can't believe it's CG. And it's cheap, too!

Occasionally, when I've needed extra moisture this winter, I've rotated in EO Rose and Chamomile, which I love but I can't use all the time (maybe because it's a bit like AOHR)? Hence, LVPNG has really become my winter staple. It's even replaced my former favorite conditioner, Giovanni 50/50, because LVPNG detangles better. It's so nice not fighting with my hair in the shower to get a comb through. I don't dread washing it any more.

thanks so much, BB, for posting this thread!
  • laurabeth33laurabeth33 Posts: 1,443Registered Users
    FYI: L'oreal's webpage is now listing ingreds (has an ingredients tab). Unfortunately, you can't highlight over them and copy/paste like on walgreens/drugstore.com, but they do appear to be kept current with new formulations.

Boy, do I appreciate when companies post their ingreds AND keep them current (grrrr Suave whose site isn't current right now and hasn't been for the last 2 month as new Professional line formulations have been hitting the market)!
    2b w/ some 3a
    product tester geek
  • ElvishThistleElvishThistle Posts: 130Registered Users
    I found a bunch of this conditioner at the dollar store not long ago. So if you can't find it, look there!
    Fine, 3a/3b
    Modified CG
    Low Poo: TJ's TTT, ACV/beer Rinses once a month or so, Soap Bars once in a while, Carols Daughter Khoret Amen shampoo
    Conditioner: AOHR, AOGPB, Suave Coconut, vo5 Kiwi, etc
    Style
    HE gels, occasional hairspray, Garnier Fructis Curl shaping gel spray, FSG when I actually make it
    Honey/AVG only in the summer

HG I fell into the craze and my hair is happy with Deva! No Poo, Angel, and one condish = awesome hair day.
    My hair loves Protein!

• CurlykeyCurlykey Posts: 1,540Registered Users Curl Novice
    I was at walmart today and got the last of the LVNG on clearance (one). They no longer have this available. The only pink bottles they now carry are for dry hair (not CG). I thought they were still going to carry this? I wonder if only certain stores will carry the CG one?? :confused: NOOOOooooo!!!!
    $5 off first order at iherb use code KEY066

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file