hair type question?

mrl234mrl234 Posts: 548Registered Users
Hey, I'm new to naturallycurly.com, and I was wondering if you could tell me what hair type this looks like to you. I think I'm a mix of 2b and 3a; I have very thick hair, but it's fine to medium in texture, and I have some waves and some curls. The very front, which is pinned back here, tends to do a really awkward flipping motion at this length and stay much straighter than the rest of my hair. The very short pieces (I'm growing out a very short haircut so the very bottom of my hair is still strangely layered while it waits for the rest of my hair to catch up...) tend to simply flip up and out. I also have a lot of frizz most days (less so today).

When my hair was longer and I shampooed and brushed it out every day, it was bushier and had much looser waves with the very occasional curl, but here's what it looks like today:

Photo47.jpg

Photo49.jpg
Sorry these are huge; I had trouble resizing while still allowing you to see the texture of my hair.

I'm slowly cutting back on shampoo frequency; my roots get really, really gross if I never shampoo and I get product build up, too. What I did to my hair today was condition it, comb it, and then scrunch it with Alterna Enzymetherapy Hemp Texturizing Glaze.

Again, it's obvious that my hair is a bit on the incoherent side, so I don't know which styling tips on the site to follow. Suggestions?
:happy10:
fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
CGish since 10-16-08
Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer :)

Comments

• eweniqueewenique Posts: 1,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair looks like a 2C - mostly wavy with some spirals. (I'm using a different hair typing system than the one on this site.)

Here is information on the CG method: http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair#_ref-0

If you want to cut out sulfate shampoo, it's very important that your hair products don't have any silicones. These are ingredients that end in 'cone, 'xane, or 'conol. Too frequent shampooing can actually lead to oily scalp as your head tries frantically to replace the natural oils that the sulfates stripped away.
    2C wavy with some spirals. CG since April 07. Medium texture and porosity.
    COs: Yes to Cucumbers
    Stylers: Miss Jessies Coily Custard, KCCC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Live Simply. Use Soap
    www.TheLatheredLamb.com
    www.EweniqueEssentials.artfire.com
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ewenique wrote: »
    Your hair looks like a 2C - mostly wavy with some spirals. (I'm using a different hair typing system than the one on this site.)

Here is information on the CG method: http://www.wikihow.com/Follow-the-Curly-Girl-Method-for-Curly-Hair#_ref-0

If you want to cut out sulfate shampoo, it's very important that your hair products don't have any silicones. These are ingredients that end in 'cone, 'xane, or 'conol. Too frequent shampooing can actually lead to oily scalp as your head tries frantically to replace the natural oils that the sulfates stripped away.
    hmm ewenique where is this mysterious typing system you're using??? Do Share!

based on this site she looka like 2b/3A 2c's here are more coarse and she looks "finer"
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    This is the different hairtyping. There's a better site that I didn't immediately find that has pictures of the different types to go along with the descriptions. But this is the verbiage anyway.

http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=8954
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • pinkglitter714pinkglitter714 Posts: 1Registered Users
    i would have to go with 3a
  • RyanneRyanne Posts: 686Registered Users
    DEL2C wrote: »
    based on this site she looka like 2b/3A 2c's here are more coarse and she looks "finer"
    I agree.
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I agree, too -- 2b/3a on the NC.com system; 2C on the Fia system.

I don't know if you've visited the thread below, but a couple of us were discussing hair that may fall into this same general area. Yours looks somewhat different, but your description sounds very similar to mine!

Here's the link; there are photos here too.

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=59372

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file