Which Robert Craig color should I order?

SkwiggSkwigg Posts: 8Registered Users
For anybody who has experience with the Robert Craig colors, I need some help. I'm sitting here looking at the color chart. Golden Chestnut seems closest to what my hair color is now (see avatar), but should I choose one even lighter than that since the RC colors only add color? Like maybe Amber or Golden Beige Blonde.

I'm puzzling. I want to touch up regrowth and cover (or at least highlight) grays without going darker. I have a few salon highlights left and I'm good with them peeking out of the allover color. They add some dimension. So, I want to make sure I don't go TOO dark and really obliterate them.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Comments

• CaliforniaWavyCaliforniaWavy Posts: 158Registered Users
    I just recently colored my hair with Robert Craig for the first time. I was really happy with it. I would suggest that you use their "Ask Karin" feature on their website. She is very prompt and knowledgeable about their haircolors. Just be sure to tell her as many details about your hair and what you want to achieve. She gave me a recommendation to mix two shades and leave on for a shorter amount of time since my hair was colored/highlighted. It came out great. The highlights just barely peek through and give it dimension, as you mentioned. My hair, however, is MUCH darker than yours so I can't suggest much in terms of color but I would definitely choose lighter than you think you need. It's much easier to go darker than lighter. Good luck and let us all know how it turns out if you do it!
    Mod CG since 9/08
    2b/2c Thick Hair
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/CaliforniaWavy/

pw: wavy

Currently using:
    Wash/Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut, Giovanni TTT, Elucence MB
    Conditioner: Kenra Moisturizing, Generic Biolage Balm
    Deep Treatment: Jessicurl WDT or GVP mixed with olive oil
    Styling faves: Giovanni DLI, KBB products, Boots, MOP Curl Cream, KCCC, HEBE
    Current Color: Salon highlights

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You are right in looking to order a lighter shade. If your hair is closest to Golden Chestnut, then I would recommend you go with either #18 Golden Blonde or #19 Light Golden Blonde. These won't get too dark on you if you do a strand test first. This should blend your grays into highlights too. :) It's better to start with a much lighter color, you can always go darker more easily by choosing a darker color or just leaving it on longer.

If you try it, let us know how it comes out. Do the strand test and report back. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file