Blue Black Hair?

TwoMoonsTwoMoons Posts: 754Registered Users
I want to have blue black hair and I want to use henna and/or indigo. How do I go about doing this?
:coffee::bunny::cat::headbang:OTAKU 4 LIFE!!!!

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.”

I <3 Cats!

Comments

• MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    have you looked at hennaforhair.com? they have a lot of mixing suggestions/combinations for all variations of colors.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • TwoMoonsTwoMoons Posts: 754Registered Users
    MimsTX wrote: »
    have you looked at hennaforhair.com? they have a lot of mixing suggestions/combinations for all variations of colors.

I've read it now. Thank you for the site! Would it be OK if I mixed a little bit of Manic Panic's After Midnight Blue with it?
    :coffee::bunny::cat::headbang:OTAKU 4 LIFE!!!!

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.”

I <3 Cats!
  • MimsTXMimsTX Posts: 3,482Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm not certain what henna would do if mixed with commercial dye like that. I know you can put it OVER commercial dye, and you can use commercial dye AFTER henna...

just to be safe, it might be better to use the Manic Panic after you do the henna or indigo.
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • bunniee23bunniee23 Posts: 228Registered Users
    TwoMoons wrote: »
    MimsTX wrote: »

I've read it now. Thank you for the site! Would it be OK if I mixed a little bit of Manic Panic's After Midnight Blue with it?

I have done this, and it worked fine. I just added the manic panic to my henna/indigo mix. Next time I might henna first, then do indigo + manic panic for a darker shade.

I don't know if it's truly possible to get blue black with henna and indigo. My hair has multiple layers of henna, so even with indigo on top some red always comes through.
    Type 2b. Wash: WEN pomegranate or fig. Leave-in conditioner: Alaffia beautiful curls for wavy hair, Spiral Solutions Protein spray. Style: Curls In A Bottle, Ecostyler, or KCCC.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file