CurlTalk

favorite finishing products???

TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Posts: 374Registered Users
anyone have a favorite finishing product? a pomade? gel? butter? cream? something that doesn't get crunchy or make more frizz!
Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

:angel5::angel5:
for the love of the lens...

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fanimafoto.smugmug.com%2F" class="Popup

www.animafoto.wordpress.com

Comments

• CurlyHairedFarmerCurlyHairedFarmer Posts: 3,073Registered Users
    Africas Best Herbal Oil to scrunch the crunch.
    Currently Loving:
    Shampoo: Giovanni 50:50

Conditioners - CJ Strengthening, CJ Beauticurls Argan and Olive Oil, CJ Rehab, CJ Curl Fix

Leave-in: CJ Smoothing

Deep Conditioner: CJ Hibiscus and Banana Deep Fix

Stylers - Tigi Curls Rock Amplifier, AG:Recoil, KCCC, Mop-C Curling Cream, Paul Mitchell Sculpting foam
  • amy51373amy51373 Posts: 1,205Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like the KBB hair butter or cream to scrunch the crunch with. Jane Carter Nourish & Shine is also a good one but I'll use it more in the winter than summer. For a pomade type product with a bit of hold I use LOOB, Garnier Fructis Brilliantine Shine Wax or Deva Set me Up. The GF Wax is a bit harder hold than the other two so it really just depends on how much hold I need at the time.
    mostly 3a/fine/high porosity/low density
    Cleanse: Bosley shampoo and conditioner
    Stylers: Boots Curl Cream, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Keeper
    Gels: Volumax, Biolage, EcoStyler, BRHG
    Shea butter to scrunch out the crunch and seal
    Modified CG since Feb 2008
  • FeedYourHeadFeedYourHead Posts: 236Registered Users
    I'm really liking the combination of FOTE as a styling gel with a few drops of Carol's Daughter Tui Hair Oil to scrunch out the crunch....
    Name: FeedYourHead's Hair

Description: 3A/3B/2C in the back, Botticelli, fine, thick, high porosity, CG since 2008

Likes: Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Co-Wash Conditioning Cleanser; Curls Coconut Curlada conditioner; L - Eden Bodyworks Coconut Shea or Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing, O - coconut oil, C - Curls Creme Brule cream; FOTE AVG; honey; banana hair masks
    Dislikes: Silicones (:thumbdown:), Hairbrushes (:eek:) and harsh detergents (:protest:)
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    KBB cream/butter/oil--depending on the mood.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ja428ja428 Posts: 9Registered Users
    kathymack wrote: »

How much oil or cream do you use? I have tried both and feel like they either do nothing or make my hair look greasy. Thanks
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    ja428 wrote: »

How much oil or cream do you use? I have tried both and feel like they either do nothing or make my hair look greasy. Thanks

VERY LITTLE!!!! Just put a drop on my hands, rub them together and go from there.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ja428ja428 Posts: 9Registered Users
    ja428 wrote: »

VERY LITTLE!!!! Just put a drop on my hands, rub them together and go from there.

Thanks, I will try again.
  • TaraVictoriaTaraVictoria Posts: 374Registered Users
    thanks! I just ordered the KBB the other day! can't wait to give it a whirl!!!
    :)
    Tara - have a curly day!!!

LA Looks Curl Gel, Sauve Naturals conditioners Waterlily, CK, Deva Archangel , LOOB (has its days)...
    Deva One - LOVE it!!!!!!!

Botticelli's Flax Seed Hair Gel (a DIY!!!) THANKS Botticelli!!!!!!
    Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Creme (LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!)
    Shea Moisture Smoothie - GREAT stuff!

:angel5::angel5:
    for the love of the lens...

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fanimafoto.smugmug.com%2F" class="Popup

www.animafoto.wordpress.com
  • AprilnUtahAprilnUtah Posts: 519Registered Users
    Any more suggestions out there on finishing products? I'm looking for something to tame fly-aways and redefine my curls mid day if they get fluffy. I like KBB butter on my ends, but would like a lighter alternative that I could use more of to get the whole head back in shape without weighing it down.
    Maybe Innersense whiped texturizer? Anyone have good luck with this?
    April
    3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

• scarriecarriescarriecarrie Posts: 382Registered Users
    AprilnUtah wrote: »
    Any more suggestions out there on finishing products? I'm looking for something to tame fly-aways and redefine my curls mid day if they get fluffy. I like KBB butter on my ends, but would like a lighter alternative that I could use more of to get the whole head back in shape without weighing it down.

I have taken 1 pump of KBB hair milk and emulsified and smoothed over my whole head of hair. I have also used a pea sized amount of the Donna Marie L & T. Both have given me defined, springy curls
    Mostly 3A/Some 3B Thick/Dry/Colored/SL
    Loving natural products. Some of my favorites are:
    MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditionerloveshower.gif
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users

I have taken 1 pump of KBB hair milk and emulsified and smoothed over my whole head of hair. I have also used a pea sized amount of the Donna Marie L & T. Both have given me defined, springy curls

I have done this as well but with a smaller amount. What is smaller than a pea?
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    xcptnl wrote: »

You know, now that you have brought this to my attention, maybe I should call my pea size more like marble size. Pea size is pretty tiny. Maybe you use like a hamster pellet size. Aren't they kind of small?
    MHC Scalp Cleanser, Donna Marie Miracurl Gelly, Robert Craig Conditionerloveshower.gif
  • xcptnlxcptnl Posts: 15,678Registered Users
    xcptnl wrote: »

You know, now that you have brought this to my attention, maybe I should call my pea size more like marble size. Pea size is pretty tiny. Maybe you use like a hamster pellet size. Aren't they kind of small?

That might work - I always have issues describing the amount I use if it's under a pea size. Maybe a grain of rice?
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~
    Now that is TINY!!!
  • AprilnUtahAprilnUtah Posts: 519Registered Users
    LOL, I'm gonna try using KBB milk - somewhere between a grain of rice and a hamster pellet. :snorting:
    April
    3a/b, med texture, med porosity, low dews

• ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin