Are you generally happy with your curl pattern?

KindaWavyKindaWavy Posts: 383Registered Users
I'm still at the point where I'm hoping that I can possibly see better formation through CG. I started thinking tonight about what I'd do if "what I see is what I get". I'm one of those people who would stop curlies passing my way to compliment them on their curls. All my life, I've wanted curls like many of the posters here at nc.com, and would spend hours with the curling iron, and many a night with my little pink foam curlers (something my mother started by the time I was three).

I saw this pic, and thought it looked beautiful. I think it *might* be something I can achieve with my current curl, as it grows longer.

So, 2s, are you, like me, waiting with fingers crossed that you'll wake in the morning with beautiful 3A or 3B? Or are you happy with where you're at?

Show us your fantasy hair!

:D
Photobucket acct: http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq48/KindaWavy/
pw=hairhairhair

Shampoo bars w/Organic ACV rinses
KBB milk wash out, Super Silky leave-in
Donna Marie CCB, KCCC, FSG, and Cocoa Hemp Buttercream to scrunch the crunch.

2C/3A, slightly past BSL.

Comments

• whatsercurlwhatsercurl Posts: 4,049Registered Users
    Not sure how long you've been CG but I didn't see my full curl potential until about 6 months in. Previous damage, product applications, honing of routines were all contributing factors.

My biggest wish was always for more uniformity in my curls. I did achieve that in the summer. I'm hoping it will stay that way.

I was definitely a 2B when I started. I have more 3A than 2B now. Of course my hair is much longer too and it gets curlier as it gets longer.
    Current Products: CJ Products: CF, DF, CT, SG, AFG, CIAB AND CK is back!
    Current Experiment: S&C by D

Curl Fix and Daily Fix are my HGs :love4:

Sulphate and cone free since July 2007

wavy/curly fine texture/medium porosity/medium-low density

http://public.fotki.com/whatsercurl/

PW: wavycurly

Seek not to change the world. Rather seek to change your mind about the world.
  • curlyaniecurlyanie Posts: 111Registered Users
    'sniff' i do wish i had curlier hair, the under layers at least, huhu, i have half my head curly half of it straight/semi-wavy under..if i tie like a half ponytail it looks stupid..-sigh- but i have been getting wavier waves lately..but still the frizz i can't seem to tame yet!..i'd love to have 3a hair(evenly spread) someday!
    product staple: suave coconut conditioner
    goal: healthy BSL! :D
    obstacle: haven't figured it out:crybaby:
    :protest:probable suspects
    • hard water
    • varying product use
    • weather-hair chemistry confusion
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm a PJ always looking for the miracle product that will somehow turn my waves into spirals. But it's never gonna happen. It starts to look spirally while it's wet but the weight of my hair drags it down to waves again........Still trying to embrace what my hair CAN do not what I WISH it would do.
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • helloitsiohelloitsio Posts: 1,369Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm actully really happy with my curl pattern. When I first started out I swore up and down that my hair had 3a potential. Once I started taking better care of it, yes, my wave pattern did get much stonger to the point where I've been asked if I've gotten a body wave but no, it's not 3a...and I'm fine with that. The way I see it, there are a lot of celebrities who have their hair styled to make it look naturally wavy and there are tons of youtube videos on how to achieve a wavy look and here I get the look every day!!
    2 b/c :: slight protein sensitivity :: med/coarse texture :: normal porosity

http://public.fotki.com/Helloitsio/
    http://skinandhairjunkie.wordpress.com/
  • rymorg2rymorg2 Posts: 2,571Registered Users
    Oh, no I'm not satisfied. I'll never be satisfied, but I'm determined to take my wurls to the wurliest they can be. At this point I'd be extatic with a solid 2C with 3A tendancies. Don't know that it'll happen, but a girl can wish.
    Cosmetology Educator with sensitivities, eczema and Seborrheic Dermatitis.
    Low poo: looking
    COWash: Eden, cheapo condish, CJDF
    RO: varies
    Protein: CJCF or CJRM
    DT: CJHBDF, CJCR, DBPC
    LI: varies, usually KCKT
    Stylers: KCCC, CRNCM, UFDCM, Curls gel, ecostyler

Lady Karaan, High Priestess of Hayr Tretements in the Order of Curly Crusaders
    Fotki updated 10/12/10 Password: wavy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RyanneRyanne Posts: 686Registered Users
    I like my curl pattern, I don't want more curl.
  • INVUINVU Posts: 90Registered Users
    DEL, you have gorgeous hair! In fact, everyone's fotki I've seen so far has gorgeous hair. But I'm generally happy with my curl pattern. I don't want spirals...I'd be ecstatic if I could just get some volume and a little curl going on top! I've tried everything and just can't get any...:mad:

I have a fotki but haven't figured out how to get it on here automatically yet so here it is...I'm definitely open to suggestions! :)

http://public.fotki.com/INVU
  • TillyMunchyWavesTillyMunchyWaves Posts: 671Registered Users
    I like my wave pattern as long as they behave and do what they're supposed to!!
    Wavy, curly on the ends, 2C.
    Coarse to medium textured, porous, dry, and lots of it.
    Shampoo--HSH Pumpkin, Abba Pure Moisture
    LVPNG, HSH Pumpkin, Walgreen's Knockoffs--Condish/Cowash
    AOHR, Nexxus, EO--LI
    CK & ReCoil--Activator
    Suave Max Hold, Alagio Curl-Gel
    For inquiring minds who want to know:
    http://www.public.fotki.com/TillyErnissee
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    INVU wrote: »
    DEL, you have gorgeous hair! In fact, everyone's fotki I've seen so far has gorgeous hair. But I'm generally happy with my curl pattern. I don't want spirals...I'd be ecstatic if I could just get some volume and a little curl going on top! I've tried everything and just can't get any...:mad:

I have a fotki but haven't figured out how to get it on here automatically yet so here it is...I'm definitely open to suggestions! :)

http://public.fotki.com/INVU
    Awwwwwwsee that's why you're my new Best Friend:flower:

are you diffusing upside down and clipping the top to get volume or are you just ignoring my advice? :laughing7:
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • INVUINVU Posts: 90Registered Users
    Yes! Yes! I diffuse upside down every day...and clip! I will have some volume for about 5 mins, after that...flat and straight as a board :mad:
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm happier with my curl pattern when it's humid and the curls really pop. On drier days, it's not so much the waviness vs. curliness that I dislike -- it's the inconsistency. The waves are just too many different sizes and shapes, with a few spirals still trying to happen, so to me it sometimes just looks "off."

But I'm working on perfecting it.... also working on the self-acceptance part. :toothy3:

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • Kasey314Kasey314 Posts: 308Registered Users
    I'm happier with my curl pattern when it's humid and the curls really pop. On drier days, it's not so much the waviness vs. curliness that I dislike -- it's the inconsistency. The waves are just too many different sizes and shapes, with a few spirals still trying to happen, so to me it sometimes just looks "off."

But I'm working on perfecting it.... also working on the self-acceptance part. :toothy3:

ITA w/ the above. I love a moderate amount of humidity - I had some great hair days this summer! It seemed no matter what I put into my hair it looked awesome. But as soon as it starts to get cold, my hair is really hit or miss - lately it's been a miss :(

To answer the OP, there are days that I wish I had 3b hair, but most of the time I'm pretty content w/ the look of my curl/waves. I just wish I could get products to work for me long term (I seriously switch routines like every two weeks), that my hair wouldn't get to a point where it's so soft that my hair just becomes fluffy or weighed down, and that it would basically look the same everyday. Is that really too much to ask for??? :sad5:
    ~FIA~ 2c-M-iii

CG since 9/06, modified since 3/07.

:coffee: <~~ Me every morning

Updated fotki 5/06/08
    http://public.fotki.com/Kasey314/

Products-of-the-moment: Loving Innersense right now: Pure Essential Hair Bath, Pure Inspiration Daily Conditioner and I Create Quiet Calm Curl Cream. Devacurl Angell is my go to gel, nothing else like it for me. Nature's Gate Lavendar and Aloe Nourishing Conditoner is always in my shower.

password - curly girl

• veniqeveniqe Posts: 1Registered Users
    I like my curls but I wish my hair were curlier and with more volume.
  • curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    Although I do look at photos and get curl envy (hehe) I am having fun exploring my own curl pattern and what my hair likes etc. And I love the look my boyfriend gives me when I come out with my hair done (he's always liked it natural)

I'm a little bit sad that I didn't discover this site sooner, I chopped most of my hair off in winter (july/august) because it was driving me nuts (taking forever to dry, it made me cold plus I wanted a change). My hair always curled at the ends so I'm anxious to find out what it would look like if it was still long and I actually knew how to look after it and style it. So I'm patiently waiting..

I think the best part about this site is the emphasis is on loving yourself for who you are (how you are). Which happens to be exactly what I need at this stage in my life :D
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

http://public.fotki.com/curlywurlygurly/
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • lucky_dlucky_d Posts: 19Registered Users
    I am generally very happy with my curl pattern, if you can call it a pattern. I think it's cool how it goes in different directions. It gets a little wierd sometimes when the weather is humid+windy (aka "ponytail day").

Usually I start day one off with the maximum amount of wave/curl. Comes out pretty bouncy and wavy in a "controlled craziness" kind of way. Day 2 can usually be resurrected with a little water or serum. If not, I *gasp* can throw some hot rollers (not too hot) in it and create a different look. It really looks the most "glamorous" like this and if I am going for elegance this is the look I go for. Day 3 is iffy and sometimes ends up in a low ponytail, but it looks very businesslike and professional that way. If I was going on an interview, I'd choose this style no matter what day it is.

What I like about being wavy is being able to look different from day to day and not be restricted or have to put a lot of effort into doing different styles.

I have learned to just take the pulse of however it is feeling or behaving on a day to day basis and adapt my styling routine to that. So, yeah, I am happy!
  • ReddishRocksReddishRocks Posts: 779Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Not sure how long you've been CG but I didn't see my full curl potential until about 6 months in. Previous damage, product applications, honing of routines were all contributing factors.

My biggest wish was always for more uniformity in my curls. I did achieve that in the summer. I'm hoping it will stay that way.

I was definitely a 2B when I started. I have more 3A than 2B now. Of course my hair is much longer too and it gets curlier as it gets longer.

This is the reason I'm going to actually STICK with CG for awhile. I'm probably more 2c than anything else, but I've got a couple little under-curls that have been sheltered from the environment that are definitely 3a. If I could go totally 3a, I would SING!

My fantasy curls:
    http://www.dararecords.com/irish_music_store/info/images/celtic_woman_dvd_360.jpg

I'm an Irish stepdancer (when I'm not INJURED), and many of the younger girls wear super-curly wigs. I'd like to get to the point where I was happy with my natural curl for competitions by St. Patrick's Day. :D

17May09GlenEyriecrop-1.jpg

Hair is best when wabi-sabi.
    2b/2c at this length, more 3a when shorter
    M/C ii

Mod CG: Sept 08
    Using: Suave co-wash, GVP Conditioning Balm, Lustrasilk OOC, MGA, BRHG
    Humectants: @ dew point 40+
    My blog for dry climate curlies and growing out a pixie: Colorado Curly
  • wavycurly40+wavycurly40+ Posts: 2,017Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Kasey314 wrote: »

ITA w/ the above. I love a moderate amount of humidity - I had some great hair days this summer! It seemed no matter what I put into my hair it looked awesome. But as soon as it starts to get cold, my hair is really hit or miss - lately it's been a miss :(

To answer the OP, there are days that I wish I had 3b hair, but most of the time I'm pretty content w/ the look of my curl/waves. I just wish I could get products to work for me long term (I seriously switch routines like every two weeks), that my hair wouldn't get to a point where it's so soft that my hair just becomes fluffy or weighed down, and that it would basically look the same everyday. Is that really too much to ask for??? :sad5:

Boy, I hope not -- because that's what I'm trying for, too! And I have also been changing routines every couple of weeks or so. Hating my hair again this week, so back to the drawing board! (sigh)

Wurly and proud!
    Modified CG since 2008.
  • mrl234mrl234 Posts: 548Registered Users
    I like my hair sometimes. Some days, I get really nice wave definition and some looser spiralling, both of which are amplified by humidity. Lately, with the cold, dry weather, it's been frizzier and I'm trying to adapt to that.

Tight spiral curls can be beautiful and all, but so can looser curls and waves. This forum is about accepting our natural hair texture and making the best of it...all you wavies have great hair and you don't need to wish it were different!
    :happy10:
    fia 2C/3A-F-iii, sensitive to some proteins
    CGish since 10-16-08
    Low-poo: Yes to Carrots Daily Pampering Shampoo (1-2x/week)
    Rinse outs: Yes to Carrots Pampering Mud Conditioner
    Styling: a little bit of leave in and a little bit of KCCC, diffusing
    Olive oil DTs, honey rinses in the summer :)
  • swirldropsswirldrops Posts: 152Registered Users
    I've actually been thinking about this alot lately... wondering if I should just give up the fight for better curl definition and try for waves. More than anything I'd just like to have shiny, knot-free hair though. Sigh.
    Type: Course & thick. According to everyone's input, 2c w/ 3a potential.
    Color: Brown w/ highlights & annoying grays which I color.
    Length: Past shoulders w/ layers.
    Issues: Dryness, knots & more dryness!
    Poo: Deva Lo-Poo 1 x week, Clarify 1-2 x month
    CO Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut (but looking for something else b/c I suspect protein issues)
    Condish: GVPCB, LVPNG
    Leave-Ins: Was loving KBB Milk & Nectar, but overused them. Usually just leave-in some of what I CO with.
    Styling: Biolage Gelee

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file