What color? Help please!

k33rstynk33rstyn Posts: 59Registered Users
Okay so I'm at that point again where I'm bored with my hair. I decided I'm growing it out as long as I possibly can (I'm doing it before I get too old and it just looks silly!) so it pretty much has to be color or highlights/lowlights. What color do you think would look best?
2q1v1h5.jpg
This is a pretty recent pic. I'm naturally a dirty blonde and I've been highlighting for about a year now.

Before that I had lowlights:
2yy2vt3.jpg

and somewhere around there I was my natural color too:
sll388.jpg

haha wow i never realized how different my hair was. I've never really drastically changed my hair, even though these pictures make it look like it!

So what color do you guys think I should go for? I'm going to be pasty white for the winter, so remember that. haha.

Thanks!!

Comments

• LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Posts: 2,812Registered Users
    Personally, I like the lowlights or closer to your natural. I think we have similar haircolors and we tend to look best with what mother nature gave us. :)
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

• JillH410JillH410 Posts: 594Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I know I have the ability to go between brunette and blonde, and I've been brunette for the past 5 months or so... However, I've recently looked at pictures with the two different colors and I think I look better blonde. Then again, I've stopped tanning and if I had a little bit of color I would probably think I looked better as a brunette. The contrast of the dark hair and my pale skin isn't looking too hot. I want to get highlights again, but am afraid of the damage. I think you look great with the blonde, but maybe some lowlights would help add some dramatic flair to liven it up. Good luck with your decision!
    cowash: Tresemme Naturals
    rinse out: Garnier Triple Nutrition
    Leave in: Suave naturals, whichever scent I'm into at the moment
    gel: Garnier Fructis or LA Looks

3a-3b - high porosity
  • wildwoodflowrwildwoodflowr Posts: 63Registered Users
    Oooo I love the color in the last picture you put up. Looks gorgeous and natural on you.
    3a to 3b Medium/Coarse iii, Protein Sensitive

Occasional Cleanser: EO Products Sweet Orange Shampoo
    Conditioners: VO5 or Suave Conditioners (Co-wash), GVP Conditioning Balm (Rinse Out/Leave In), AOHR (Deep Treat)
    Stylers: Herbal Essences Set Me Up Gel, Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Nectar (SOTC)

• CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Another vote for your natural color, it really suits you. :)
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.
  • rockthecurlzrockthecurlz Posts: 910Registered Users
    My favorite is the last picture where your hair is natural. I think it suits you. :)
  • tulipantulipan Posts: 209Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think you look THE BEST in your natural colour. This light blonde doesn't fit you. In my opinion contrast between light, pale skin and darker hair is beautiful. And I think you're not right it's not hot. Well, it is hot:)

And I'm not saying this, because have the lightest possible skin and natural black hair;) Look at Japanese girls. I think dark blonde and really light skin is one of the most beautiful compositions:)
    3A/M/iii
    -
    full CG routine works for my hair!

s-event.png

Sorry for my mistakes in english! This is not my main language. I'm still learning!
  • cara4curlscara4curls Posts: 336Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The last pic, definitely. Your natural color is beautiful on you! That light blonde in the first pic doesn't do anything for you, and washes the warmth out of your complexion, and the color in the second pic, while better, still doesn't do it. You need the warm natural color like the last pic.
    health-conscious, visionary artist in transition
  • k33rstynk33rstyn Posts: 59Registered Users
    Thanks for all of the replies... I'm going in on Wednesday and I think I'm getting lowlights... hopefully my hairdresser will have ideas. She's someone I found through this website actually. :)

P.S. I know I look really pasty in that first picture, but it's partially because of the harsh flash. hahaha. Just thought I'd clarify...
    So I did it! I colored my hair a rich auburn with golden highlights. It's SO pretty. I no longer look pasty. I look tan and my eyes look so much bigger and brighter. Loves it. I'll try to post pictures soon. :) Thanks for all of your help!!

Life is more fun as a red head!!! :)
    Sounds great! Can't wait to see! :)
    So here are the pics! Hope you all approve! :)
    inxtlj.jpg2uzbaly.jpg23vns0j.jpg
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You did the right thing k33! It looks GREAT!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
    Great color, so natural! It really does compliment your coloring, and it will be so much easier for upkeep! :)
  • KindaWavyKindaWavy Posts: 383Registered Users
    Very flattering. Excellent choice!

:thumbright:
    Photobucket acct: http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq48/KindaWavy/
    pw=hairhairhair

Shampoo bars w/Organic ACV rinses
    KBB milk wash out, Super Silky leave-in
    Donna Marie CCB, KCCC, FSG, and Cocoa Hemp Buttercream to scrunch the crunch.

2C/3A, slightly past BSL.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file