At how many inches did you reach waist curly?

30isthenewblack30isthenewblack Posts: 49Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Following up on my other post on the board regarding when you reached BSL curly, I wanted to know at what length you reached curly waist? Please write down the length at which your hair is measured straight :smile:

Example: if my hair was straight, I would reach waist at 31" but because my hair is curly, I will have to grow an extra 3" to reach 34" (when pulled straight) to spring back to waist curly so I would choose 34". I hope that makes more sense!
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I haven't reach waist yet but I did a measure and it'll be there at 32" inches. I picked 33 because I clicked the wrong one.:happy6:

I'm not sure unstretched.
  • RyanneRyanne Posts: 686Registered Users
    I have reached it once, but I was 11.
    I measured it and I will reach it at 25.59 inch.
  • 30isthenewblack30isthenewblack Posts: 49Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Ryanne wrote: »

I feel like I'm discriminating against shorter people and people with small torsos! I only had ten choices unfortunately but this is the last time I think up a poll at midnight haha.
  • RyanneRyanne Posts: 686Registered Users
    Ryanne wrote: »

I feel like I'm discriminating against shorter people and people with small torsos! I only had ten choices unfortunately but this is the last time I think up a poll at midnight haha.
    I didn't think you were discriminating. It's a great poll.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Following up on my other post on the board regarding when you reached BSL curly, I wanted to know at what length you reached curly waist? Please write down the length at which your hair is measured straight :smile:

Example: if my hair was straight, I would reach waist at 31" but because my hair is curly, I will have to grow an extra 3" to reach 34" (when pulled straight) to spring back to waist curly so I would choose 34". I hope that makes more sense!

Maybe people misunderstood. My BSL is probably at around 25 inches. But, if I have 25 incches of hair, it won't reach my waist because it will shrink and be shorter. I think some are just measuring where BSL is and not thinking about needing a few more inches of hair than their actual BSL area to get there due to shrinkage.

I know I need waist length hair stretched to hit BSL dry.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • Melanie_LinnMelanie_Linn Posts: 457Registered Users
    My niece is 6 and her hair is bsl, but its tail bone when straightened. We have a similar shrinkage amount so my hair will have to be classical straight to pop up to my waist when dry. wick will be around 35-40 inches.
    3c/4aMCiii normal/low porosity med elasticty

Shampoo- JC Hydrating Invigorating poo, Alaffia Shea & Virgin Coconut Enriching Shampoo, CV poo bars
    Rinse out- Natures gate hemp, GSAS
    Leave in- GDLI, Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Leave in
    DT- Still working on that
    Styler- Ecostyler Crystal, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme
    Sealer- castor, Shea butter,jojoba oil

I don't know how well I'll keep it up, my blog The Lions Mane
  • 30isthenewblack30isthenewblack Posts: 49Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    [quote=redcelticcurls;743734sense![/quote]

Maybe people misunderstood. My BSL is probably at around 25 inches. But, if I have 25 inches of hair, it won't reach my waist because it will shrink and be shorter. I think some are just measuring where BSL is and not thinking about needing a few more inches of hair than their actual BSL area to get there due to shrinkage.

I know I need waist length hair stretched to hit BSL dry.[/quote]

I edited my post as I realised that I wasn't very clear the first time around. I am like you in that my hair will have to be waist length when it is straight at 30" to 31" to reach BSL curly and hip length to bounce up to waist curly. I am guessing for my hair to bounce up to waist curly, it will have to about 34" to 35" when pulled straight but I just wanted to get an idea of how long people had to grow their hair to bounce back to either BSL or waist :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file