CurlTalk

Sports board

NetGNetG Posts: 8,116Registered Users
Since I saw no announcement or warning of any kind, I figure I'll share my thoughts on the sports thread in the feedback area. This was my response to what I think is a ridiculous decision, posted on Yoly's Sports board thread:
I think this is ridiculous, and don't expect that I'll be likely to ever post a sports thread in the sports forum.

RCW not wanting to be bothered with not opening football threads doesn't seem justification enough to have a forum to me. And we don't keep threads alive long enough for it to matter. For the curly book club and the recipe forum, threads have a longer, less active life. Sports threads tend to have a very active life for a very short time, which goes against why the forums make sense otherwise. (And they don't overwhelm the board as politics threads were starting to w/ the upcoming elections)

This kind of "we're not even going to allow conversations to continue, or warn you, or accept opinions other than RCW's very public *****ing over and over" is the kind of crap which has made me take a hiatus several times this year. I just feel like - what's the point, can't actually continue a conversation over anything anyway, since everything gets broken up."

I just figured you should know that, since you might wonder why posters keep disappearing on you.
The pews never miss a sermon but that doesn't get them one step closer to Heaven.
-Speckla

But at least the pews never attend yoga!

Comments

• geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    I'm not going to get involved in the RCW vs NetG drama, but my 2 cents is sports should stay on the main non-hair forum.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,437Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I have to say, I'm completely lost here.

Several people asked for a Sports forum. We chatted about here at NC, and decided to do it. I made a post on the Announcements board.

I had no idea there was opposition. If most people don't want it, I'm happy to kill it. I'm not married to anything one way or another; I was just responding to the requests of members.

A quick email to me is a great way to handle concerns.

NetG, your post above really just confuses me. I'm not sure who's saying what or who's confused about what. But as I mentioned, a quick email is is the best way to express concern ! :)

Geeky, thanks for your thoughts, and if that's where most people are on the Sports forum, I'm happy to rearrange things.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    Gretchen, I think the majority of members do not want a separate sports forum, as evidenced by the threads found on both non-hair and the sports forum.

I'm not sure if you would like a poll to be made to have an official count or if the two threads alone are enough to can the sports forum.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,437Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Thanks for your note, Goldy. I'm happy to go either way, but I would like a poll, as I get a number of emails and PMs from folks who aren't comfortable posting on the boards about their preferences. I think an anonymous poll would be a great way to decide! :)

Will you please set one up, on Non-Hair?

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,455Registered Users
    Sure. I'll go set that up now.
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:

Leave a Comment