volume and growing questions

lauraloolauraloo Registered Users Posts: 2,121
Hey all- this is my first post EVER and I hope you all can be of some help!
I follow the no-poo routein--only conditioner, then suave gel and then diffusing when almost dry, followed by a good douse with hairspray. I have VERY thin, fine above-the-shoulder hair, and I'm having a hard time keeping my hair full. I have some lift at my roots, then the curls just fall down the sides of my head. Adding thickening spray or hairspray weighs my hair down even more, making looking good on day 2 impossible. Any suggestions for keeping hair thick without adding too much product?

My second question is that I'm trying to grow my hair out (it's been in a short pixie cut for the past 4 or so years, and I'm ready to move on from "cute") and I don't know whether to grow and then get a shaping cut or to get a cut now and then grow. I've been cutting my own hair for the past 5 years (heh... :wink: ) so it probably could use a cut, but I'm not sure if the very layered cut I currently have will be perfect when it gets a bit longer or not. I'm in the awkward "tweener" stage, so I'm feeling just waiting it out, but I just thought I'd see what you all had to say.

Thanks so much!
Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file