Any Garnier Fructis Curl Creme Users?

msjokermsjoker Registered Users Posts: 1,658
If you use it, how does it compare or differentiate from other curl cremes you've used? Have you used any other products that are similar?
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• LBGsk8trLBGsk8tr Registered Users Posts: 17
    This was the first curl cream that I used, but I did like it alot. My hair was really soft regardless of how much I put in (I'm heavy handed), but it did not give a lot of hold for the 4a section of my hair and I had to put in fantasia gel on top. I was just worried about the build up of product since it has cones and I'm curly girling it.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    It can definitely make your hair feel waxy and coated if you use too much. For me, the key is really working the product well in my hands before applying it to wet hair.
  • jada1111jada1111 Registered Users Posts: 829
    It can definitely make your hair feel waxy and coated if you use too much. For me, the key is really working the product well in my hands before applying it to wet hair.

Ita w/Webbie. Becareful with product application, otherwise it's great.
    Jada1111

HAIR TYPE: 4a all over/3c around nape/edges; Last relaxer -4/4/02; Big chop - 4/16/03

http://public.fotki.com/jada1111/
    PW: flower
  • CurlilocsCurlilocs Registered Users Posts: 821
    I just posted a review in the product review forum. I really liked the results, although I wasn't sure what to expect. I was about to apply it in my normal heavy handed way but when I realized the consitency, I went more with the directions. I have the cutest little curly 'fro today! The curls are soft yet defined. I may be keeping this one around.
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • susususu Registered Users Posts: 767 Curl Connoisseur
    I've had good luck w/ this - defines my curls and weighs my hair down a little bit (sometimes a little too much, in fact). Haven't used it in a while though...
  • msjokermsjoker Registered Users Posts: 1,658
    Thanks everyone for your replies. At first, I wasn't gonna try it, but now I will. I also wanted to try the wet shine gel but I haven't found that anywhere in my area.
    "It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."
  • ILuvCurlzILuvCurlz Registered Users Posts: 169
    I would definitley give this a try if I were you. For the couple of bucks it costs, it is well worth the try! I cant live with out it now. The best product I have tried thus far! Shine, definition, hold, and softness, all at the same time!
    "Eventually I knew what my hair wanted. It wanted to be itself. To be left alone by anyone, including me, who did not love it as it was."
    ~Alice Walker
    *PM for password*
  • dia99dia99 Registered Users Posts: 1,998
    I just purchased it last week and have used it twice. I like it a lot - it leaves my hair soft and it smells really great! If I washed my hair everyday for curl definition, I'd definitely use this (sparingly) with a gel. As it is, I wash my hair about twice a week and just wear it in a fuzzy puff. I think I am going to start doing more with my hair, so I will be using this and trying it with all the other suggested products I'll get tomorrow.
    People rise to the standard expected of them. GC
  • JCoilyJCoily Registered Users Posts: 18
    I have used the soft curl creme and all it does is make a mess.

I have applied it on wet and dry hair and it just makes my hair a sticky coated looking mess. Because of the consistancy I'm not very heavy handed with it (cuz it feels gross)
    I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it. -Garrison Keillor

Natural 4A/4B
  • PortaePortae Registered Users Posts: 337
    This stuff does not work for me. I've tried it on soaking wet hair, on damp hair, by itself, over a leave in, and all were failures. It makes my hair very gummy, increases my shrinkage in some places while stretching the curl in others, and leaves a dull cast on my hair.
    ~Break the Chains of Your Mind and Your Body will Follow~

3b/3c/4a
    http://public.fotki.com/Portae99/
    http://photos.yahoo.com/Portae_99
  • LadyLibra1982LadyLibra1982 Registered Users Posts: 203
    i am officially IN LOVE with this product!!! it really didn't do anything but de-frizz my hair... but that in itself is major. i applied it on soaking wet hair, right after Wild Growth Hair Oil and then plopped... amazing results. i had perfectly defined coils instead of fuzzy frizzy ones.

it's a keeper! :wink:
    Lady Libra
    3c/4a???
    i stick with the description "OS thready thick"

my curly fro now is at collarbone when straightened.... basically the length i had when i started transitioning! hooray for growth!!! =)
  • ILuvCurlzILuvCurlz Registered Users Posts: 169
    Yeah, this stuff is great! It is the one single product that I cant live without! I always get beautiful, soft, shiny, defined spirals!!!!! This is the best product yet!!!
    "Eventually I knew what my hair wanted. It wanted to be itself. To be left alone by anyone, including me, who did not love it as it was."
    ~Alice Walker
    *PM for password*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file