New Discovery: I Can't Leave Conditioner In

msjokermsjoker Registered Users Posts: 1,658
I know many women here love leaving condtioner in their hair, and I feel like the odd one out. I tried doing it a couple times and my scalp was sooooo itchy. So, I'll try a new experiment whereby I'll put conditioner on after my shower and maybe that will make a difference.
"It moisturizes my situation... preserves my sexy."

Comments

• abeautifulbrownabeautifulbrown Registered Users Posts: 73
    I did it the other day and itseeme dto be a good idea until I tried to wash it and it felt so dry and impossible to deal with that I had to break out the shampoo off-schedule and give it a good washing and condish before it felt normal.
  • CheleighCheleigh Registered Users Posts: 552
    I can't do it either. I used to sleep with conditioner on my hair overnight--until I discovered that the nape of my head itched something fierce after doing it. Now, I don't leave on conditioner any longer than three hours. I rinse out all the conditioner very well with pretty warm, then cold water.

I add leave-in (Giovanni Direct) to the hair only after rinsing out the other conditioner.
    Natural pics: http://picturetrail.com/shelacious
    pw: kinky
    Hair type: Spongy & kinky texture. Coily & curly strands.
  • canelacanela Registered Users Posts: 218
    Me too, I can't leave it either. glad to hear I am in good company :D
    Hair type: mix of everything but bushy
    "Do not brush curly hair, it makes it look like bad scribbles"
    my 5 year old curly haired girl, now a teen
  • TroDousTroDous Registered Users Posts: 241
    I can't leave it in alone either. I use Giovanni direct but I add oil and melted shea butter too it. If I leave in conditioners by themself I get extra -dry hair.
    Coily, springy, major shrinkage!
  • 3rdtymesAcharm3rdtymesAcharm Registered Users Posts: 53
    i can't leave condish in either...when i apply gel or other products i notice little white particles i my hair, from the condish drying or building up or whatever, but its gross!!! i like sleeping in it and rinsing out in the a.m tho.
    4a i think... last relaxer 10/05... BC'd 1/14/06

Don't put yorself down. The world is ready and willing enough to do it, so don't ever join in.
    http://public.fotki.com/rsamuell/
  • LadyLibra1982LadyLibra1982 Registered Users Posts: 203
    good, it's not just me! :)

i left conditioner in overnight once... oh my poor hair! it just felt like it had a thick nasty coating over it... ugh... and it was hard and cruncy... never again i say!!! :x

i can leave it in for a good 30 mintues to deep condition and get great results. but i guess the key is, RINSE IT OUT! :D
    Lady Libra
    3c/4a???
    i stick with the description "OS thready thick"

my curly fro now is at collarbone when straightened.... basically the length i had when i started transitioning! hooray for growth!!! =)
  • angellazetteangellazette Registered Users Posts: 9
    I condition, rinse completely, then I add in more conditioner as my leave in but not as much as before.
    Henna Photos-10/08/06
    Hair
    Album open
  • lalapixielalapixie Registered Users Posts: 242
    me either i save rich products for rinsing out cause i get a dull film and white residue plus i dont find it necessary for my hair
    violently happy
  • An AkashaAn Akasha Registered Users Posts: 175
    I also rinse it out, then only add a teeny tiny bit to the ends.
    Sometimes it works, sometimes I get crispy critters.
    BSL of thick 4a/ 3c coils.
    Member since 1999.
  • amarilla505amarilla505 Registered Users Posts: 164
    wow there's a whole bunch of us who don't leave in condish. i have to wash it out because it just doesn't do anything for me and it doesn't mix well with my styling products. actual leave in condish doesn't work for me as well. the only one that works is one that i made up which is just a spray bottle with water and coconut oil mixed up. so is that even considered a leave in? lol i don't know :)
    Truly Aesthetic...mind, body and spirit ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file