I just saw the most beautiful 3b head of hair

st. louis bluest. louis blue Registered Users Posts: 404
I am in a university library, and a young woman sat down at the next table. Her hair was cut very similarly to Alana Davis with the short bob, except that unlike ALana's, this woman's hair had more defined shiny ringlets, and was much, much thinner. In fact, if she wore her hair long, it would probably be a tad stringy. But at the low-chin length (the back was substantially shorter than the front), it looked exactly perfect. Not to mention original. I almost went up to her to tell her how beautiful I thought her hair was, but we are in a very quiet library, and I think my hair obsession is a little weird and off-putting to those who are not similarly obsessed. With curlies, you can be pretty sure that they at least get it, but still. The girl was trying to study. Inspiring those of us around her, but trying to study nonetheless.

Anyway, it got me to wondering, I wonder if thinner hair generally looks better when it's a little shorter.

Comments

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Registered Users Posts: 17,898 Curl Virtuoso
    You could have made her day!

It's not my nature to give compliments to strangers...but I did once, a few years ago, to a curly. And she said, "really? You like it??? I was just debating w/ myself whether or not I should cut it off."

Always compliment!

Unless you don't want to. LOL

• st. louis bluest. louis blue Registered Users Posts: 404
    I hear you. Spreading the love never hurts, I guess.
  • Alely MarinaAlely Marina Registered Users Posts: 37
    Yea who knows. Wouldn't it be funny if she was a poster here on NC.com. And now we'll never know :)
    "Impeach Busch. Drink good beer."
  • banjocurlbanjocurl Registered Users Posts: 1,031 Curl Connoisseur
    You could have made her day!

It's not my nature to give compliments to strangers...but I did once, a few years ago, to a curly. And she said, "really? You like it??? I was just debating w/ myself whether or not I should cut it off."

Always compliment!

Unless you don't want to. LOL

I have been complimenting fellow curlies, and they have all responded well and two are becoming my friends. here is one i met in VA last week!
    375127043303_0_ALB.jpg
    Susan suburban NY
    3b going gray, not thick, waist length when wet, a bit below shoulders when dry
    CG since 11/11/04
    http://public.fotki.com/banjolady/
    PW: banjo
    HG: suave and honey for co-wash, deva, i use garnier fructis regular CO's or boots pink or white as leave ins and LA looks sport gel. plop w microfiber turban, then curl towel scrunch, then another turban.i sleep with the turban on. little one minute hair styling videos http://www.youtube.com/user/lazycurls
  • lauraloolauraloo Registered Users Posts: 2,121
    That hair sounds very similar to mine! For a minute there I thought it might've been me you had seen, since you said a university library, but then I remembered that I never go there to study... :wink:

Like the other girls, I say you should definitely compliment! I met my very best friend that way, and I've also met two wonderful friends at college with curly hair just by complimenting them. Not to mention we share hair advice and talk about our hair all the time!
    Anyway, it got me to wondering, I wonder if thinner hair generally looks better when it's a little shorter.

I would definitely testify to that idea. I have VERY thin hair and keeping it short allows the layers to help volume me up. However, I'm currently growing it out, so we'll see how my curl definition and volume hold up :?
    Not all who wander are lost.

Fine and thin 3a. PW: curls

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file