Dairy Queen Commercial (speaking of flirting)

ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
Has anyone seen the DQ commercial with the mom and daughter buying sundaes?

While in the line, the girl (no more than 12) is flirting and waving to a boy. The daughter then tells her mom not to buy her one. Her mom looks perplexed, but doesn't order one. We next see mom and daughter sitting at a table (mom with a sundae) with a DQ employee bringing a sundae to the girl.

He says, "Compliments of the boy in the donkey shirt.". The girl turns around, smiles and waves at the boy and then says to her mom with smirk, "It's like shooting fish in a barrel.".

Thoughts on this commercial? Is she too young to accept sundae from an unknown boy? Too young for flirting to get free food?
Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin

Comments

• subbrocksubbrock Posts: 8,212Registered Users
    my mom HATES that commercial!
    and now that im a parent, i totally understand why she hates it.
    my little girl is still a baby, but shes got a big personality. everywhere we go (grocery store, starbucks, visting friends, etc) she makes friends. and people always try to give her stuff because they think shes so cute and she is super friendly. ive actually started declining things on her behalf.

to make a long story short, too young to accept sundae and flriting to get free stuff.
  • CynaminbearCynaminbear Posts: 4,476Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't like the message of that commercial. It might sell sundaes but worse it continues that stereotype that all women are money-grubbers and users. I hate that.
    There's no such thing as global warming. Chuck Norris was cold so he turned up the sun.
  • ZinniaZinnia Posts: 7,339Registered Users
    I agree with both of you.
    Life shrinks or expands according to one's courage. Anais Nin
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    i'll respond to this with one of the best lines in the movie "riding in cars with boys"

my daughter's a tramp!
    my daughter's a tramp!
    MY DAUGHTER'S A TRAMP?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjOOWc-VR68

i love this movie! if you've never watched it, please rent it. you'll laugh and cry. it's great!
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    I HATE that commercial too. It's just....wrong. Little girls shouldn't be flirting with boys to get them to buy them food. And moms shouldn't be condoning it.
    ehLB.jpg
  • 2happy2happy Posts: 5,138Registered Users
    And what about the little girl out there with low self esteem who thinks those things only happen to the pretty preppy girls. That commercial just knocks her down a few more pegs. :sad3:
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it.....Piss on it and walk away.
    Location - WI
  • CurliLocksCurliLocks Posts: 10,573Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't like the message of that commercial. It might sell sundaes but worse it continues that stereotype that all women are money-grubbers and users. I hate that.
    sarah42 wrote: »
    I HATE that commercial too. It's just....wrong. Little girls shouldn't be flirting with boys to get them to buy them food. And moms shouldn't be condoning it.

Well said, both of you. I *hate* that commercial, I hate my son seeing it, it gives him the wrong impression of girls/women. :mad: :angry2:
    SF Bay Area, CA * "The Angel-Goddess-Guru of Haircoloring" :D
    3b/c/a mix. medium texture, low porosity
    My Motto: Strand Test! some hair pics
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] -- gone, but never forgotten.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file