EBAY - Not getting what you paid for

kurlskurls Posts: 843Registered Users
I made a purchase 2 weeks ago on ebay - one of those 'buy it now' specials. The paypal payment went through with instructions to send my name and info so that I can receive the item - which I did right after buying it. Typically, I would expect to hear back within a day or so, but haven't. So I email the seller through "contact seller' link and send a msg in regards to my item - no response. 3 days later, I send another msg to the seller - no response. 3 days after THAT, i sent yet another msg to the seller about my item - no response. I check the feedback for this seller, and it seems that everyone ELSE that purchased this item had no problems and wrote positive feedback, yet for some reason I don't get any 'word' on when I will get my item or what the hold up is.

What other steps should I take? I'm not really all that familiar with protocol in a problem like this with Ebay...
People will always do what they want to do...no matter what you say!

Comments

• ZARIA**ZARIA** Posts: 706Registered Users
    File a dispute through ebay and paypal. But dont worry with buyer protection, you will always get your $$ back. Good luck. Do it asap.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hispanic/Black 3A-B
    Mixed hair: Curls, waves and spirals.
    http://public.fotki.com/7788/hair-growth-ultra-n/
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    First, try to see what's going on w/ the seller. Maybe something happened & they are away from their computer :dunno:
    I would do a dispute as a last resort. I believe you have 30 days. I've had a few & as Zaria said you will get your $ back. It's a hassle, but doable...g/l
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I had this problem too once...I never did get my stuff or my money back.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • StarrwithoutniteStarrwithoutnite Posts: 1,732Registered Users
    The one and only time I have used Ebay I didnt get my item or my money back. I went through all those nice 'chanels' too...paypal, ebay complaints. I even went to BBB and filed a complaint. Oh well, a $300 lesson learned.
    "Someday love will find you...break those chains that bind you!!"

XIJ2VeH.jpgXIJ2m8.png

• sariroosariroo Posts: 1,958Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I had this happen too but there wasn't much I could do about it. I actually forgot I bought it and by the time I realized it, my 30 days to complain or whatever was up. It was only $10.00 I lost but still, if they did it to even 10 people they have made some money. *******s!
    316vq4y.jpg
  • AmandacurlsAmandacurls Posts: 6,252Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ZARIA** wrote: »
    File a dispute through ebay and paypal. But dont worry with buyer protection, you will always get your $$ back. Good luck. Do it asap.

Ditto. Do this ASAP.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    It depends on how you paid.
    Are ya'll saying you paid by PayPal & still had probs?!
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• kurlskurls Posts: 843Registered Users
    First, try to see what's going on w/ the seller. Maybe something happened & they are away from their computer :dunno:
    I would do a dispute as a last resort. I believe you have 30 days. I've had a few & as Zaria said you will get your $ back. It's a hassle, but doable...g/l

I did this...sending 3 messages without filing a complaint with Ebay because I wanted to give the seller the benefit of the doubt. BUT - thing is - when you look at this sellers feedback, it seems that everyday since I bought my item, OTHERS have bought/received the same item, and left positive feedback - yet I seem to be the only one that hasn't gotten my item. And yes, it was paid for through PayPal...so hopefully I'll get my money back.
    People will always do what they want to do...no matter what you say!
  • battinlashbattinlash Posts: 1,850Registered Users
    I've had this happen several times, and I have always gotten my money back via PayPal. I think the only reason that I got it back is that I sent PayPal the contents of the emails I had exchanged with the seller. So PayPal got a chance to see the emails in which I asked "Where's my item?" but received no answer. They also got to see the emails I exchanged with a couple of sellers who said "Not my problem".

Bottom line is, document everything. Keep a copy of every email you send. Keep all the dates handy, from the day you bought it to the day it was supposed to have been shipped by. If you have a tracking number, keep that too. Giving PayPal (or Ebay) all this info when you file your dispute makes it much easier for them to refund your money. They aren't necessarily going to refund you money just because you ask for it...you have to provide proof.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file