Anyone else have an Aerogarden?

SarahMarieSarahMarie Registered Users Posts: 901
Does anyone else on here have an Aerogarden? I got mine for Christmas last year. I grew the herbs that came with it and was really pleased. Then I got a salad greens kit and was also very happy with the results from it. I just received the green bean kit that I ordered. Does anyone know anything about it? I wanted to get strawberries, but they apparently don't sell them right now.

Comments

• g-stringrannyg-stringranny Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    I would love to have some, but it's not in my budget nor do I have the space. Did you know people are growing marijuana in them?:laughing7:
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • battinlashbattinlash Registered Users Posts: 1,850
    SarahMarie wrote: »
    Does anyone else on here have an Aerogarden? I got mine for Christmas last year. I grew the herbs that came with it and was really pleased. Then I got a salad greens kit and was also very happy with the results from it. I just received the green bean kit that I ordered. Does anyone know anything about it? I wanted to get strawberries, but they apparently don't sell them right now.

I'm intrigued by these but I don't have one. Do the herbs grow year-round or do they die eventually? I thought about buying an Aerogarden just to have fresh herbs in the winter. I don't want to have to keep re-planting them, though.
  • misfitcurlsmisfitcurls Registered Users Posts: 736 Curl Novice
    I would love to have some, but it's not in my budget nor do I have the space. Did you know people are growing marijuana in them?

that was my idea...
    HENNA HEAD
    3B just past BSL in back (when curly)
    CG since 3/08
    HG's:biolage condtioning balm and kpak (both the generic value versions)
    overnight plop with a flour sack the strutt way
    honey after leave-in
    satin sleep cap & shea butter for day 2 hair
    USING:KCKT&KCCC(its my HG :))
    ALSO LOVE:jessicurl aloeba leave-in, rr, ccss
    http://public.fotki.com/misfitcurls/
    by: Riot Crrl!
    I think you could walk around with words and stick people drawn on your face and still look supercute.
  • LikeAustraliaLikeAustralia Registered Users Posts: 2,812
    SarahMarie wrote: »

I have one, but it is now empty and collecting dust. It got a horrible case of those little white bugs... the name is escaping me now. I plan to replant it when I move in December. I had the herbs, so I don't know anything about the green beans. I would love to hear how yours turn out though. I LOVE green beans! :)

ETA: They are called aphids.
    Not Cindy or Sindy or Syndey or any other such abomination.
    It's Sydney, like Australia.
    Formerly known as SydneyCurl.

• g-stringrannyg-stringranny Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    I would love to have some, but it's not in my budget nor do I have the space. Did you know people are growing marijuana in them?

that was my idea...[/quote]

:laughing7:
    AKA lotsawaves
    AKA new2curls
  • SarahMarieSarahMarie Registered Users Posts: 901
    I LOVE my Aerogarden. I just stick to growing the legal herbs and stuff. ;) I really wanted a garden, but I didn't have money. I asked for an herb garden for Christmas last year, thinking I would get pots and seeds, which I was totally fine with. My boyfriend's mom really surprised me and got me the Aerogarden. They have smaller ones now that only hold 3 plants. They're still $100 though! I honestly think it is worth it for me though.

I love having the fresh herbs/vegetables year round. The herbs do have to be replanted, but they lasted for 6 months before I had to take them down because I was moving. I'm excited about the green beans. I'm planting them tonight. They come with little wire trellises.
  • leepalmerleepalmer Registered Users Posts: 14 Curl Novice
    Would be cool to see some photos here, as I never even heard about aerogardens (going to google right now huh). Home garden is my dream, I am a noob here, just thinking about buying +1 LED grow light device. I think many details and conditions depend on the climate you're living in. Gardening indoors always presupposses a cold one. Cold climate means lack of sunshine and ultraviolet, which you have to compensate no matter how. The most accessible and economical way are quality LEDs, here is fair and comprehensive review on top LED grow lights by the way https://smokeandbuzz.com/  . LED technology allows saving electric energy (and bills for it), it is more advanced than previous HID/MH lights. Just pay attention to the next factors choosing a suitable lighting device: power consumption, price, spectrum, wattage, coverage area, and grow room space. Good LEDs can serve you more than 10-20 years, I think it is very important.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file