Glossing

~915~~915~ Registered Users Posts: 519
I am growing out an old relaxer. The ends are straight, but I don't want to big chop. (I have about six inches of virgin hair.) My hairdresser says that a semi-permanent Schwartszkopf gloss will make the ends look more like virgin hair, but it's going to be $100. I'm afraid that the gloss will damage my virgin hair in some way or that it won't help the ends curl up. Any thougts or experiences?

Comments

• love yourself firstlove yourself first Registered Users Posts: 5,398
    I am growing out an old relaxer. The ends are straight, but I don't want to big chop. (I have about six inches of virgin hair.) My hairdresser says that a semi-permanent Schwartszkopf gloss will make the ends look more like virgin hair, but it's going to be $100. I'm afraid that the gloss will damage my virgin hair in some way or that it won't help the ends curl up. Any thougts or experiences?

I am really curious about glossing too! I think that Amneris uses them so maybe she will check in - I know that she sometimes checks out this board and posts. I didn't know you were growing out chemicals. Good luck with that!
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

(taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)
  • beaglecookiebeaglecookie Registered Users Posts: 150
    Here's some info from another post:
    http://naturallycurly2.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=68311
    Hair almost to waist. Brown with light brown highlights. 3b spiral curls. I love curly hair.

One C, CK, Re:coil, Boots , Abba Weightless, BRHG, Spiral Cream, Curls Ecstasy and Ouidad DT

PW- mymia
  • PokahontasPokahontas Registered Users Posts: 184
    I have never heard of a gloss making the hair curl up. I know it will make it shiny. Is it some kind of special gloss.....cuz you could do that yourself easily for a fraction of that price. You can't really mess up with something that is clear. I think your stylist might be just trying to make a quick hundred but that's just my 2 cents.
  • moisturemaniacmoisturemaniac Registered Users Posts: 51
    I had a gloss done a couple of years ago for about $20. it definately made my hair look shinier and my 3a/bFi curls tighened to about a 3c. It only lasted for a month, though, and i didn't think it made my hair look healthier at all. It just looked like I had coated my hair with silicones, which is pretty much all a gloss is. I think you should try it if you are curious, but only if you find a salon that won't charge you that much!
    Have finally figured out I am a 3A! VERY fine strands. CG since 7/05!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file